Full & Final settlements

DigbyD
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Update.

I wrote to IJ regarding the above letter where they stated the account would be closed. They wrote back confirming the account was closed and they would inform all credit reference agencies etc etc so looks a result on that one.

Cabot sent the cheque back and said they would contact the original creditor. I cancelled my direct debit with them, they then got back in touch with me saying why had I stopped paying them. I told them that I was in the process of requesting a CCA (told them to check their records) and that the account was currently in dispute and I would be making no more payments until its resolved. Whilst chatting, the telephone operator said "Is this your letter?...uhm..something about the account being closed.." I asked for more details on the letter on the screen, he went to talk to his manager , came back then point black refused to discuss that letter - I have a feeling its from the original creditor saying the accounts been closed. He then asked me if Id like to settle for £x amount, I then said no, lets wait for the CCA request to be sorted , he said fine.

Very strange!

So thats where I am now, one debt apparently written off, four left to sort out!

• 3 months later...

Further update.

Response from Cabot (Original Lender = Hitachi Nova - Time Finance)

Your request for information under the Consumer Credit Act

Unfortunately Cabot has not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period. We have worked hard to obtain this information for you. However, the original lender has not yet been able to locate the relevant information from their archives.

You are of course entitled to request the information direct from the original lender.

Your account

Cabot shall continue to hold any action on your account until further notice.

What happens next?

Although Cabot is dependant on the original lender for the information, the relevant time period has now expired. However, Cabot shall continue to request the information from the original lender to assist you with your request. We hope to receive the relevant information shortly.

So what should I do now? Nothing? Or is there a standard letter that I can send them that states they have exceeded the time period and request they write the debt off?

Thanks !

just leave it.

They no the law.

Chrissi

OFT debt collection guidance

Please remember the only stupid question is the one you dont ask so dont worry about asking the stupid questions.

Essex girl in pc world looking 4 curtains 4 her pc,the assistant says u dont need curtains 4 a computer!!Essex girl says,''HELLOOO!! i,ve got WINDOWS!!'.