Barclays Motion To Stay

PUMPKINPIPS
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6051 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

What to do now????

"NOTICE OF ALLOCATION TO THE SMALL CLAIMS TRACK

BEFORE THE CLAIM IS LISTED FOR HEARING, THE JUDGE HAS ORDERED THAT A PRELIMINARY HEARING SHOULD TAKE PLACE :-

TO CONSIDER WHETHER THE CLAIM IS SUITABLE FOR A STAY"

Is there something I can prepare before the hearing? :eek:

Hi PKP's,

Could you post a brief history of your claim to date so peeps can follow your case and give best advice.

You should certainly read this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/17065-application-removal-stay-updated.html#post1046820

Take 3 copies of the Stay objection letter with you to Court (1 copy for Court and one fro Barclays rep).

Slick

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Also,

If your case is still with MCOL and not yet transferred to your local Court, it may be automatically Stayed.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Additionally,

Have a look here re. MCOL and Stays - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bank/110545-urgent-all-mcol-claims.html

This is one of the sticky's at the head of the Barclays forum.

Slick

Slickwilly132

Thank you for your input. Basically my case was transfered from MCOL and passed on the the local courts. I was actually expecting, as I had been advised by the court, a court date and from what I have read here, I was definitely not expecting an additional hearing to consider a stay.

On a personal level, I feel somewhat irritated by this and this makes me even more determined to drag Barclays Bank into costing loss situation on this case no matter what the outcome (not hard in my case as the amount is not that big - but Barclays need a lesson in customer care).

Additionally, I feel that this is moving all to slowly. I started in June and still have not got to court.

Here's to the 2 October

PKP's,

"....far too slowly."

Damned right, others have been fighting these Bankers since way back.

Come back if you want any advice or have any for us.

Slick

hadyanth vs Lloyds TSB - Goodbye fingernails...

not sure if this applies but some interesting links on the last few pages

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Thanks for the read, Jansus

PKP's,

So you have a Prelim'y Hearing on 2nd October. All you can do is attend with the anti Stay letter.

Hadyanth's case above differed in that specific Directions had been given before the OFT Case was announced. Good reading but not necessarily comparable to your case.

Head up, and fingers crossed though.

Slick

• 3 weeks later...

PKP's,

Good luck to you but don't be surprised if the Stay is applied.

That seems to be the general trend, almost without exception.

Let us know how you get on.

Slick

Where to go now???

The stay was imposed, the district judge of Croydon County Court said that there was a general instruction, requiring them to do so. In addition the Judge said that no further action would be accepted, ie the N244.

The banks representative argued VERY well against all points in the anti stay bundle and won favour and agreement with the district judge. Clearly this is not the first time that this arguement has been heard.

This has made me really very angry - I want to fight this, but what is left to do?

Colin

Hi PKP's,

Sorry to hear this.

Don't be angry. In fact you were lucky in that many judges don't even look at the anti-Stay documents, let alone have proper discussions.

Your case is stayed and there's nowt you can do about it just now.

However, you are now earning the best rate of int't (8%) on the market!

Stick around and keep in touch with developments.

Slick

Slick

Thanks for that. I think you meant to say "best potential rate".

However, I am cooling down slowly, even though I am still angered at the fact that the banks have managed to effectively stop a small claims process - this should never be allowed to happen.

I was really surprised that the anti-stay points where easily and effectively dismissed. The Banks representative was clearly well prepared for this.

PKP's,

Yes of course "best potential rate".

Don't want to jinx anything!:o

Slick:)