• Tweets

• That is a superb WS. However, I have a few tweaks to suggest. In (2) "indicating" not "indication". I think to be consistent with your numbering, in (6) the Beavis case should be EXHIBIT 2. Do you really need to include over 100 pages of Beavis?  I think that would be likely to annoy the judge.  Just try and find the bit where they decide it was not a penalty due to having an interest in limiting the time that vehicles can stay. I'll have a look myself for this bit later as it's highly likely to be in WSs from PPCs who think that that paragraph means all their charges are valid always on every occasion. After your current (7) add this.  It's always useful to refer to a judgment when making a legal point - 8.  In the case PCM vs Bull, Claim No. B4GF26K6, where the Defendant was issued parking tickets for parking on private roads with signage stating “No parking at any time”, District Judge Glen in his final statement mentioned that: “the notice was prohibitive and didn’t communicate any offer of parking and that landowners may have claim in trespass, but that was not under consideration”.   In (14) if my maths are right the CPR request should be "EXHIBIT 3".  it is missing from your list of exhibits. In (16) the two figures should be £100 and £170.  They are entitled to increase fro,m £60 to £100, they are not entitled to increase to £170.  To make it clear for the judge I would write - 16. The Claimant has artificially inflated their claim for a £100 invoice to £170. This is simply a poor attempt to circumvent the legal costs cap at small claims. 17. The Claimant has also invented a second fictitious charge, for legal representative's costs, when they have no legal representative. You also need ot number your exhibits. The rest is excellent - well done.
    • Did you ever think of walking away? Become bankrupt and in 12 months it'll all be behind you. My feeling is that you may well get nothing from the sale of the property anyway. Going by the date this thread started it looks like eight years of arrears, lender's costs and receiver’s fees on top.
    • Just to clarify - I make use of evening legal clinics. It is not always possible to see a lawyer (they have limited time and days/week).  This means questions one has may never get answered or there's weeks between follow-ups.   To be really clear - I am representing myself; I am playing at being lawyer/ barrister - which means I take help wherever I can get it (and then research it thoroughly). Ae - a judge in a recent hearing pointed out the receiver is not part of my current proceedings - and suggested I have a separate claim v the receiver. Disclosure has presented damning evidence v the receiver  The receiver against whom I have a complaint is not part of the receiver governing body.   The receivership is in 2 names - a joint one.  My complaint is directed at whom I was told is the lead receiver.  The other named receiver IS a member of the governing body.  But he has now left the company.  And the lead receiver has retired - but is still a working consultant on my case.   All the evidence shows it was the 'lead' receiver who was doing all the  work/ the misbehaviour.   But if the appointment was 'joint' would I make a complaint against them both?    I am sure that wouldn't go down well with the other receiver who is at the beginning of his career. The law is very much against borrowers.   But the evidence against this receivership is crystal clear.   I just don't know how and to whom to complain.   The places I've tried so far don't offer much transparency       
    • Ok, noted, thanks again. I'll share details of every communication received just to make sure.
    • Yes. I sent back the PAP form stating they hadnt supplied the correct paperwork and that pdf is what they sent back
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Please help - list of common failures

dave
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4730 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

We all know that all companies cock up - some more than most.

I am trying to collate the most common cockups.

Please add to this sticky, preferably in a one line statement, the cockups that you have experienced over the years.

e.g.

DVLA ignored SORN declaration and I was fined.

Company XXX refused to refund me when good were faulty from outset.

etc....

All will become apparent soon....

Thank you.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• 1 month later...

Hi Dave,

well where do I begin?

For starters (and if I had more time on my hands I would have done something more about it) about 4 years ago I bought a Bosch dishwasher from John Lewis. Decent make and John Lewis give a 2 year guarntee, boy did I need it!

To cut a long story short the thing broke down 4 times and amoungst other things it needed a new pump. Then after 2 years 3 months the thing packed up again, this time both John Lewis and Bosch refused to do a thing about it. Bosch in particular I single out for particular obsternance and a 'We are Bosch and we don't give a damn award' for lack of customer care.

£430+ down the drain or it would have been if the thing worked.

My opinion, never buy Bosch, I even refused to buy some windscreen wiper blades on Sunday because they were made by these scumbags.

Also I can't take Which? magazine seriously after they rated a Bosch dishwasher as a best buy and didn't answer my letter questioning their decision.

Regards,

Paul.

• 2 months later...

Not one that has happened to me personally, but it does seem to be a regular one. A licence is sent back for an address change and it comes back missing a category. The most common licence categories that go AWOL are motorcycle, HGV or bus licence categories. If you don't check the licence and take it up with DVLA straight away they will tell you "tough" and the only way to get the category back is to re-take the test. The only way they will amend their cock up if you don't realise their mistake straight away is if you can prove that you have passed the test for the relevent category.

• 5 months later...
Hi all,

We all know that all companies cock up - some more than most.

I am trying to collate the most common cockups.

Please add to this sticky, preferably in a one line statement, the cockups that you have experienced over the years.

e.g.

DVLA ignored SORN declaration and I was fined.

Company XXX refused to refund me when good were faulty from outset.

etc....

All will become apparent soon....

Thank you.

hi, im new to this site and found it by trying to find out how people get treated by the DVLA. I recently receievd a letter last month fining me £40 for not declaring sorn or re-taxing my old car, one which i sold last July 2007 and sold all the relevant documentation off!!! i was obviously absolutely livid that after contacting the DVLA many times last year about the matter, i was now being issued with a fine!! I have disputed this, showing them copies of the documents i actually have i.e the sale document and the registration etc. all i got back on both occasions was a letter stuffed with regurgitated law and regulations. utterly disgusted, i decided to take the matter to the secretary of state for transport. i am currently waiting to hear back about this, (my fine goes up to £80 on 30th May 2008), but i strongly feel that there should be an independant body that deals with these complaints fairly and adequately. it is all well and good them telling us their laws and regulations but at the end of the day this has been a catastrophic failure on their part that i believe they should take liability for. instead it turns out they are punishing honest motorists to get a quick buck - yet again. i know of several people this has happened to (they also ignored this in my letter). I feel that as the secretary of state governs the DVLA overall, that i will not get back what i deserve and that the fine will still be levied unjustly against me. i would be so grateful to hear from any other people who has had this same disgusting treatment from the DVLA.

• 2 months later...
Not one that has happened to me personally, but it does seem to be a regular one. A licence is sent back for an address change and it comes back missing a category. The most common licence categories that go AWOL are motorcycle, HGV or bus licence categories. If you don't check the licence and take it up with DVLA straight away they will tell you "tough" and the only way to get the category back is to re-take the test. The only way they will amend their cock up if you don't realise their mistake straight away is if you can prove that you have passed the test for the relevent category.

I can believe that the computer makes mistakes but I know that the DVLA keeps microfiche records. They should be able to sort out any mistakes by looking at these.

hi, im new to this site and found it by trying to find out how people get treated by the DVLA. I recently receievd a letter last month fining me £40 for not declaring sorn or re-taxing my old car, one which i sold last July 2007 and sold all the relevant documentation off!!! i was obviously absolutely livid that after contacting the DVLA many times last year about the matter, i was now being issued with a fine!! I have disputed this, showing them copies of the documents i actually have i.e the sale document and the registration etc. all i got back on both occasions was a letter stuffed with regurgitated law and regulations. utterly disgusted, i decided to take the matter to the secretary of state for transport. i am currently waiting to hear back about this, (my fine goes up to £80 on 30th May 2008), but i strongly feel that there should be an independant body that deals with these complaints fairly and adequately. it is all well and good them telling us their laws and regulations but at the end of the day this has been a catastrophic failure on their part that i believe they should take liability for. instead it turns out they are punishing honest motorists to get a quick buck - yet again. i know of several people this has happened to (they also ignored this in my letter). I feel that as the secretary of state governs the DVLA overall, that i will not get back what i deserve and that the fine will still be levied unjustly against me. i would be so grateful to hear from any other people who has had this same disgusting treatment from the DVLA.

That is exactly the correct approach. Getting an inquiry from the minister really makes civil servants jump to it.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

DVLA - sold / transferred car and notified them, then received an LLP for failing to re-tax / SORN about 8 months later.

:!:Nothing I post should be taken as legal advice. It is offered as an opinion only.:!:

This warning is in my signature because I'm not organised enough to remember to type

it in every post.

And you're considering trusting me????:eek:

• 6 months later...

updated my address, licene came back without my bike category.. dvla admitted that i had passed my test but said I did not transfer my test pass onto my licence within the time alloted.. so bye bye licence and was told all i could do was retake my test! now every time i update my licence I make sure i have a photocopy of my licence before i send it off..

Hi, I sent my V5 logbook in when my old car was scrapped over 2 years ago!) but after writing a letter to DVLA, in response to a SORN fine, explaining the situation, I had no response and my case passed has simply been passed onto the Bailiffs "Philips Collection Services" who are demanding I pay the fine of £80 or face imprisonment or a £1000 fine!!!

What can I do? I do not have spare cash to fund the government in their pledge to rid us of terrorists!!!

Any help, much appreciated!

• 4 months later...

Seems like the same old story over and over again. I sold my motorbike to my brother in April 2008, I get a LLP letter from DVLA in Oct 2009 stating it wasnt SORN'd. Told them when and who I sold it to. And in Dec 2009 I get a Philips Collection Service letter with the usual on it. In no way am I paying the £80 penalty for their mistake. Bless em' ... theyve got to fund their christmas parties somehow (disclaimer:- In no way am I suggesting that the £80 penalties are being used to fund xmas parties within the DVLA, this is to avoid any legal action being taken against myself for any kind of slander, besides ... i doubt youd have chiristmas parties anyway, scrooge never did enjoy christmas & youd probably mess up the arrangements and charge you staff for the priviledge of the mistake).

• 3 months later...
Seems like the same old story over and over again. I sold my motorbike to my brother in April 2008, I get a LLP letter from DVLA in Oct 2009 stating it wasnt SORN'd. Told them when and who I sold it to. And in Dec 2009 I get a Philips Collection Service letter with the usual on it. In no way am I paying the £80 penalty for their mistake. Bless em' ... theyve got to fund their christmas parties somehow (disclaimer:- In no way am I suggesting that the £80 penalties are being used to fund xmas parties within the DVLA, this is to avoid any legal action being taken against myself for any kind of slander, besides ... i doubt youd have chiristmas parties anyway, scrooge never did enjoy christmas & youd probably mess up the arrangements and charge you staff for the priviledge of the mistake).

Sadly they do! :rolleyes:

DVLA Crimbo Do!!! Post ur Pics and Goss! | Facebook

• 3 months later...

I am in desperate need of advice please. I sold my car beginning of april to a friend for his wife,i gave them all the necessary paperwork and repeatedly asked them about registering the car as i now have new car.

Only to receive a sign for letter today that states the car is still in my name and has been seized by the police.how do i sort out this mess?the people i sold the car to cant give me an answer and i dont want to get into trouble.would i have to pay a fine to get out of this or where do i start?as it was a "friendly" sale, there is obviously no papertrail.

PLEase help!!!

• 10 months later...

Hi Dave,

New post here about the DVLA, (DUNCES, VERY, much LIVING, AMONGUS) 1ST, informed them of a vehicle that has been SORN to them, was sent an £80 letter, then sent a copy of the SORN notice to the TROLLS. no action.

2ND, bought new car road tax expires, asked the company i bought the vehicle off where's road tax, informed they had sent info off to SWANSEA, phoned SWANSEA spoke to nice welsh girl RACHAEL, what a waste of time, asked about road tax, was informed not to contact previous owner just in case it had been sent to them, because of data protection act, gave rachael vehicle address, next day my car was clamped for no road tax sent e-mail, to said person, still not heard anything, still waiting, no wonder they live in valleys. sorry no disrespect to genuine weslh people.