Request For Information - Advice needed

kog
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6111 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent off a Request for Info from my bank over 40 days ago now, anyway, they sent me this email this morning

Dear Mr :o ,

Thank you for your e-mail requesting all telephone call recordings between you and Halifax Share Dealing to be sent out to you.

Is there any particular telephone conversations/issues you would like

investigating?

The reason being is that whilst we can certainly investigate particular issues and review and send out individual telephone calls, to retrieve and send all the telephone calls for you may require substantial administration work and as a result there may be a charge involved.

Please advise as to how you wish to proceed and if you would like us to

investigate a particular issue or event, if you could also advise the

approximate date.

Kind regards

Are they right in saying "to retrieve and send all the telephone calls for you may require substantial administration work and as a result there may be a charge involved."

Or is this more banking baloney?

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Are they right in saying "to retrieve and send all the telephone calls for you may require substantial administration work and as a result there may be a charge involved."

Yes they are correct. However the maximum charge is £10 which should have been sent with your SAR.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Bit confused.

Were you sending off for your statements - i.e. SAR' and did you send them the £10 ??

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Wonderfull news - yes I sent them a cheque for £10, seems they are digging for information as to what my complaint might be about.

Scheming they are, never mind, two can play at that game. What they don't want to do is go through all the recording looking for anything that might be incriminating. But it looks as if they will have to now, because they'll get no help from me.:D

Lovely

Thanks for the advice.

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Were you sending off for your statements - i.e. S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)' and did you send them the £10 ??

Peter I sent of an S.A.R , with my £10, 40 day and 1 week ago, so they are over the time allowed.

On one of the recordings the woman I was speeking to, tells me "You need proof to take the complaint further". The proof is also in the recordings.

kog - Don't hold you breath that you will get your stuff within 40 days :)

If you think this post has been of help, please click on my SCALES on the left - thanks :-) :-x

Peter Anderson

Me Vs Morgan Stanley - WON £490

Me V's LTSB - Private & Bus Acc - £18.8k (since Oct1997)

inc: S.69 Interest (and growing daily) -;)

Please remember to DONATE when you have WON

Peter, I'm hoping they drag their feet as much as possible because I'm going to build one hell of a case for complaint against them. I will have emails, recordings and statements. The FOS are dealing with the issue of retreiving my money, I only want to complain about their shody systems and customer care service. "care" being the punchline

sorry to hijack, but i have just read this thread and had to jump in as it is the first i have ever heard of getting a copy of telephone calls. i have an ongoing complaint with my bank and they will not accept any of my arguments, saying that they have not said or done anything wrong. i have been so frustrated that i have no facility for recording phone calls to prove it. so a S.A.R covers phone conversations, too. is this right? is this the case with DCA's, too, because there are a lot of people out there going through hell as a result of so many unscrupulous dca's. it would make it a lot easier to report them.

Lolly from what I'm aware you can request phone recordings, since it is information they hold about you, you can request video also.