Delly v`s MBNA

dellydaisy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

just to tell everyone im at my first stage of me v mbna,

DPA sent 07/06/2006

Just got the standard letter back saying thanks for the contact about your complaint we will respomd in 28 days.... blah blah in the meantime phone gareth tuncliffe......

I,ll keep you all posted when i heart any more!!!

Good luck everyone!!!

Delly

Halifax cc Won settled in full after moneyclaim.

MBNA WON SETTLED IN FULL....

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Halifax current Won!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!!!! :)

Keep me updated on your progress!!!!

I feel very determined about this!!!!

Delly x

IKEA Data Protection Act sent 12/7/06 prelim sent 11/08/2006 gone to moneyclaim Ikea said they,d pay up but have yet to see the money

Hi Delly,

Good luck to you in your claim, although I'm sure you won't need it!

My claim against MBNA took four months to be settled, but in my recent dealings with them, I detect they recognise the inevitability of the legality of your claim.

You must make sure they realise, however, that you won't be fobbed off.

Like all banks, they rely on you accepting their authority, without question.

If you do query the legality of their actions, they are unable to do anything but re-iterate their tired ( and unlawful!) old terms and conditions.

Use the arguments scattered throughout this site to refute everything they throw at you, but above all, be tenacious and DON'T GIVE UP!

Best wishes,

• Confused 1

Phil

Thanks for that

Im sure i,ll be using here for moral support as i do find banks intimidating!!!

Just out of interest how long does MBNA take to respond to the dpa???

And are the statements set out clearly??

Cheers everyone!!!

Just out of interest how long does MBNA take to respond to the Data Protection Act???

And are the statements set out clearly??

Cheers everyone!!!

Hi Delly!

In my case, it took MBNA 36 days before they sent my statements to the wrong address, but my original Data Protection Act was back in February, when this sort of request was quite new to them.

Since then they seem to have got themselves a bit better organised, so I would give them about a fortnight before a gentle reminder.

Can't put my hand on my MBNA statements at the moment (they're buried amongst all the stuff from the other banks I'm annoying), but they must have been fairly straightforward for me to understand them!

cheers

Phil

Your a star cheers

Cheers phillip!

They might just send you a list of charges, either way you'll still have the details at hand to begin your claim for the repayment of them.

Any problems please ask, there's plenty of help available on here!

** I AM NOT A LAWYER, PLEASE CONSULT A QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL IF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT **

I have successfully claimed against: "MBNA, Capital One, Bank of Scotland & Clydesdale Bank"

The Consumer Action Group is a Self-Help website, Moderators & Site Helpers offer advice on a voluntary basis. Please spend time reading the FAQ's, and other cases relating to your bank before starting your own claim

Thanks for the help!!

Still not heard anything yet, but I guess there busy as the word about this terrific site spreads!!!!

Keep going! They offered me my full claim today.

Thats great!!!! Well done!!!

Hi all

sory to bother anyone i know this questions probibily been asked at least 5 times already,

Ive yet to hear from mbna they,ve responded to DPA letter with the standard you will hear from us in 28 days etc...

there 28 days is looming i sent my DPA off on the 06/06/06 and not heard a thing....

Do i just sit tight and wait till 40 days is up or phone and ask??

Many thanks delly x

They took 28 days to send my statements out. I think they are a little overrun at MBNA!

I wrote a polite reminder letting them know they had 12 days left to respond and it crossed in post as I got statements the day after I posted my letter.

They responded with 14 days to the prelim and my LBA went off today. It looks like they take their responses close to the wire.

Good luck in your claim.

• Confused 1

strictly speaking you should just sit tight although a lot of people give them a gentle nudge around day 33 ish so it's your shout really. Some people have tried to give them a gentle nudge and been met with full refunds from that very phone call but then you don't know for sure if what they are telling you is correct.

Ive still got a few weeks left so i,ll sit tight!!!

Then i,ll be polite!!!! ;)

Well as polite as they have ever been...

Thank you!!!!!

Decided to phone mbna yesterday as the 28 day deadline had expired for my statements to be sent what they had set, first i was fobbed off saying things like this take time, so i kindly pointed out that they had exceeded there own deadline.... the bloke became extremely apologetic and has promised to get back to me with an extime of when i should recieve my DPA statements

I wont hold my breath just yet!

well the nudge i gave thursady must have worked

got my list of charghes today and ive added em up to be £1100

looks like i,ll be a mbna regular now!!!:D

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for asking another silly question

But i,ll ask away....

My deadline to my lba is looming am i best just going straight to money claim or give our mate gareth at mbna a ring??? My total owed is £1400

Can anyone suggest anything??

Somebody else has posted that perhaps we are rushing things too quickly with MBNA. I think he said that at the end of the 14 days following the LBA he'd phoned Gareth, who had promised to ring him back before 5 pm. This he did and a full offer was made. (Or something like that anyway).

Really, it depends on how worthwhile is the 8% interest? If it's a goodly lump, carry on with MCOL and get this bonus. If the 8% isn't particularly worth having, give Gareth a ring and try to get your money paid quicker than going down the legal route.

The deadline is monday for my lba, i know some people did get there interest too through gareth so i might give him a call at the start of the week.

Hi Delly

Im not phoning them anymore im doing it all by post, my LBAs due to be posted on the 16th August still no reply to my prelim, they also owe me £100 and i was told they would have to hold the cheque for 'security reasons', typical of these clowns.

Good luck in whatever you choose to do!

Regards

adamski

Somebody else has posted that perhaps we are rushing things too quickly with MBNA. I think he said that at the end of the 14 days following the LBA he'd phoned Gareth, who had promised to ring him back before 5 pm. This he did and a full offer was made. (Or something like that anyway).

Really, it depends on how worthwhile is the 8% interest? If it's a goodly lump, carry on with MCOL and get this bonus. If the 8% isn't particularly worth having, give Gareth a ring and try to get your money paid quicker than going down the legal route.

Hi Delly,

Been very busy of late, but haven't forgotten the Forum, or your claim.

I agree entirely with the above observation.

It may be worth speaking to Gareth, but make sure that he is left in no doubt that you will pursue MBNA through the courts, unless they satisfy your claim in full. Be polite (I don't think he's a bad lad) but let him see you are convinced that right is on your side, and that you will not hesitate to use the power of the court to confirm it.

If he does offer to repay all your charges, ask him about the interest MBNA charged, on the charges.

Tell him that if they do not repay that interest, then you will sue them, and that you are confident that the judge will grant you, at least, the statutory 8%.

Plus, it will cost them your £120 court fee.

Good luck, and give Gareth my regards (perhaps not!!!)

Phil

Hi Delly,

Been very busy of late, but haven't forgotten the Forum, or your claim.

I agree entirely with the above observation.

It may be worth speaking to Gareth, but make sure that he is left in no doubt that you will pursue MBNA through the courts, unless they satisfy your claim in full. Be polite (I don't think he's a bad lad) but let him see you are convinced that right is on your side, and that you will not hesitate to use the power of the court to confirm it.

If he does offer to repay all your charges, ask him about the interest MBNA charged, on the charges.

Tell him that if they do not repay that interest, then you will sue them, and that you are confident that the judge will grant you, at least, the statutory 8%.

Plus, it will cost them your £120 court fee.

Good luck, and give Gareth my regards (perhaps not!!!)

Ditto !

Well phoned them gareth wasnt able to talk to me (bet the guys in need of a hol)

Spoke to a rachel claridge after spending 5 minutes trying to find out if i had waited MBNA`s standard 28 days, rachel also told me because i hadnt recieved a reply to my LBA that theres a chance they hadnt recieved it, I made it clear that all my mail had been sent by recorded delivery and followed up by an email too, so the chances are slim.

I also told rachel that if i hadnt heard from gareth by tomorrow (by telephone) with good news (full amount owed) I would just carry on with my moneyclaim online.

So who knows what will happen!!!!!

Im so near yet so far....

Oh good point about about the interest i,ll make sure its mentioned too

Thanks for that!!!