NEED HELP please.. not sure correct forum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6558 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I bought a 9mth old fiat multipla car and traded in my old mutipla in Jan of this year.

Since then it ha been back to the garage loads of times and baiscaly it is doing bad milage evn so on along run. I am getting 22.7 miles to the gallon. I am putting in £70 a week as opposed to £35 /£40 before. I am not happy at all and usure what to do. The garage will take it back but will only part exchange it for another car and that would mean I would loose £3,000, surley it is there fault it is doing this low milege as before itwas a show car in the show room.

I want to know where I stand and what to do next. The car in question is a 12 mth old fiat multipla and I bought it from a good fiat dealship garage.

I am dyslexic so apologise for the bad grammer.

Hi its ok you're in the right place, what was the mileage on the car before you bought it do you know? was it being used as a demonstrator? are you the first registered owner? has it got a lot bigger engine than your last car?, dont worry someone will help you out, bear with us?:)

Did both cars the same size engine and fuel

Petrol v Diesel

Fuel Consumption Urban (mpg)25.4 34.4

Fuel Consumption Extraurban (mpg)39.2 50.4

Fuel Consumption Combined (mpg)32.8 43.5

Obvoisly if you changed from Diesel to Petrol you would notice it in the pocket

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06

Hi there, I am a woman on my own so bear with me please. Both car engines are petrol and both the same size engine exactly. I rang fiat up at head office and they sid I should get about 32 to the gallon around town and 38 on long journey so my ar is doing at least 1/3 less of what doing. The car had been used as demonstarter and the fiat dealership are the registered owners before me and it had done about 9,000 miles for i got it and was 9/10 mths old.

Again any help very much appreciated

Hi, if i were you i would take it back to the garage and ask them to look at it again to try and find out wht you should be using so much fuel, on a newish car you should be doing what head office has told you. Also write to head office explaining that the dealership have been very unhelpful and you want some answers! do you have a number for the after sales dept? if so ring them and say you are not happy with the dealership. do you have finance on this vehicle? if so you could ring them and see if they are sympathetic to your cause, they may even put you onto the complaints dept! hope this helps? Diane

Hi yes I have finance on the car and they traded the old multipla in also. The car has now been back twuce and basically have told me it is not barnd new!!! I paid £11,00- for the car please note back in Jan of this year. I will ring them up againa nd see how I stand and will also ring customer services up. They will exchange the car for a differnt vehicle but do you think I should have to loose £3,000 in 5 mths. I could understand if it was new but when it had been used for 9mths before it should do what stated. I get a comined of about 27 miles to the gallon and arround town 22 mpg

thanks for the advice. I will update you as to what is happening in the morning. Also the air con is not working and the seal that was suppposed to be of fixed is off again around the windoww and dangles when driving lol!!!

Thanks

Best of luck mate, i think you have been ripped off big time! do keep us posted. stand your ground girl, they think women will back off when they start spouting statistics but you know what you want so go out and get it! be strong! :)

I would call Fiat directly

Fiat Information & Customer Services:

Freepost (NAT13690)

Twickenham

TW1 1BR

Customer Support Helpline:

Telephone: 0800 717 000

[email protected]

Tell them about the service you've recieved from the dealer you could also ask if the could sent an engineer to check out the mpg and the repairs carried out by your dealer

You could also suggest you will be writng to some of the car mags

Auto Express What Car etc

Lloyds TSB - N1 claim issued 18/07/06 - £3440 Offered unconditional settlement 23/08/06

Vodafone-Information Commisioner assessment -default removal -25/07/06