**NEW to claiming - HELP Req'd!**

ryanthelion84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon All,

I have been meaning to claim some fees back for a while, starting with MBNA but have not had the time. I've now finally got round to it and have gathered a bunch of forms and letter templates from an article on the BBc news website. However, I had found the article was dated around 2006 and having been mildly aware of some Banks/Credit companies becoming stronger at repelling people like us in the last few months I thought I better check on an active forum if there were any up-to-date or indeed better forms and letters I could use to attack MBNA.

I am pleased however to see that it looks like people are still getting money back well into 2007, particularly from MBNA.

The stage I am at, is that I have dug out what I think is all my MBNA Mastercard statements for as long as I have had the card, I need to sort through them, put them in order, and then want to go about the process of going through them.

What I am unclear on is what I can get back? Can it be missed payment charges and over limit charges? or just one of them, and seems as its a credit card, how does interest affect the final figure i sdhould be entitled to?!

Anyone with any help and guidance on this would be much appreciated!

IN ANTICIPATION

:idea: :idea: Ryan H :idea: :idea:

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Hi Ryan - welcome to the madhouse :D

You can claim back all charges - over the limit, unpaid direct debit/cheque, breathed too quickly - claim it all! I worked out the interest month by month and charged whatever they were charging at the time they applied the fees.

Let us know how you get on ;)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Anyone know how best to calculate that interest on a month to month basis. I'm suprised some computer buff user of this forum hasnt created some sort of whizzy tool we can all use!!!

Also then....are the forms on the BBC website still suitable for what I want to do here?

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." -

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Where abouts on this website full of ads do i find such a thing!?!

Cheers guys!!!:)

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm going through my MBNA statements from May2005 to present day at the minute. All O/D and Late charges are £25 up until July 2006 when they change to £12. Does that mean I cant get any of those after July 2006 back!? :???:

Also will they only give me £13 for each of my £25 charges prior to July 2006?

HELP!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

I'm going through my MBNA statements from May2005 to present day at the minute. All O/D and Late charges are £25 up until July 2006 when they change to £12. Does that mean I cant get any of those after July 2006 back!? :???:

Also will they only give me £13 for each of my £25 charges prior to July 2006?

HELP!!

No, the £12 was the amount that the OFT stated they would take action against CCC if they charged over this figure. You can reclaim these £12 fees as they are not a genuinepre estimate of any loss. This is a standard tactic by CCC offering you the difference. You are entitled to all the cash back.

livelylad!!! Canb you please point me in the direction of the letters i need (are the bbc news website ones still up-to-date/any good?!) and also someone tells me there is a credit card interest calc on here somewhere?! Thanks!!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

Befort I forget, I have noticed that a lot of people on here seem to be claiming stuff for accounts that have gone off to debt collectors and all sorts of other stuff! I still have my credit card with MBNA and it has gone back into the black....I just want the money back from them to help pay for my baby thats due next year!!

Whats the chances of MBNA going nasty with me over this? I dont want them closing my account and passing it to debt collectors or anything...that would hurt my credit rating!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

got £566 worth of charges over a 2 year period, thats without working out what they owe me from interest....the spreadsheets on this forum dont seem to do what i want them to.

I was expecting something that allowed you to list the charges, enter the APR or something and it give you a figure, but thats not the case! Anyone know how to do it manually?!

Thanks!!!!

Martin Luther King, Jr.

is this just a photocopy of your statements with the charges highlighted?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

No, it's a list of type of charge , amount and date.

The easiest way is to use the Simple S/S here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

See here for a visual guide:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/barclays-bcard-woolwich-successes/7226-maisielou-barclays.html#post50088

When entering your charges, don’t delete anything first. Just overwrite the existing examples: type of charge, amount and date.

The ‘Days Since’ and ‘8% Interest’ columns will be calculated automatically

Save it (for use later at court), then delete/hide the last 2 columns (8% bits) and print out as your schedule of charges for the preliminary and LBA letters

An alternative if you don't have Excel is this:

Spreadsheet: Online & Simple to Use

iCalculate

But my claim is for a credit card...i need something that will calculate the interest too? Any ideas?

Martin Luther King, Jr.

You should be aware that they may close your account,,,, these things can happen. With bank accounts we are advised to open a parachute account, just in case. Maybe the same principal would work for you with a credit card?

I think it is Barclaycard that are known for reducing credit limits when the letters start going back and forth reclaiming the charges.

It's not fair obviously, but it could happen......

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

Ryan. I am a bit concerned that you seem to have so many threads going on...... maybe PM a moderator to get them all merged, as you could miss some vital answers?

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?

i get an email....i look at thread...simple!!!

i did try to put the majority of my concerns in an initial thread, and only got the answer to one of my questions...then i had more to ask anyway....:rolleyes:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

if its not fair sue....lets take a leaf out of the americans book hey!! ;)

Martin Luther King, Jr.