Knipe Woodhouse-Smith

richyboy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5193 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anybody know anything about this firm ? Should I be worried ? Do they actually carry out the threats ?

I had three letters in 7 days (feels like harrassment) about the same alleged debt, two from Credit Security and one from KWS re an alleged Lloyds Debt. I have already CCA'd Lloyds and they have acknowledged receipt of request and follow up letter of complaint but have not called off their dogs!!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Send the idiots this;

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and Data Protection Act 1998

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and s10 Data Protection Act request, I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully

Phone Number: 01753 887 877 Fax Number: 01753 885 485 Email Address: [email protected] Solicitors, registered European lawyers and registered foreign lawyers at this office: CHONG, PETER KAY TONG - Partner COOPER, PETRA - Partner JOHNSON, IAN CLIVE - Assistant KNIPE, BRIAN PETER - Partner MEDORA, CYRUS - Assistant.Looks like another Firm of solicitors jumping on the lucrative debt collection bandwagon..........cerberusalert's advice is spot on. I'd also contact trading standards and tell them the creditor has passed it for further action whilst a dispute is current, and unanswered

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Despite the risible name, this firm actually exists.

Sending a CCA request, and/or making a complaint doesn't automatically place a debt in dispute, so technically there's nothing to stop these clowns pursuing you.

What was your complaint about? When did Lloyds sign for the CCA?

I sent the CCA request early November which they acknowledged I then sent the follow up as they had gone passed the 12 plus 2 and the 30 days, this letter I sent headed "official complaint" and I informed them that the account was in dispute as they had not complied with my request. They acknowledged receipt of letter middle of Jan, a couple of weeks later I received the 3 letters mentioned earlier from their agents. Am I right in thinking that the account is now in dispute ?

Thanks for the advice everyone. Great site. :wink:

• 1 month later...

Hi send them a copy of this lertter amended as required.

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Your Reference:

Client reference:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to you, as it is in dispute with ***DCA*** and has been since ***Date***

Not only is this a breach of OFT collection guidelines, but also in breach of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

As ***DCA*** is now in default of my Consumer Credit Act request, Office of Fair Trading Collection Guidelines and I consider this account to be in SERIOUS DISPUTE.

As you are aware while my Consumer Credit Act request remains in default, enforcement action is NOT permitted; under s127 this constitutes a complete defence at law. Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to ***DCA*** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as ***DCA*** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If ***DCA***chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

Yours faithfully,

dpick

• 11 months later...