• Tweets

• You can be sure that pardoning himself, stopping the other prosecutions and vengeance will be his first priorities if he wins. i dont think he will win, but no surety on that
    • The other cases aren't going to happen before November though, are they? Reporters are saying he can't pardon himself for a state conviction. He would have to lean on the governor of New York state, as I understand it.
    • I am requesting your assistance to how I should go about a serious breach of my privacy that occurred during my stay at one of IHG’s hotel on Ma 2023. Having previously had items taken from my hotel room elsewhere I take the added precaution of using a security camera app on my device whenever I stay in a hotel room. The recordings are date and time stamped and it cannot be adjusted by the end user.   On this particular occasion I discovered evidence from my personal security camera recordings of a spy camera had been placed underneath my door, and can be seen moving along the base of the door for approximately 15 seconds.   The spy camera is in fact marketed as an inspection device of drains primarily but is known to be used in observing spaces difficult to enter. It is a usb endoscopic camera that has a length flexible cable that is semi rigid and can negotiate any obstruction by bending. The operator can be up to 3-4 metres away.   Infuriated as I had previously stayed with them in 2022 for 3 months at £260 per night that they would seek to question my honesty and invade my privacy. I immediately called reception and asked why they would do such a thing and if they had any concerns they were welcome to inspect my room and go through my personal belongings and ask me anything they wanted to. I was sleeping for the best part of my stay and was alone throughout.   I sent the recordings to the receptionist within the hour of finding them and I asked to speak to the manager of the hotel who I was told wasn’t present. I tried to have face to face meetings with him but he instead wrote to me denying the recordings were made at their hotel stating that they didn’t observe anyone in the corridor at the time of the recordings and that they don’t have a metal bar at the interface of the tile and carpet which corresponds to the overlying door. I rejected that statement on the grounds the video doesn’t show a bar but a reflection of light on the tile and you wouldn’t see a person outside my door because the cable is black and runs along the floor. If you don’t look for this you won’t see it. The matter was passed up to the area manager and he also denied the allegation. This is where the matter ends as far as IHG are concerned. Leading a busy work and family life I let the matter go but I found myself back at the same hotel a year later. I booked for  2 nights and was given a room facing the lobby door that led to the lifts. Unfortunately, from the hours of 3am I was woken up by the noise of the door opening and closing but also noticed shadows of a person standing in front of my door. At first I took no notice and put this down to a guest waiting for someone but the person or persons returned several times, standing outside my door for up to several minutes. I called the hotel reception and asked if there was an issue  on my floor and they said they would come up to check. They never said they would check the CCTV and as the incidents continued to happen up to 8am I called them 6 times. Given my past experience I didn’t think they took security as serious a# her establishments and made them observe the Cctv and let me know. The explanation I was given was that they could see residents there but they were heading down to breakfast. The time that I had noticed these feet by door was from 3am and breakfast started at 6.30am. It also didn’t explain why they would stand by my door for anything longer than 10seconds and if they were waiting for someone how likely is it that this scenario is played out 6 times when there was only 12 rooms per floor. Later that morning when I went down for breakfast the manager said he would move me to a room at the end of the corridor and asked me what my plans were for the day, essentially when would I be in the hotel. I stated that for the day I was out. He then said that all his staff were uncomfortable about me being a guest and said that I was not welcome there anymore. I had paid for the two nights but when it came to the end of the day I didn’t feel that I would be able to rest at the hotel given the hostility so I returned the next day to collect my remaining belongings, namely items of clothing, an iPhone charging cable and plug, and toiletries. Checkout was at 2pm and I was at the hotel at 3pm. All my belongings were gone and they couldn’t locate the items.  I plan to report the incident of the spy camera to the police, as well as the theft, and write to the hotel emphasising that this breach of privacy is unacceptable and the hotel's failure to properly investigate and address the issue is deeply concerning. The fact that I requested security checks to ensure my safety in the early hours was reasonable, yet their response to ban from the premises was excessive and even possibly discriminatory as I had revealed to them that I had been a victim of a hate crime given my sexuality. . I am seeking compensation for the infringement of my privacy, the lack of proper investigation, and the being humiliated and made to feel like an undesirable. I will request a full refund of my two-night stay totaling £390. Additionally, I will request compensation for the cost of my previous stay when the infringement occurred, which was £220. I am also considering damages for the infringement of my privacy but at a loss as to what this would equate to. I will close the letter giving them a 14 day timeframe to respond.    Is there anything you feel i need to consider here? Many thanks   
    • oF course, this is all just the start. trump is dragging it out as much as possible hoping to pardon himself, but the barrier the yanks had about admitting that a pres could be such a piece of err work has been broken and there is many more to come. His current criminal charges are extremely unlikely to result in jail time or anything other than fines  - but with some of the other charges - jail is pretty much mandatory - especially for one not only not on a first offense - but with others stacked up
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

No money as yet - but Lloyds are taking me to court for O/D!!!

Guss0973
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6140 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I received my notice of issue. My claim was issued on 8th May it was served on 16th May, Lloyds acknowledged and so I worked out they had until 23rd (Monday)

I've not heard anything - but just called the court, who hadn't sent me their defence and the questionaire.

I'm going to collect all this today - so now I need to print all the info etc. Could someone send me the thread listing everthing I need to supply?

I'm really stressed out now!!

Thanks

S. :confused:

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Are you wanting to fill in the AQ? If so these links should help:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/11644-allocation-questionnaires-guide-completion.html

There is no need to print anything out yet. Is it the standard 9 point defence?

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Hi,

I just got their defence through the post but no questionaire so I'm not sure whats going on??

The defence has 10 points, point 9 consitist of 3 parts, is this normal??

Sophia

Hi

Looks like the Court may not be sending an AQ, have a read of these links:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/80091-your-court-dispensing-allocation.html?highlight=dispensed+AQ

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/78873-new-after-28-days.html#post695176

Can you want to post up (briefly if it helps) the 10 points?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

Their defence reads:

1. the Defendant Lloyds ....... It is admitted that the Claimant has been a customer of the bank at all material times.

2. By opening an account with the bank, the costomer enters into a commercial arrangement with the bank for the provosion of banking services..................

3. By maintaining the account in credit, or within any limit agreed the customer may avoid most if not all charges. If the costomer fails to ensure that there are insufficient..........

4. There is no breach of contract; the charge cannot therefore be a penalty, consequently there is no requirement that the charge be a pre-estimate of the Bank's loss.

5. The customer is given advanced warning of charges being imposed; ....

6. The charges are fair and reasonable, and it is denied that they are unlawful.

7. The customer is notified of the charges in plain intelligible languageat the conclusion of the contract, and on each monthly statement.

8. Furthermore the Claiman's claim appears to be misconceived in that the Claimant is seeking a refund of overdraft interest. There is no claim for refund of the authorised rate interest as it is contractually due and is a core term......

9. In the premises:

9.1 the charges are for banking services, and are not damages nor a penalty;

9.2 the Bank is entitled by contract to impose the charges, which are fair and reasonable;

9.3 it is denied that the charges are unlawful or contravene any statute or regulation.

10. The Claimant's claim is denied in it's entirety. It is further denied that the Claimant is entitled to the sum claimed or to any sum from the Bank.

Hi

Looks like you have claimed (un-reclaimable) o/d interest. I wouldn't worry about it now, but what will probably happen is that when they settle, Lloyds will knock this part off your claim. If it does happen to get as far as going to Court, make sure you have with you an updated schedule of charges with the o/d interest knocked off it.

I just checked my schedule of charges it's your spreadsheet I used and only have listed O/draft excess fee, Unpaid D/D, Unpaid S/O in the left column and I just complete the Interest on interest column on the right - it is the one with the blue and yellow columns - is this not right??

I remember asking you guys about this when I did it and was sure I'd done it correctly??

Can I email it to you to confirm?

Hi

I have checked out one of your other threads and I advised you to leave out the o/d interest as it is too complicated to work out:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-686374.html

I would just leave it now, it will be all sorted out when they settle.

Hi

I received a General Form of Judgement or Order from the court today, it says that the defendanet has until 4pm on 16th July to serve a document answering the questions:

Is the case intended to be contested to and at trial?

Does the Defendant intend to apply to adduce expert evidence?

Is this a court date??

Should I begin to put my "bundle" together as it mentions no more than 7 or less than 3 working days I should file my Bundle??

Should I expect to hear from Lloyds at this point?

Thanks

Sophia

Hi Guss

I'm not too sure but i think this means it will be a Preliminary hearing (though i could be wrong:confused: ). If so then this should provide some helpful information:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/guidance-notes/64911-got-court-date-guide.html

This will bump your post up and hopefully someone in the know will answer your questions :)

Hi

I received a General Form of Judgement or Order from the court today, it says that the defendanet has until 4pm on 16th July to serve a document answering the questions:

Is this a court date??

Should I begin to put my "bundle" together as it mentions no more than 7 or less than 3 working days I should file my Bundle??

Should I expect to hear from Lloyds at this point?

Thanks

Sophia

Thats one fed up judge by the looks of it!:D

He's telling Lloyds to reply to him confirming whether or not they are actually serious about defending the claim.

IF that is all the order says and there is no other order then you don't actually need to do anything at this stage. Just wait to either get settled or to receive further instructions from the court.

Which court is it please?

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

The only possible answer Lloyds can give is 'We're not sure'. Either a yes or no and they're stuffed.

I think you will recieve a settlement offer fairly soon.

So should I start to put my bundle together or not?

IF that is all the order says and there is no other order then you don't actually need to do anything at this stage. Just wait to either get settled or to receive further instructions from the court.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Im in the same boat Guss if you want to mull over my thread (Ukcrow v Lloyds TSB)..

Off to catch some shut eye but will be good to see how this all pans out.!

TaRa. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Heard nothing as yet??

I'll call the court again. But I don't understand what happens now as the deadline the court gave was yesterday so should I put my bundle together?

Not yet, I'd save on the colossal amounts of paper and ink!

I believe that we have pretty much won by their defence being struck out. Although this hasn't officially happened just yet, i am sending the following letter to court this morning;

To Whom it may concern,

I refer to the matter above and the order made by His Honour Judge Reid dated 02nd July 2007 – copy enclosed.

I advise the court that the Defendant has not complied with the said order, in that it has not served a document, as specifically directed in direction 3.

Accordingly, as the said order states “If the Defendant fails to lodge at court a document in accordance with paragraph 3’ the defence shall stand struck out and judgment be entered for the claimant for the amount claimed and costs comprising the issue fee and any allocation fee paid.” comprised of £833.76 i.e. £772 (initial claim) and £61.76 (interest under s.69 County Courts Act 1984).

In view of the Defendant's abuse of process I will be seeking payment of costs and will forward details to the court shortly.

Yours Sincerely

I believe even if SC&M file their document late, as they may well do! - the court in our case will not be as lenient as they might have been in recieving, say, a late defence. The reason the directions were given were that our court is tired to say the least of Lloyds and their solicitors abuse of the judicial process.

- Feel free to copy the letter above which will request the judgement and hopefully speed the process up for you.

Good luck :smile:

Sorry to gatecrash this thread but I think you're at the same point I am.!!!

We're chasing the Abbey and they were due to let the court know yesterday and when my partner telephoned this morning and was told tha t nothing had been received as yet, and that he should wait for the judgement.

Shall i still send the judge a copy of your letter above.?

In view of the Defendant's abuse of process I will be seeking payment of costs and will forward details to the court shortly - what costs are you referring to here.? Is it the original court fee.?

Hi Dizzy, hope alls well,

There is no harm in sending the letter i put together, hopefully it will speed things up a little.

'In view of the Defendant's abuse of process I will be seeking payment of costs and will forward details to the court shortly'.

I have included this paragraph as i intend to apply for costs, these costs will be made up of time spend seeking legal advice, producing letters, time spent preparing documents, stationary etc. You will find more information on this if you search a round wee bit.

The award of costs to the claimant is backed up by the following, which i will state in further correspondance once the judgement has been made by the judge. I am claiming costs due to the ignorant and inept way in which i have been treated by Lloyds and their solicitors, i have no qualms in applying for costs.

As a side note Judge Reid has been known to award costs of around £100

Further to this I believe that the Defendant has behaved unreasonably in their approach to defending this claim, not least because I believe the Defendant had no intention of ever defending this claim at a hearing. I respectfully request that the Court consider awarding costs as it deems appropriate, as outlined in the Civil Procedure Rules 27.14(2)(g):

(2) The court may not order a party to pay a sum to another party in respect of that other party's costs, fees and expenses, including those relating to an appeal, except – (g) such further costs as the court may assess by the summary procedure and order to be paid by a party who has behaved unreasonably.

Hope this helps, feel free to copy and paste.

Ukcrow v Lloyds TSB

Great - thanks Guy's!

I'll copy your letter and take it in by hand today.

I called the court and they confirmed thay have received nothing and told me to complete the Issue of notice requesting an order to pay immediately.

Please let me know if you hear anything and I'll do the same.

Thanks again!

Hey there, just managed to catch the bus from our nurses accommodation to town center in the nick of time!

I had my issue of notice with me so i filed that under their advice.

So there it is, i guess. We've won. Im kind of under-awed by it all really, all this palava, dragged out time wasting and ineptness by Lloyds and their solicitors. Guess i'll just kick my feet up an have a few beers.

Well the judge still needs to issue the order in our favour, I can't get excited until that happens as Lloyds have been so crap to me that I can't quite believe it will go my way until it does!

Fingers crossed though.

Sophia.

Hi,

Does anyone know the address to send the Preliminary letter to Lloyds Business Banking?

Is there anything different that happens with reclaiming charges from business accounts?

Thanks

Sophia