• Tweets

• sorry but that letter needs to be much much better. you need to express that it was a stilly youthful mistake trying to be the big man and jumping the turnstile to look big infront of your peers. TfL prosecutors are on the email address on their first letter. get the court form sent back to the court , (but copy it first) stating you plead guilty and wish to attend to address the judge in person face to face to show your genuine remorse for your stupid youthful exuberance.      
    • I thought I should send the begging letter to the prosecutor. Does the hearing means the time I need to send back by? If so, it’s June 5  I plan to send the new begging letter as following, can I ask for some suggestions? Dear Investigator/Prosecutor,  Thank you for your reply. I deeply regret my actions and the inconvenience they have caused.  I’m extremely remorseful for my crime. and regret it everyday. I often ask myself ‘’how can I do that thing just because I felt it is interesting. There are a lot of crimes in the world, but feeling it’s interesting is certainly not a reason to crime. I should not crime with any reason.’’ I think about these things every day, and I understand that I can’t blame anyone but myself.  I thanks to the staff who stopped me, as this is a valuable lesson in my life. I told myself that I should never ever repeat such a thing again, and never ever do anything which is possible to be in breach of any law. As a result, I carefully tap my oyster card every time before I enter the station now. I remind myself that I did a wrong thing before, and I should never let it happen again.  Although my monthly travel expenses do not warrant a season ticket, but I just renew my season ticket (please see the attachment). I understand that a crime cannot be truly compensated for, but purchasing a season ticket offers me a small measure of comfort, knowing that my actions caused a loss to the public interest.  I received an email which ask me to negotiate being class teacher in this summer (please see the attachment). I hope that I could teach the lovely students again, which may not be allowed with a criminal record. I would please ask that you would please provide me a single opportunity to settle all outstanding sums owed outside of court without the need for legal proceedings which would have a determinantal impact on my teaching career.  I sincerely apologise again for my crime. If you need anything further from me to help you please let me know.   Yours sincerely,
    • LoL Dx you crack me up. Thanks for the advice. I'll stay positive.
    • Utter Rubbish!! lowell dont write and beg for deals once they start court. as for your attitude, we'll thats nothing new for you.😎 you wont be quizzed, it's not like TV, simply refer to your defence/WS when answering anything the judge may ever ask. well it involves chickens. dx  
    • Thanks fk, I hope I don't have to face the court. Bless you for the reassurance. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA / Idem... in court Friday 31 March 2014.. help needed. ** Claim Dismissed **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have a summary Judgement Hearing to strike me out next week

following a claim from Shoosmiths in respect of an debt to IDEM SERVICING and would welcome any advice.

Should I try to strike the claim out?

Can you tell me a if The documents below are all included by Shoosmiths in their trial bundle.

(A) If the Claim is valid as it does not include an account number ?..

(B) is the agreement valid

I am particularly interested in the rubber stamp signature that seems to have been randomly added at a later date..

. and does it have what it needs to make it a legal ?

C) The reference number on the agreement does not tally with the account number they claim they have bought.

The Default notice does not tally with the account number they have bought.

How does this affect the case?

D) They have provided no notice of assignment.

I applied to idem for any documentation they had on me ..

. The terms and conditions they supplied were not the same as those provided by shoosmiths.

Idem only contacted me a couple of months ago ..

before I was talking to Arden..

Is there a rule about masquerading?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Will keep in touch and let the forum know the outcome

Edited by jackreacher

WON lloyds walked away after second hearing £10,000 2014

WON Mbna after 3rd hearing £5,000, 2014

WON Barclaycard 1st hearing £2015, 4,500

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when did you take the card out

when did you last pay anything

get the rest of the paperwork scanned up

have you requested this paperwork via cpr or cca?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for your quick response

applied fpr card 6/4/98 1998 ( see agreement)

Last paid to mbna on account 35 on 08/11/2012

This also show on my mbna statement..

weird as Idem claimed to have bought it in jan 2012.

no payment to idems account of 48

I have no account with that number on

I have requested and received the cca paperwork

Different terms and conditions..

No default notice..

agreement is the same..

no deed of assignment..

regards Jack

all mbna correspondence relates to account ending 35

Application number relates to ref ending 27

I hope this helps as i am looking for a decent defence ..

DN is close on the 14days

if it was sent by MBNA usual method

of 2nd class UK Mail.

have you all the statements from birth too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I have no statements for the account Idem claim to have taken over.. ending in ####48

They have not provided/offered any for the strike out against me..

There is nothing in their bundle.

. just the letters I have copied here plus the application / agreement included here.

That is my point..

they claim to have taken over an existing account ending ###48

The mbna documents they are using to make their case and strike me out all refer to an mbna account ending in ####35

The application reference number is ending ####27

There is nothing to link these accounts except Idem saying so!

The claim itself has no account number on it.

There is no deed of assignment.

The default notice is for an account ending ### 35

The application/agreement does not appear to have contain what it needs to to make it enforceable

How or what do I defend.. ?

forget any number idem or anyone has themselves give the debt.

its the MNBA 16 digit account number that's the important one.

their documents contained relied upon within their PoC MUST refer to

documents they have or their case will fail.

a CPR 31:14 will give you those

dx

and they

Thanks for the reply DX.. I have only included and refer to the MBNA 16 digit account numbers ..

Idem Claim they have the mbna 16 digit account ending 48

The evidence they are providing written by mbna all refer to a 16 digit mbna account number ending 35

Should the MBNA application form match the MBNA account number?? It does not ..

They have provided no statements

No deed of assignment

I would appreciate a opinion on the application form

I have Idem numbers but I have not included them.

What exactly did you receive from your s78 request. Post it up in full inc t and cs

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

The application form is just that-where is the agreement with prescribed terms and t and cs?

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

forget the deed you'll never see that.

it is quite usual for MBNA card numbers to change.

have you even sent MBNA an sar

dx

and they

if you've had 'an' MBNA account since 1998

and have paid toward it till 2012

trying to wriggle about paper numbers being wrong aint gonna cut it with a judge.

dx

and they

just to add in answer to your question, the adding of the signature is of no consequence, just normal practice to rubber stamp application forms in various banks, Providian just stamped them Providian National Bank without even any signature if I remember correctly. What did you base your defence on?

Thanks for all your responses

regarding wriggling on numbers.. I have actually two seperate accounts one is ending 35 and one 48.. I should have made this clear

Idem are claiming to have account 48.. but are using 35 default notice etc..

Surely Idem need a deed of assignement? particularly as they have only just come forward.. Arden had it until 3 months ago.. Is there something about masquerading behind a different company!

sent mbna a sar on all and any accounts.. no default notice.. no deed of assignment.. shows 4 different accounts 2 paid off. Plus the 35 and 48 accounts.

The claim itself has no account or credit card number on it..

There is no agreement form just the application form.. They have sent t& c's through but they have my current address on them that I only moved into 6 years ago, so are clearly not the originals.. they also differ to those returned from MBNA themselves.

SO.. can anyone tell me if the Application form is classed as the agreement .. and if so does it contain all the prescribed details to make it valid?

I have done a coverall defence.. As their claim is not particularised I am unable to make a full and proper defence.. putting them to strict proof and original copies.

Really I just want to avoid getting struck out on wednesday so I can bring everything into court at a hearing as their case is so messed up at the moment..

please post up answer to post 10. your reply to your cca request. From what you say they have not complied with your s78 request and s78(6) would apply. Seperately Notice of assignment not deed

Edited by theoldrouge
comment added

just to further clarify, the letter from idem dated around 30/01/12, is your Notice of Assignment, that is all thats required, you will never see the deed. Your application form is part of your agreement, but you also require the t&cs and prescribed terms that link to this to form the full agreement

This agreement is from 1998

Could you point me in the direction of what prescribed terms are required, an example would be great.. I Have non and non have been provided

Should they be on the application form or a separate piece of paper.. This could be important for me

I do have some T&C's but the ones provided by Shoosmiths do not match those provided by The SAR I did on Idem! Surely the should match?

Is this important!

Jack

I suggest you have a read of the OFT Guidance on sections 77, 78 &79 of the CCA1974, and also Carey v HSBC. But it would help if you posted what t&cs you have been sent

Thanks guys managed stave off getting struck out in a summary judgement.

Thanks guys managed stave off getting struck out in a summary judgement.
excellent news, interested to know more details

I tried to defend on the fact the application/agreement was illegible.. The judge seemed to find that totally unimportant?? I asked him to read it and he started on the large title.. I asked him to read the small print and T& C's.. he could not but still said it was legible??

Then I pointed out that despite Idem claiming I had paid 8 amounts of £50 to them I had not.. I have never paid Idem a penny. They may some how have diverted a direct debit between me and MBNA to their account.. But I was true in what I said.. I have never paid Idem a penny nor paid any money to that account, and asked for receipts.

The judge agreed I could defend along those lines found costs for me and I await a hearing.

could someone have a look at these T&c's

• 2 months later...

Ok In court this Friday. I can not afford legal help

I took the MBNA International Credit card out on the 6/4/98. It was from a mail shot Priority application form. At the point of signing there were no Full T&C's, there may have been some on the reverse but there is nothing on the front of the document to indicate this.. in fact it says "fill in, sign, fold over and send back in the envelope provided. " I find this wrong because at that point you would have no terms to refer to. The terms and conditions provided in the witness statement are illegible and there are whole bits missing, Important bits ie, Paragraph 8: Credit Limit, Minimum Payment, Interest and other Charges... Para 9, is Interest Calculation.

The core conditions do cross reference to the missing pragraphs and para' 15 of the full conditions refers to para 8.8 of the full conditions which is missing.

I know this because I have the original Conditions that came with my card. So far I have not disclosed these to the other side, I need to know whether to use them in evidence or not? The core conditions I tracked down using the reference number.

They claim in the witness statement to have sent the default notice on the 6 June 2011. and have provided a DN letter saying so.

But in the SAR Communication log it is clear DN is sent on the 09 May 2011. This is backed up on another log 'memos for account' which states default notice expires 26 May Notice of default expires available for calling.

The agreement in the Claimants POC is between me and MBNA Europe bank. The Agreement is actually between me and MBNA International.

Are the Particulars of claim faulty? I couldnt't put all the T&C attachments on here so they are in the post underneath.

So I am after some help in providing a good defence on the above points.. I will put the NOD Attachments in the next POST underneath

Brains working please.. LOL

Regards Jack

These are the rest of the conditions including the clear fully particularised terms .

I have attached the Default Notice docs on here.

basically the MBNA DN letter is dated 06 June 2011. The Comms log dated 09/05/2011 shows the NOD sent on that date. (Notice of Default) at date.

The next log show it expiring and available to call some 14 days later on the 25th May 2011.

My reading of this situation is the MBNA Default letter is made up. How does this all affect me?

I am ok at finding faults in their evidence but crap at putting it together as a defence.. LOL

docs are now all in post1 & 3

and they