unfair dismisal. do I have a case?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The duty manager has just called.

He has been told not to give a statement because it is my duty to launch the appeal.

I can use his name in my appeal as a whiteness and he can be called upon during the investigation process.

I think thats all we're going to get Ell-enn.

Time for the final draft you think?

Hi, will look at the statement in a moment.

When you hand in your appeal, make sure you address it to the correct person (it should also be in a large SEALED envelope) and ask for a signature or receipt for it.

When will the duty manager be calling you back? if there is already a written document from him (incident report?) which is on your file, then you are entitled to a copy of it whether the head of personnel likes it or not. If they won't give it to you before the appeal - we will mention that in the appeal document, and refer them to it (adjourning the meeting if necessary).

I will need you to stay online so we can get this all together as soon as possible.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

OK, next.........

Can you PM me the names of those present on the day you were sent to hospital (17th August?) who was the duty manager who would have written the incident report.

Were you kept in hospital overnight?

What date did you return to work after the hospital incident i.e. what date did your line manager send you home (I can't work it all out from the sickness absence record you sent me!).

What is happening with the statement from the first aider? was she only present on the occasion you were sent to hospital or second occasion when you were sent home.

It's a shame the girl who witnessed you being sent home and told to stay off until you were better isn't able to give a statement, but we can't put any pressure on her. Would the person who sent you home have made a report that day?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Ok, so it looks like we don't have any statements from anyone who overheard you being sent home on Wed 22nd. I will work with what we've got and reference witnesses you can call to substantiate your claim.

Do you know who called the ambulance?

Be back shortly........

Duty manager didn't seem willing to take responsibility for calling the ambulance.

He says:

The first aider suggested they should call an ambulance immediately and he agreed.

He says he does not know who it was who called it though.

Right - we will have to go with what we have - if the statement from the first aider turns up we will ask to submit that on the day as supplementary evidence which was not available at the time of submission.

I've PM'd you what to write on the appeal form - I will email (to the address you ave me the other day) the appeal doc as a word attachment.

Please confirm when you have completed the instructions.

I've PM'd what to write on the form.

I've emailed the appeal document.

When you have got it all together, remember to take a photocopy of everything before you hand it in.

Let me know when you have it all together.

• Haha 1

Great Stuff! have you got a photocopy of everything? If so -

Go give it to them boy!!!!!

(and don't forget to get a receipt for it)

Then go home, have a drink and try to relax until you get the appeal date. Well done for being brave!

Ell-enn x

Cheers! I will be having a little G & T later on myself.

I'm afraid it's just a case now of waiting to hear what date your appeal will be heard. Don't worry - we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Enjoy your pint!

Ell-enn

Ell-enn, I have another question or you.

I have been called today by a company offering me an interview for tomorrow. They are a top company so naturally I accepted straight away.

But what should I say when they ask about why I am leaving my previous employer?

How did you apply for this job?

Good morning :)

I actauall applied or this one before any of this unpleasent buisness with my current/ex employer even started. about 4 weeks before actually. I had thought they hadn't considered my application but apparently the closing date for applicants was only last week.

They are a good company but I'm not sure what to say about current circumstances.