ESA many problems..where do I go from now

slidey67
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4596 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all and thank you in advance for your replys..

Basically I have been on ESA for a little while, went fir the medical and failed .. I did appeal but lost so they stopped my claim..

Whilst this was going on I had problems with my back and went in for an operation on the 2 September just gone. They said I had to make a new claim which I done, then they said I had to produce proof of why I was claiming, which I done.. A medical certificate and my in patient paperwork..

Now they are saying that I have to have a medical with Atos before I can receive any money..at the moment and since my operation I have not had any money and I am now down to my last £2 in my wallet.. Am at my wits end with the DWP..

Please help me as I don't know where to go next..

Thanks.

Slidey

What a terrible situation. I would speak to Citizens Advice about this.

This is the benefits entitlement page on the directgov website:- http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Diol1/DoItOnline/DoItOnlineByCategory/DG_172666

You do need to keep speaking to the DWP to find out what you can live on for now. It might take several tries but they have to help you.

- dj

Benefits rules are complex, and although I do try to inform and support people, I may get it wrong because the rules apply to individual claimants and their particular circumstances.

DJs right on that score.

Have a read of this http://www.cpag.org.uk/cro/wrb/wrb213/ESA.htm

They are correct on the fact that you will not receive payments on the new claim until after a new assessment phase has been completed. Once a decision has been made payments will resume if you win or as soon as your appeal is accepted if you fail.

You need to contact the CAB, DIAL or any local welfare rights organisation for advice? For emergencies there may be local food banks or charities who can help. But you need to as a matter of urgency contact someone for help.