Slipshot v Barclays

slipshot
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6128 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all

Having posted on the other threads, it is now time to start my own.

Latest state of play - having rejected the initial offer I then started court proceedings prior to the OFT ruling. Using this site, I then sent copies (on 16 July) to Barclay's (Rosemary Teves Brown) of the charges that had been levied and also a copy to Stratford upon Avon County Court.

I then received a letter from Barclays (dated 7 August) advising that the original offer is now valid again for 2 months from the date of the letter. It appears to be the standard letter advising that Barclays have asked for the suspension of these cases, and if I were to apply to the County Court, Barclays would ask for a stay (but given this is already happening....).

The same day I received a letter, dated 6 August, from the court advising of a court date of the 6 November, telling me what to do.

Given this is so far away and with the OFT case, what are my options and what are the recommendations. The offer was about 60% of the original amount requested, although I have now of course spent additional money on the court application etc?

Your thoughts are welcome. My issue will be if Barclays apply for a stay and get one, will this ever end?

Thanks

Slipshot

Hi slipshot

Regards your indecision about whether you should now take the offer which has now been reactivated by Barclays, I always say bear in mind :

1) How much you need the money now -v- waiting some time and getting all your money back;

2) Take into account that option b) includes an accruing 8% and all your court fees back.

The 60% is in reality far less if you take into account the fact that a) youe fees and b) 8% Statutory Interest.

Of course, depending on personal circumstances, it makes sense for many people to cut and run with the existing offer, especially if things are financially a bit tight or you have family responsibilities. Only you can decide which option to take. I recommend you download one of the following Schedule of Charges spreadsheets, pop your figures in and see the true cost of what you are entitled to:

Excel

Works

OpenOffice

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41