annoying CALLS from 01772551900 ? = loans.co.uk

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5900 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. Found this thread after doing a google search on 01772551900. Getting persistant hang up calls from them, at least twice a day for over a week. Was already reistered with the Telephone Preference Service so have logged a complaint with them..... Get registered if you are not already, it's free and all above board.

TPS Registration

:-x

• 5 months later...

I received "another" call from this number. Knowing who it was from as I have caller display I have been ignoring it so far, however, it pushed me too far today and I answered it. The man on the other end of the phone asked to speak to my husband when asking who was calling they said MBNA!!!! I knew it was Loans.co.uk but never said anything and said what ever they are selling put it in writing. I then went onto this website and read all the replies and saw someone else had been told it was MBNA. I noted that there was a number you could actually get through to and rang them and spoke to a Mathew Rowe - hello Mathew if you are reading this. I advised him that 100's of people have been complaining on various web pages and that someone from their company should not be pretending to be from other companies. I have asked to be removed from their data base and if not I will be taking out a private prosecution against the company and recording all future calls for reference suggest anyone else does the same as it is blatent harrasment and giving of false information as to where they are from. TPS does not work I have this and still calls like this are coming through maybe they get round it by registering a number which does not appear as cold calling??

I received "another" call from this number. Knowing who it was from as I have caller display I have been ignoring it so far, however, it pushed me too far today and I answered it. The man on the other end of the phone asked to speak to my husband when asking who was calling they said MBNA!!!! I knew it was Loans.co.uk but never said anything and said what ever they are selling put it in writing. I then went onto this website and read all the replies and saw someone else had been told it was MBNA. I noted that there was a number you could actually get through to and rang them and spoke to a Mathew Rowe - hello Mathew if you are reading this. I advised him that 100's of people have been complaining on various web pages and that someone from their company should not be pretending to be from other companies. I have asked to be removed from their data base and if not I will be taking out a private prosecution against the company and recording all future calls for reference suggest anyone else does the same as it is blatent harrasment and giving of false information as to where they are from. TPS does not work I have this and still calls like this are coming through maybe they get round it by registering a number which does not appear as cold calling??

It is probably because MBNA now owns loans.co.uk. See this link

MBNA Europe Acquires Loans.co.uk

If you have ever signed up to a loan or credit card previously then you may inadvertingly given telephoe permission for anyone in their group of companies. Unfortunately this means that the TPS registration will not clear these calls as technically they are with your permission. You need to write directly to their Data Processing Office withdrawing your permission.