What do i do now?

scorpion03
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I sent my preliminary letter on the 16th of July 2007. Recd standard letter on the 19th from Mark Loker saying they are looking into it. Sent LBA on the 3rd of August and havent heard anything from them yet.

I also made a complaint through thier website on the 1st of Aug to which they replied on the 3rd of August saying...

"We will contact you in writing within the next 14 days in response to your complaint. Please be advised that you can find full information regarding the OFT case on http://www.HSBC.com. Alternatively if you would like to contact us on 08457 404404, we will be more than happy to discuss your query."

14 days are up this Friday since i sent the LBA and since i recd the e-mail. What should my next step be?

Is it worth filing a case now?

Are they making any offers or will i just have to wait until the test case results?

Will sending them nudges instead of filing a case help?

14 days are up this Friday since i sent the LBA and since i recd the e-mail. What should my next step be?

Is it worth filing a case now?

See here:

OFT Test Case: Advice on What to do

OFT Test claim: What this means for you

OFT v The Banks: Read This if You're Worried

OFT v Banks - **Don't panic!!!**

Are they making any offers

It's highly unlikely

Will sending them nudges instead of filing a case help?

Won't make a jot of difference, they will just ignore them

Thanks for those links michael!

Just recd a letter from hsbc this morning saying that they are not dealing with any complaints re bank charges until the outcome of the OFT case.

I dont really want to go ahead with filing a case as dont want more money stuck.

Does anyone think phone calls to them wud help? If im willing to settle for less?

Hi

I'm in the same situation and received my letter from HSBC yesterday. I've already gone through the process before on behalf on my son and won, so dont let this hicup put you off! I will be filing my case to one of the courts still hearing cases at the moment(although i know thats not a guaranteed). The only question I have is do I need to notify my bank that I'm taking this course of action as i've not sent the 2nd standard letter giving them another 14 days to pay or i'll take it to court?

I just complained on HSBC's website asking if they were ready to make a settlement. And they replied back to me saying,

Thank you for your recent e-message.

Unfortunately we are unable to respond fully to the point(s) you have raised in your email because this is an unsecure messaging service. However if you would like to contact us on 08457 404404, we will be more than happy to discuss your query.

Yours sincerely,

Bernadette Murphy

Service Management Team

HSBC Bank plc