Notice that Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed

jmc5571
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning to all the good people of CAG,

I'm helping friends fight Abbey and we have so far got to the above stage. This is new scary territory for us, so any advice on what to do at this stage would be invaluable.

We submitted a Notice of Issue in the Poole County Court on 03 August, we have received the Notice that Acknowledgement of Service Has Been Filed on 10 August. We also received a scrappy photocopy with a Solicitor's squiggle! on it.

So Abbey are going to defend the claim. They now have 28 days from then to file a defence.

Abbey are refusing to make any gesture of goodwill, do we send a couple of nudge letters to show the court we are trying not to waste their time, and do we need to start preparing anything for court at this stage. Are we right to continue on at this stage?

I'm thinking we should send a nudge letter stating we would accept the full amount owed (£3300 approx) plus £120 court fee so far, plus my friend had to take a day off to file the papers (so an amount for this). Is this realistic?

Your advice on any of this would be very much appreciated.

Just to add to the above, we have not yet submitted an AQ, is this correct or should we have done this at this stage. In totally unchartered territory. However, seemingly not alone. Want to make sure we are up to speed and have done everything we should have.

1 - Send First Letter

2 - Send LBA

3 - Filed N1 with sheets showing full account of charges and interest (used the moneysaving interest calculator - is this ok?)

Let me know if we've missed anything at this stage. Thanks in advance.

This seems fine you should note that Abbey only have a maximum of 28 days from the note of issue to enter a defence and not 28 days from their acknowledment.

You can use this link to help you fill out the AQ:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

Can I ask if your claim is over £5000?

Cheers

Leecabs:)

Hi Leecabs, Thanks for your reply. The claim is £3379 plus £1021.15 interest, plus £120 court fee so far, plus I think my friend should claim a days pay as he had to take a day of to file court papers (your thoughts?). So £4520.15 plus a bit. Is there a threshold where it's treated differently, presumably £5000.

Is it me or are Abbey REALLY difficult. I had to chase Halifax and they paid up after an LBA. Tesco Credit Card even paid the interest!!!! - It wasn't a huge amount, but it all counts. Halifax Credit Card were also reasonable - they paid up on a Repayment Cover charge that they had levied that I hadn't noticed!!!

Useful note: They couldn't find the documents allegedly showing where I had signed for this (what a surprise as I hadn't, not to my knowledge) so had to make a 'goodwill gesture'. Totalled over £500! Don't know if this might be useful information to anyone else.