• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

A couple of questions.....**** WON ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, great site!:D

I have followed all steps so far, to recover £1107 and have had all the usual standard letters back.

I am due to start moneyclaim next week, but have come to a grinding halt. I have spent all week trying to find some way to opening the spreadsheets to work out the interest, I don't seem to have anything on my pc to use/view the files used:roll: Also, as I am on benefits and can't afford the £120 for moneyclaim, do I apply for exemption before I start moneyclaim? I don't want to start it, to then find out I cannot proceed.

I know you are all very busy and any advice would be much appreciated:)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi stadium_arcadium (Good choice of username btw :D),

You can download OpenOffice from http://download.openoffice.org/index.html - it's an office package in a similar way to Microsoft Office (IE: Word, Spreadsheet program etc etc), but completely free.

There is an OpenOffice version of the spreadsheet available at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/7079-open-office-spreadsheet-interest.html :)

As for the exemption, I can't say for sure about the online Moneyclaim. Your safest bet would be to visit your local County Court and ask for some help with the forms and exemption rules - or wait for one of the very knowledgeable Mods to post here ;)

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Thanks very much reload, will try the OpenOffice today :grin: I am looking forward to this, Lloyds (and all the other banks) have taken the mick for far too long already! One up for the ordinary folks!!

This forum has been a tremendous help8)

As for SA, has to be the best thing RHCP have done since Blood Sugar, don't you think?;-) I am loving it!!!

Also, as I am on benefits and can't afford the £120 for moneyclaim, do I apply for exemption before I start moneyclaim? I don't want to start it, to then find out I cannot proceed.

I have not used moneyclaim myself but believe there is a section on the site that informs you of how to apply for an exemption I think you need to read it ASAP.

As far as if you go to file your claim in person then you need a recent letter ( as in the past 3 months ) to prove you are in reciept of a qualifying benefit .Then you have to apply for exemption.So if you look on moneyclaim you will be much better informed.

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Unfortunately you can't use Moneyclaim if you are exempt from paying the Court fee.

You would have to complete an N1 and start the claim at your local Court. You would also need to fill in an application for exemption - form EX160.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

When you issue your claim with the N1 form take 3 copies of it and your schedule .

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Thanks for that advice, mjanet. Will do.:)

Sorry for sounding really stupid, but I just cannot work out the OpenOffice. When I open it, it shows a load of gobbledygook code, am I doing something wrong?:???: If I can't work this out I think I might just go for the charges and forget the interest. Has anyone else done that and would it be ok?

Do you have OpenOffice installed on your PC? And are you using the OpenOffice template from this site, rather than the Excel template?

If you don't have OpenOffice installed, do you have Excel or Microsoft Works?

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

OK, I have since managed to get hold of Excel, and opened the spreadsheet, but I am totally confused, I have no idea where to start:???: I am going to have another look at it, and a look round the forum, to see if there's any step by step instructions, cos I think thats what I need:rolleyes:

I so wish I'd done this sort of thing at school lol.

Hi

If you've entered the description, amount of charge & date then the 8% interest should calculate automatically.

Have you got the correct spreadsheet?

FIRST DIRECT: £4751.86 SETTLED IN FULL 5/07/06 :-)

TESCO VISA CARD: £90 SETTLED IN FULL 12/08/06 :)

LLOYDS TSB: £4403.59 SETTLED IN FULL 17/08/06 :)

EGG: £451.52 SETTLED IN FULL 18/01/07 :)

Opinions and advice of kazzaw are independent, offered informally, without prejudice, without liability, and not endorsed by the Bank Action Group. If in any doubt, seek the advice of a qualified, insured professional.

All done! :D Wow, can't believe the interest comes to £266.99 !!!!!:o And one occasion I was charged £200 in one day!!! No wonder I have been so skint all this time! taking that kind of money from poor folks on benefits is a crime!!

Does the amount above sound right for £1107.50 in charges?

So, just to remind myself, do I attatch/include this sheet with my claim at the courts? And how does it work regarding interest up til the point where the bank settles up in full??

Thanks for your help everyone:D

I used the Colmore Row address when filing my claim - didn't get any problems from it myself. As for the registered address, I guess it's the London address in the contacts sticky thread at the top of the Lloyds forum?

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Best of luck Stadium

i tried to sort outmy interest and best i could get right is the daily rate!as my computer /network isn,t up to it.

They will try and deny everything when they righrt to you just come back on her listen to bankfodder and other good folk who know and are clever.

Buy the small claims book if you feel it will help(reckon it will later)got 1 myself cos it got a bit frightening now ive got it at my fingrtips we will see what happens eh

john r

Hope you manage to work out the interest, lancsman, it's def worthwhile. Good luck with your claim too, thanks for your encouragement:)

Received an acknowledgement of service this morning, indicating an intent to defend. They are using Sechiari Clarke and Mitchell solicitors for my claim. They have til the 28th July.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, not one word from Lloyds so far, though they still have til this Friday to enter a defence. From what I understand they will leave it til the last minute on either Fri eve, or the courts will allow them til Mon morn?

I did see a couple of peeps on here on the same timeline as me, but can't find them anymore :-| will keep looking.

Well, it's Friday 28th, and I have recieved no defence from Lloyds. I gather I have to wait til 4pm before I can hand in the request for judgement, then that won't get into the courts system til Monday morn? Do I ring the court to see if they have recieved anything from Lloyds?

I don't want to jump the gun, but am itching to get things moving!