Plus Net keeps dropping broadband connection in the evening

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5735 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How they can justify a 5 year contract is beyond me - The longest I have seen is 24 months, and that came with a free laptop!!

:(

Well we got a five year tie-in we weren't aware of and that's about all I am afraid. We certainly didn't get a laptop. :-|

I just done a bit of digging around on Google - It was a deferred charge that Plusnet would (not sure if they still do now) charge on a falling scale over 5 years. The amount you would have to pay back would decrease by 20% for every year you stayed a customer.

As rightly stated, this is to cover the connection charge over just over £40 quid that BTWholesale charge, and for the CPE too.

Interesting. Their customer service chap told us (via their online advice center) it would be £60.- payable if we leave before the five year contract is up and once paid they will be happy to advise the MAC to us.

There was no mention of a sliding scale or £40.- or anything. It was £60.- or we have to fulfill the five year contract.

Maybe the guy was talking through his rear end.

Might be worth trying again and see what they say now and if it is any different :rolleyes:

either way, it's a blatant rip off.

I know the ISP I work for certainly have never charged a cancellation fee, unless the customer is still in the 1 year minimum term.

It's certainly not a good way to manage customer churn!! :-o

I don't think Plusnet has got a customer base as such, they simply take and keep prisoners.....;)

They cannot refuse you a MAC code. Any debt, they need to sort out after.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar