Is PCN valid

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6057 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Every One

PE2 And PE3 sent Yesterday to Northampton Now have to wait and hope. In the meantime will do some more research.

Still a little confused as to the (as ammended) at the end of road traffic Act 1991 and where I can find information on this

Help would be very appreciated.

Many Thanks bmwman

Hi green and mean

The front contains most of the the statutory information

ie

PCN No

Notice date

VRM

Make

Parking attendent No

Signature

Details Of contravention

and

Details of what to pay and When by

Two important part are on the back

Look at PCN posted

Hi green and mean

The front contains most of the the statutory information

ie

PCN No

Notice date

VRM

Make

Parking attendent No

Signature

Details Of contravention

and

Details of what to pay and When by

Two important part are on the back

Look at PCN posted

I was just being awkward and pointing out that unless labelled as front/back how could you say which items were on the back and which were on the front.

Hi green and mean

There is a vilid reason I ask this question

The road traffic act 1991 states the following:

(e) that, if the penalty charge is not paid before the end of the 28 day period, a notice to owner may be served by the London authority on the person appearing to them to be the owner of the vehicle;

(f) the address to which payment of the penalty charge must be sent.

this is missing from the front of the PCN ar can it be on the back

bmwman

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell me if the back of a PCN is actually part of the PCN

Many Thanks

Hi, I have an appeal pending with a London Authority part of which is based on exactly this point.

The adjudicators have ruled that the tear-off slip is not part of the PCN> I can find no authority on the reverse although the judicial review in the Barnet case does give me hope in part.

The formatting of "my" PCN does, I think, give me a good case.

Will let you know.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Many thanks for your assistance and understanding on this.

Hi bernie the bolt

Just been read through barnet court paper on the net. Ther is a very interesting defence here regurding the "you are required to pay £ witn in 28 days and so on" It states that in one case that the calculation date starts the day after the date of issue thus allowing 29 days and 15 days accrodingly this dejects form section 66 3c,d,e thus rendering the PCN as void. But this has to be contested.

Have you read the Als Caf'e V Wandsworth case if PM me and will send copy

bmwman

Guest xipetotec46

1. No As Amended wording

2. No date given to pay (i.e. From date of issue)

3. Instructions to pay. the wording is on the tear off slip (not part of PCN)

Probably more wrong stuff on the back also.

4. You have a valid blue badge

5. You have a Stat Dec

6. You cannot lose

Hi All

Thank you for your replies.

Stiill waiting to here from the TEC hoping they will allow Stat Decs.

Going to fight it on the grounds that that have allowed an extra day for payment in contravention of the road traffic act 1991 (see Als caf'e and resturant - V - Wandsworth Council) also that the part about notice to owner does not appear on the PCN or who to pay. They how ever do appear on the back there for is the back part of the PCN

Will keep you posted

Hi All

Just to keep you up to date. Phone TEC as had not heard anything:-

Sat Decs Posted Recorded Delivery Friday 07/09/2007 Received TEC 10/09/2007 Phone today 14/09/2007

Told had not received them so not processed gave them tracking number

told sorry appear to have gone astray can you fax copies.

Faxed copies to them now processed and return to Brighton

Brighton have until 11/10/2007 to reply.

Will keep you Posted

Hi All

Thank you for your replies.

Stiill waiting to here from the TEC hoping they will allow Stat Decs.

Going to fight it on the grounds that that have allowed an extra day for payment in contravention of the road traffic act 1991 (see Als caf'e and resturant - V - Wandsworth Council) also that the part about notice to owner does not appear on the PCN or who to pay. They how ever do appear on the back there for is the back part of the PCN

Will keep you posted

This post may be of some assistance to you.

Nothing in this post constitutes "advice" which I may not, in any event, be qualified to provide.

The only interpretation permitted on this post (or any others I may have made) is that this is what I would personally consider doing in the circumstances discussed. Each and every reader of this post or any other I may have made must take responsibility for forming their own view and making their own decision.

I receive an unwieldy number of private messages. I am happy to respond to messages posted on open forum but am unable to respond to private messages, seeking advice, when the substance of that message should properly be on the open forum.

Hi Bernie the bolt

Thank you for the link this will come in very handy I will have to make a few small ammendments to suit my case.

On Stat Dec Put NTO not received I take it that Brighton will either send new NTO or challange. I beleave NTOs are sent in standard post therefore thay have to prove service.

Your comment very much appreciated

bmwman

I'll not answer the time issue (ie the length of time it has taken to get the NTO to you after the alleged contravention) because I have not researched that sufficiently.

But, I would contest the NTO because it does not give to the option to state that "you were never the owner of the vehicle". It has also changed the ground that "the vehicle had been permitted to remain at rest in the parking place by a person who was in control of the vehicle without the consent of the owner" to "the vehicle had been taken without my consent" which is not the same thing.

On a separate post on this thread I linked to the argument.

My view is that you have a legitimate argument that both the PCN and the NTO are invalid and potentially that the NTO has been served out of time.

You have absoloutely nothing to lose by following both stages of the appeal process. The penalty cannot increase and all it costs is time and a stamp.

Hi Bernie the Bolt

Thankyou for your reply I missed this one.

Should I fill In NtO along the following lines

Tick Other Representations

PCN is invalid does not meet Staturory Guide lines as layed down in the Road Traffic Act 1991 as Amended

NtO Does not meet Statutory Guide line as layed down in the Road Traffic Act 1991 Schedule 6 as amended

Your help would be gratefully received

Tick that the penalty exceeded the relevant amount. The reason being that if either or both of the pcn and the nto are invalid the applicable penalty is £0.

Ignore "other representations" that is not a statutory basis for appeal.

Hi All

Should I also supply info as to why these are invalid or keep it until notice of rejection then hit them with parking adjudicator with all guns blazing

Many Thanks

Different schools of thought:

I personally think you should be reasonably specific. I think that you need to give the authority directions and clues as to where you are coming from.

Others would say just say it does not comply.

Rather depends, perhaps, on whether you care on whether you win at LA appeal stage or independent adjudicator.

BMWMAN, you've completely lost me here.

You have a letter dated 31/08/2007 telling you that the matter has been passed to Bailiffs and a Notice to Owner referring to the same PCN (BH30070655) date 2 days ago (17/9/2007.

Are you saying that they have issued a Charge Certificate and instructed bailiffs before issuing the NtO? Or have they re-issued the NtO following a stat. dec.

I also object to his attitude that sites like this (and Pepipoo) don't know what they are talking about