annoying CALLS from 01772551900 ? = loans.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

14 Comments

2006-12-21John 212.42.10.194

These people called twice and hung up as I answered after 1 ring

2006-12-22Mike 212.50.170.23

These people have called twice a day for a few weeks now. They hang up as soon as the call is answered

2006-12-28Andy 87.254.69.239

Called me again today. Used google and found this place. They've been calling almost every day now for a little while, but they hang up when my machine answers.

2006-12-28Andy 87.254.69.239

What a result. The number belongs to [edit]

Tried to get ne to take out a loan, when they hung up, i found out it was the same number.

2007-01-03mumu 195.137.62.87

Called me twive a day for the past two days. I never answer if I don't recognise the number. Like the dude above I found this through Google. I'm not supposed to get any sales calls so I'll be using the info garnered here to report a violation.

2007-01-09smithy 81.102.217.115

Its not a loan company at all,its some type of [problem]/ripoff.They phoned my 65 year old dad and said they were from MBNA bank,started asking for private account info .Lucky my dad got suspicious an wouldnt answer at which point they hung up.I tried to ring them but its constantly an engaged tone so i rang the real MBNA helpline and they varified its nothing to do with them.DO NOT GIVE ANY INFO TO ANYONE RINGING FROM THIS NUMBER,ITS A [problem].

2007-01-19Mel 86.135.231.186

i have several calls too from this number and they hang up all the time when the ansa machine gets it, they are always engaged, this is prob an automated dial out number seems dodgy.

2007-02-14matt 81.154.81.202

keep asking for my ife and then hang up!! f*&kers!!

2007-02-14Harps 70.167.127.32

These people call me almost every day at least once. Each time they hang up.

2007-02-23M 86.133.201.91

These are a dodgy outfit. Spoke to the 'customer services' today after finding this site. They played silly games and kept me on hold for 7+ minutes. Whenever they asked to speak to me they said it was in reference to an application that I had made to them, totally untrue (and I suspect Illegal). Can't bad mouth this company enough.

2007-02-23M2 86.133.201.91

Having spoken to loans.co.uk they did verify that 01772 551900 was indeed one of their numbers. I spoke to the manager of the call centre Sonia Giordano 01772 268591 and passed on my grievances regarding the techniques of the sales staff. In particular, when they state that their call was concerning an 'application' that I had made (false). To give the woman credit she did state that they wanted to check my details to ensure that any fraud had not taken place (i.e. that someone had made an application in my name). I asked her if she minded if I passed on her number to any relevant sources (which I consider this site to be, as people are 'Googling' nuisance phone calls now). I suggest that if anyone receives any of these calls that they call Sonia directly as she holds a senior position and can deal with any issues or concerns you may have. As yet I haven’t disclosed any details to these people directly or asked to be removed from the database. I will be recording any future calls that I receive in order to compile a dossier.

2007-02-23Robin Hood 86.133.201.91

If these people keep annoying you - call this number 01923 655 540 and speak to Karen McDade directly. She holds quite an authoriritive position. Try calling her twice daily, perhaps leaving no message or indeed just putting down the receiver. They seem to think that this it is alright practice for their sales staff to adopt!

2007-03-01Fabs 81.1.81.246

These people have been calling me for the last week. i ones answered but they hung up.

2007-03-14andrew 82.20.14.0

hang up when i answer

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

I ahd exactly teh same thing - phoneed them, spoke to a manager and screamed "harrassment and breach of DPA". Got a few more calls, spoke to a different manager - calls stopped.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

I ahd exactly teh same thing - phoneed them, spoke to a manager and screamed "harrassment and breach of DPA". Got a few more calls, spoke to a different manager - calls stopped.

BL**DY HELL THAT WAS A QUICK RESPONSE

IF YOU GET ANY OTHER CALLS FROM DIFFERENT NUMBERS

POST THEM ON HERE & WILL CHECK THEM OUT TO FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE !

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

BL**DY HELL THAT WAS A QUICK RESPONSE

IF YOU GET ANY OTHER CALLS FROM DIFFERENT NUMBERS

POST THEM ON HERE & WILL CHECK THEM OUT TO FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE !

01302784183 Robinson Way I think If someone cares to check

• 2 months later...

Ok here are a couple I can't get through to...

01514 790059 - three calls

01226 300009 - one call

01226 300028 - one call

Never any voicemails and when trying to go back numbers are dead...

Any clues as to how I can find them please?

Ok here are a couple I can't get through to...

01514 790059 - three calls

01226 300009 - one call

01226 300028 - one call

Never any voicemails and when trying to go back numbers are dead...

Any clues as to how I can find them please?

01226 300009 are from Barnsley

0151 numbers are Liverpool

Obviously like myself you have witheld callers barred so its likely one of them on an ex directory number. The two Barnsley ones are likely to be Robberson and Way as I have had dealings with them on similar number

I found out the area codes. I really want to know who they are as Robinson & Way said they'd stopped calling me and account was sorted....no idea who I'd know in Liverpool!

I would be 99% certain that the Barnsley ones are Robberson Way try dialling 01226 300000 that may get you through. \if you sre using 141 to block your number then some of these nice DCAs will not accept the call. Simple answer ring from a call box

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I keep getting calls from 01226 300028 i've heard its from a debt collecting company but I don't have any debt that I am aware of, I don't like answering the phone to people I don't know, is there any reason they would be ringing me?

Hi I keep getting calls from 01226 300028 i've heard its from a debt collecting company but I don't have any debt that I am aware of, I don't like answering the phone to people I don't know, is there any reason they would be ringing me?
99% certain its Robberson Way. You may not have any debt that you are aware of but this is not a problem that concerns them

So I do need to speak to them then? Sorry for being ignorant i've never had anything like this before.
Under no circumstances should you ever speak on the telephone to this shower. If they have anything to say to you let them put it in writing

• 2 months later...

This is a strange coincidence finding this thread. I too have been plagued by the dreaded 01772 number over the past couple of months - although have not spoken to anyone.

However, today received a headed letter from Loans.co.uk. It says "We have recently learned that information relating to you may have been among certain data sold to third party loan companies without loans.co.uk's permission. We have Reported this incident to the police.

This information may include your name, address, phone no as well as any previous loan amounts requested, loan purpose, date of birth and mortgage details.

We believe the info may be used by these third party companies to contact you. There is a possibility it may also be used to commit identity fraud, although we believe this is unlikely"

They apologised and have tried to soften the blow with 12months free CreditExpert from Experion for the next 12 months by going to the link Credit Expert from Experian.

The website looks legit but I can't help thinking the word '[problem]' as the letter says "you'll need your credit/debit details so we can check your identity." Hmmm..... Don't think I'll try that! Don't know what any of you think about this!??

Weirdly enough, I also got a letter today from MBNA offering a loan, in connection with, you guessed it, loans.co.uk!!!

Just a little research I've done with regards to Experian. One of their former names was CCN GROUP LIMITED WebCHeck - Select and Access Company Information who according to an Equifax report Equifax Full Report are/were (amongst other things) an Adjustment & Collection service. Seems as if Experian have their feet in both camps so to speak!

We have Reported this incident to the police.

Well if they had, they forgot to quote the crime number in case you wished to speak to the police. Do not speak or if you feel the urge to write, do not sign (print name). Personally I would just ignore them or call their bluff and send complaint to Information Commissioner for a breach of data protection.