Court Action v Offer Made

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received an offer from Barclays that I thought was too low and therefore went down the route of taking court action.

Obviously in light of the events since Friday my case is likely to be shelved, until the test case hearing, currently it has been referred to my local court but with no date.

My question is can I return to the original offer made by Barclays and attempt to now accept it or I have my missed this opportunity because I have pursued the court route ?

I would appreciate any thoughts and comments.

I need to make a judgement as to whether what i thought at first was a low offer might now be my only choice, if indeed I still have a choice.

Yes I sent letter refusing the offer and then went down the court route.

Whilst they will almost certainly apply for a stayed appliation on the CCJ surely they must thisnk it is better to pay out a lower amount just to close off another case or m I being too naive.

Anyone have any thoughts on an approach by phone or am i compromising my court case

Same as me. You can try ringing, it won't compromise your case in fact it looks good as you are attempting to settle. However, according to those who have rung since news of the test case, Barclays are stating that they are not settling any claims at the moment and are likely to apply for a stay. It is however up to the individual courts whether the stay is granted. So I would (am) carrying on as usual-submitting requested paperwork to local court as directed.

Moggie is spot on with that very good post..

I suggest what ever the outcome, you contact the Litigation Team ask for the original settlement to be honoured...if they do...great

if they dont......oh well, use it in your court bundle as your attempt to keep it out of court.

hmmm thats what moggie has just said......

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.