British Gas, Monies Owed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6103 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all just to clarify a point, i have just recieved a britsh gas bill which is 200 pounds that i apparently owe , but due to my new supplier EDF, this is amount seems to be unpaid , now BG are willing to accept 170 gbp as full an final settlement , i was just checking if it does turn out that i owe it will there be anything that willl go on my credit file , they say nothing will ?, it is with BG collections , thankyou

Just a few questions:

When were you supplied by BG?

When did you switch to EDF?

Are the readings on the BG bill estimated or actual reads? If you're not sure, ring EDF, they'll be able to tell you.

Why do you say it's due to EDF that this is unpaid?

ok , transfered to edf 15/5/06 (although notified edf in dec 05 for both) gas was transefed 1/01/06 , electricity didnt come over till 15/5/06 yes 5 months, in between that time the gas meter was changed by BG so the 200gbp is the amount from the old meter + 1500 units for the new till edf took over, EDF were still sending estimated bill with old meter readings , even though i was self reading on line, we are now aug 08 and it seems that i do prob owe the money , so my main question was if i come to a settlement with BG will it affect my credit score? thank you