UUN vs Moorcroft for Argos

unique user name
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6088 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I sent moorcroft a cca request for an argos account,

I have been paying them each month, at the beginning of the agreement it was the agreed £5 via the ccca, (no longer with the ccca) then it went to £10 then to £20.

Today I received a copy of a CCA with my signature on it.

Well it is an Application form anyway, which it states in the top left corner

Your Application for the Argos Card

Also at the top it states

Credit Agreement Regulated by the Consumer Credit Act 1974

It is the sheet that has a signature on and also my bank details for the direct debit.

Puzzled though this would have been filled out in a store and the top part where my address details are etc, are actually typed up, and the rest is hand written.

I believe this may have been cut and pasted to look like it is all on one sheet, as there are a couple of lines etc that do not follow on, for example

there is a line straight though the whole sheet of paper, and there is a gap where it doesn't actaully join up

In the letter from Moorcroft it states

Please find enclosed a copy of the relevant agreement under the Consumer Credit Act in relation to the above account.

I can confirm that I have placed your account on hold until 13th August 2007 adn request that you make immediate contact with our call centre on the above telephone number to discuss a repayment proposal you can afford and maintain

When I get chance I will try to scan it a post it up (when I have learnt how)

Any advise on what to do now

Bad News, it's a really dodgey scan wink.gif

Good news it isn't enforceable as it is simply an application form.

No APR

No Credit Limit

No T&C as mentioned

NOT signed by them

therefore unexcuted, not to mention anything about the obvious C&P's

Basically complete carp

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too

Bad News, it's a really dodgey scan wink.gif

CB - you're such a trickster :D

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

Hi,

In the same boat as you I recieved same letter yesterday from Moorcroft with Application Form, well over the time limit. Did you CCA Argos as well? I did, they sent Application Form as well plus seperate terms and conditions, Found out that Argos still own the Debt as they told me that in there letter. So I am not paying Moorcroft anything as they dont own it.

Just another one of thier nice letters they send out.

Listen to Curlyben he writes some really nice letters

Darn, looks like I'll have to change them then.

They're not meant to be "nice" ;)

Remember under s175 of the CCA, requests to agents are meant to be passed to the OC for action, so there's no need to CCA Argos as well as one request covers them both.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CB

Moorcrofts time is up now, they sent me the carpy App form, but nothing else. I have been paying Moorcroft, now for two accounts, this one and one they closed. Is it still too early to ask for a statement of accounts for each one. I didn't want to ask for the closed one, as didn't want to remind them that their time was running out on the Argos one.

Will it be OK for me to phone them, or is there a standard letter to send.

WHat happens then when I get a statement of account, how do I claim my money back.

What if like the others it gets sent to another dca, should I then send them a sars, what i want is as I have been paying them, i don;t think it has been coming off the balance, so should moorcroft refund me, if I have been paying and it has come off the balance, then thats fine, but if it has been payed into their bank account and nothing else I want it back

Unfortunately it's gone for good.#You could try and sue them for deception or obtaining money under false pretences, but in all honesty is it really worth the protracted time and effort.