HELP PLEASE! Got court date not sure what to do with oft case etc going on???

brassed off wiv banks
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all can somebody help me please? I have been claiming back from barclays since February now and am supposed to be in court next friday 21st sept 07 at 2.15pm. The letter states that the claim be listed for a directions hearing and should last 15 mins. What do i need to do now? Do i still have to turn up with all the claims being put on hold due to the oft test case etc? What do i need to take to court with me on that day do i need my bank statements do i need my soc list or court bundles or anything like that? Sorry to be so stupid but i claim to have looked through the posts and am still unsure of what i need to be doing sorry please help x:???:

Hi, still follow the directions from the court until you hear otherwise although I have to say that in all likely hood your claim will be stayed unless you can show that is will cause financial hardship.

Do a site search for directions hearing and see what it comes up with, but at the very least you will need another copy of your spreadsheet and copy statements (cos the barrister will turn up and probably say that they havnt received them, so take proof of posting) one for the DJ and the barrister.

Take a skeleton argument including case law that you will be relying on, also take the objection to a stay document, which is in the stickies above

hope this helps

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Lula v Abbey (2) - Settled

Lula v Abbey (3) - Stayed

I have got my statements that include all the charges ready i have 3 seperate ones i will also be updating my spreadsheet the day before i am due to go to court and will take 3 copies of that too. I have located the sticky regarding the application for removal of stay and i have printed off 3 n244 forms which i will fill in following the post 2 as told to in he sticky. I just now need to sort a skeleton arguement that includes case law that i will be relying on anybody got any links or advice where is best to go on here for me to find this information please thank you in advance ;)

Hi, DO NOT add any more charges on other than that you have already claimed for, unless the N244 are for modifying your claim

as for the skeleton argument, do a site search for them as I cant remember where they are :-)

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

ok, the interest will go up on a daily basis, the actual claim amount doesnt, it could severely prejudice your case if you add on more charges, but of course, its up to you

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

Im sorry you have lost me there am i being stupid? I understand the interest goes up by the day and i wouldn't be altering the amount i originally was claiming as them charges have been applied to the bank account so do not alter so when i do my soc it prints on there the date the type of charge the amount of the charge which will all be the same as the original that i put in but the spreadsheet calculates your up to date interest so the interest will have altered from last time so what do i do here?

hi, when you complete the new poc all the figures stay the same, but in the bit about interest "and accruing at X pence daily, totalling at todays date (XX/XX/XXXX). "

Lula

Lula v Abbey - Settled

The form i have is the n244 application notice on this it doesn't say anything about the particulars of claim all i need to fill in (i think???) is the box at the top left saying i want box c (without a hearing) level of judge which i enter district or deputy judge then in part 6 parties to be served i put defendant. In the top right hand side i fill in the date claim no etc then i just put that i the claimant and my name intend to apply for an order that removes the order of stay imposed on the above referenced claim because the claimant objects to the stay on the grounds set out in part c of this application notice then in part b of the form i tick both boxes then in part c i attatch witness statement and any other supporting evidence so i don't think there is any mention of me having to write the amount i am claiming for although it will show as i said on the soc that the interest is going up daily. Does this sound like i am going in the right direction i really cannot mess up now have spent so much getting this far and really need the cash??:-|

If the stay hasnt actually been applied for prior to the court date Im sure that you can just take 3 copies of tha application to court with you .... without using the n233

Im sure its only when an actual stay has been granted by the court ..... which the court would inform you before hand ...... that you need to use the n244

Ok so the stay hasn't been granted yet well not that the court has told me anyway i have had a letter from barclays saying that all cases are being granted a stay till after the test case but nothing from the court so what form is it exactly that i need to take with me to court in case they do say there will be a stay on the case? If i don't reply tonight i'll not be on till 10 am tommorow works pc and im due to finish at 5 thanks x