• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Re: adhd/autism

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5903 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if im honest i was never dismissed with Jack, he was born with left ventricle fluid (which cleared within days) so the chance of these things occuring was always a possibility, it was a time scale issue with his diagnosis, they wouldnt treat at 18month when the initial diagnosis was apparent to all

Brooke on the other hand doesnt "appear" to have OCD ADHD ADD dyspraxia dyslexia etc, according to school as acamedically she is really bright, her behaviour and emotional detatchment is of some concern, but is this a global developemental delay due to prematurity???????? goodness knows, all i can say is he has that emotion, which im really grateful of

honey x

• Haha 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for you kind words and advice,as you have, and are still going through it, you know what you are talking about and it's just nice to speak to others who have been there.

:)

you must feel releived to at last know how to proceed, well done:):)

the hardest thing next is to identify in what way AS affects your child/young person as each is unique, however, its just a matter of watching, dont assume everything in the textbook will or will not happen. good luck.

oh and another you wont often hear about, dont let the latest special interest be AS itself! this will mask what is really going on, what can and cannot be achieved, best wishes.

Have to agree with you,as have been doing a lot of reading over the weekend,accounts from people with AS also their carers and siblings they are all so different.

SO glad you got there. A lot of people don't want their child "labelled", I found it invaluable for me, my child and to get him the help he needed. :-)

Have you thought on how you want to proceed from there? Don't forget to apply for DLA and Carer's Allowance if you haven't yet. Find out if there is an AS support group in your area, NAS might be able to help.

Any questions, any guidance, or if you want some pointers on reading matters, just holler. :-)

Having another meeting next week with them,as they didn't want to overload with info as it was a lot to take in,and to have a look at what he may need help with.They were saying that he has a very high IQ and that some of his teachers have noticed he is underachieving in certain subjects at school,probably due to the communication problem.So will have to look at that a bit closer and see what can be done.

what a relief for you all :) its an emotional roller coaster it truely is, you dont want to hear that "label" no one does, i cried for days after Jack got his diagnosis at almost 7 yrs old (oddly something id fought for too) It answers alot of questions it explains alot of "the unknown" for everyone involved .

Im at the minute trying to get a diagnosis for his twin sister, who is fortunately or unfortunately at the other end of the scale from the little fella. Shes very clever, very clever indeed but emotionally detached and boy what a fight im having with this one :(

hope all goes well for you and yours from here on in

tracy x

Know how you feel Honey although he does give lots of cuddles,there doesn't seem to be emotion there,never know how he is feeling and that hurts.A few months before all this started we noticed a lot of small cuts on his arm,when I approached him he said it was an accident. But it was no accident, there was I would say about 10 cuts going one way and another ten going the other, now this does worry me,although

he has never done it again.

aw bless him, its not right he will know this too, Brooke pulls her eyelashes out when i correct ehr behaviour, its awful as its seen as self harming, but its not its frustration i honestly believe, the not belonging. in a society that dictates you MUST must be awful at times

honey x

I was diagnosed with Asperger's (as well as traits of Dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD) last year at the age of 25, I wish doctors had known of this when I was at school because I really struggled from secondary school onwards. I hope you can get all the help for your children that they deserve, they are lucky to have such understanding parents! I'm currently trying to help my brother get assistance at school (who has the same symptoms as me, but slightly worse).

I don't know if it would help but I went to see a private company called Dore who provide a form of tutoring (i guess is the best term for it) for children and adults with dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD. Personally, after completing 18 months of daily excersices (they revolve around hand-eye coordination and balancing) I found my balance, spelling, memory and sleeping patterns all drastically improved. I think the benefits for each person may differ somewhat but it may be something to consider (although it is not free).

If you ever need advice from someone who has lived through AS I would be very happy to help. :)

• Haha 1

Thank you very much:) ,been to see the speech therapist today,he has decided he doesn't need their help,she agreed with him just wanted it to be his decision,they had a long chat about things,and if we feel in the future he requires the help we can just refer him ourselves.

He has spoken to his friends about Aspergers and told them about his diagnosis they are so nice,it makes no difference to them.:)

He does think it will help with school, there is going to be a meeting at some point with the school.

I really appreciated your offer.:)

Hi daftada,

its true that certain exercises help with hand/eye co-ordination, my boy has dyspraxia and autism, his fine motor skils are pretty bad, cant fasten buttons, zips etc, hes 10 now yet still cant ride a bike, even a quad, not very good with steering, we do this exersise at home with him every day and thats, with is eyes closed he walkes up 4 stairs without holding onto the rail, then back down, again with closed eyes, its helped him a lot with his balance, lots of ball catching games and hopping and cross over games also help, anyway thanks for the info, I,l look into that..Gc

hello daftada, welcome to CAG - yes, my boy was hopeless at sports, shoelaces, left and right, riding a bike etc but now is an adult, a martial arts competitor, and mountian bikes regularly, it can all change, I am glad you have discovered this, nothing is set in stone, change is possible especially as you grow up:)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819

Thank you very much for the kind welcome! :)

May I also point you in the direction of two web sites I frequently visit, http://www.wrong planet.com & Dyspraxic Adults :: Index. These are both forums for people with either AS or Dyspraxia that I have found to be very helpful. They offer advice and are full of testimonials from people with both conditions who 'triumphed over adversity' so-to-speak and are actually doing very well for themselves. I've found them quite insprational personally.

thanks, I will have a look:) IMO being around positive speaking and doing folks is really important and much as the help and advice is appreciated, local authorities and agencies can be abit 'focused on the dis- ability' instead of ability! :):)

'rise like lions after slumber, in unvanquishable number, shake your chains to the earth like dew, which in sleep had fall'n on you, ye are many, they are few.' Percy Byshse Shelly 1819