Black Horse - Having cake and eating it?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6108 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi!

This is my first post, having been reading this site hungrily for the last two weeks! In fact I have just spent 3 days just reading one thread :)

I have a puzzler which on the face of it seems obvious but I don't really know where to start to sort it out, or in fact where I stand. I'd love some opinions from anyone as intruiged as I am.

I have a car which was financed by Black Horse on a CREDIT AGREEMENT not HP (although it was sold to us by the dealer as HP... it was a b****y awful interaction with the dealers, the atmosphere was horrible and we got signed and out as quickly as possible, lesson learnt there, we should have walked out and drawn breath). Black Horse have registered an interest in the car on the HPI register as if this was a HP agreement. From my nomadic wanderings about the forums I notice others have had similar situations but the threads seem to fizzle out.

I now have a situation that if I wanted to sell the car, I can't as it has this HPI tag on it. My forum reading suggests that if I ask either the HPI registrar (?) or Black Horse to remove this, neither will. Also, as a principle they are trying to behave as if a credit agreement is HP... with none of the benefits to me! Can I get the agreement 'made' into HP as that is how they seem to be treating it? I'd give them the car back tommorow to sort this out if that was the case.

Also, is there any implications from the credit being arranged through a dealership?

I don't know... I keep going around in circles with this one. I have had a number of rather unpleasant interactions with this company and feel the need to 'gird my loins' for this next one.

Thanks for reading my first post :D

Have I posted this in the right place? I wasn't sure of this was 'vehicle' related or 'credit' or 'debt'. I would really like to hear in particular if anyone has had any joy in getting the tag of the HP register and how on earth they did it!

Hi there

I would ask a moderator to redirect it to the vehicles forum. Lots of peeps on there who can possibly help.

Have you had a look at the various different types of agreement? If so, then concentrate on the pertinent parts and try and get at them that way. Also, dont phone them. Always write and send recorded delivery. Keep all your receipts etc. so you have proof of postage.

If something is a credit agreement, it is not an HP agreement and therefore I cannot see how they can tag it! However I am no expert so best to place it in the correct forum.

Good luck

Gemspan