Halifax Credit Card Services and Small Claims Courts in England 'WON'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

UPDATE

I spoke to MCOL and they said that my claim had been stayed.

But I just had my credit card statement today and they've credited me with £530 for overpaid fees (even though I reckoned they only owed me £460)! I am, as you can imagine, pretty happy with this. Do you think I can get my money back from the court now its not going through court?

Hiya

I don't know quite what has gone on tbh. I spoke to the court the other day and they said it had been stayed. Then I got my credit card statement today with the £530 credit on it. Nothing in advance to say that I would be getting it, nothing from the court, no warning. I am a little confuddled.

:rolleyes:

If you have paid the court fees, then you are entitled to have those returned and any interest since you filed.

If your claim was for £460, could the extra payment be the court fees?

You could contact mcol to see if this is how the payment was made up.

If not then you can send a letter, thanking for part payment but also to inform them you are continuing with your claim until all the money is returned.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Yeah the original claim was for £460 - that was about £420 plus 8% interest. Then I paid £50 court fees to make the claim. So that makes it £510 and Halifax credited my account with £530.

What I am confused about is that I only spoke to the court on Monday or Tuesday (29th or 30th Oct) and they said that a stay had been put on it - I told her I hadn't had the paperwork to confirm that - so she was going to reissue the paperwork for me then, and my credit card statement is also dated 29th Oct also with the £530 credit on it.

:confused:

Well you have won. It can take a few days for mcol to catch up.

Congratulations.gif

You will need to inform the courts that the case is now closed. :D

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Here is a letter you can use to inform mcol. Just alter it to your needs. :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/show-post/post-487345.html

F&Q's... Read here