Unsure of what to do now....

elziebabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I managed to get all my copy statements from HSBC and sent off my Request for repayment of charged letter on the 6th of June, but as yet have had no response of any kind.

I am now unsure of how to proceed with this.

Elziebabe :):wink:

did you send the letter recorded delivery?, if not you cant be 100% sure it was received, however it may have been received and still no response would be forthcoming, dont worry, stick to your timetable and follow the step by step guide in the faq's (link in my sig)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

If you paid the £10 fee by cheque - has it been cashed?

I'm sure several people have said you can get 6-years of HSBC statements using the online banking (and free). Have you tried that as well/instead of?

I MUST READ THE POST BEFORE REPLYING.

SORRY!

2nd attempt: Send the LBA after the 14-days expires.

A&L: Settled - £6,200

HFC: Settled - £800

Shell Visa: Settled - £250

Egg: Settled - £700

Mint: Settled - £1200

RBS: Settled - £850

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

So you sent the prelim letter on the 6th June?

If no response after 14 days move on to the next step.

There is a step-by-step guide in the FAQs.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

If you paid the £10 fee by cheque - has it been cashed?

I'm sure several people have said you can get 6-years of HSBC statements using the online banking (and free). Have you tried that as well/instead of?

Erm...

Hello All,

I managed to get all my copy statements from HSBC and sent off my Request for repayment of charged letter on the 6th of June, but as yet have had no response of any kind.

I am now unsure of how to proceed with this.

Elziebabe :-):wink:

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Would you advice resending the letter by recorded delivery then? or just get on with the next step??

No, just send the LBA by recorded so you can prove it was recieved.

Barracad:

I *KNOW*

I replied to the wrong thread.

Must stop speed-reading and keeping 600 tabs open in Firefox...:)

The opionions in this post are guaranteed to conform to the laws of physics, but pretty much nothing else...

There is no need to send any letters by Recorded Delivery, or to prove they have ben delivered.

As long as you have posted the letters First Class the Court will assume they have been delivered.

Oh My God!!

I was only worrying about it all last night and then this morning received a letter in the post offering me a full settlement of £1520 when I was only after £1408!!

Woo Hoo!!

Thanks to all involved in this site and to everyone else for the advice!!

Loving it!!

Ps HSBC offered me this settlement but said that they were in no way offering liability, it was just because of the fact that they would win if it went to court and would incur a lot of additional expense- Im so chuffed anyway!!

Elzie x :) :) :) :) :) :)

WOW thats fantastic, congratulations, a lot of people have won this week

dont forget the survey , and a donation pretty please

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Huzzah!

"it was just because of the fact that they would win if it went to court and would incur a lot of additional expense"

Yeah, that makes sense - better to pay £1,000,000 in compensation rather than defend one case at a cost of £20k which would stop other from trying.... What is that funny smell?