FSA To Review Waiver

crfx250
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5969 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I want you here too Money :cool:

• 04/04/07 - £104 exit fee refund - Portman BS
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!
  • A&L Current a/c - You're next..

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

• Replies 479
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

COMPLAIN TO YOUR MP ABOUT THE UNFAIR AND BIASED WAY THE FSA HAS HANDLED THE THE OFT CASE WHEN IT WAS SUPPOSEDLY ESTABLISHED TO SUPPORT CONSUMERS, NOT ISOLATE THEM

Just 5 Easy Steps!

1. Use the template letter here
  2. Copy the text (amend if necessary but it will be fine as is for most people).
  3. click the link to the site shown at the bottom of the letter or click here
  4. Follow the instructions on the site to send to your MP (it will tell you who your MP is if you do not know.
  5. Go here to tell us which MP you've written to.

The letter can also be re-purposed to send to other representatives (Euro MPs, MSPs, Councillors etc.) - just modify it yourself as required

Thank you!

• Haha 1
  • Halifax Current a/c 20yr (closed) - in progress - all 20 years statements recovered!
  • Halifax Platinum Card 15 yr - Court Action Commenced - all 15 years statements recovered!

Write to your MP and

COMPLAIN about the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT Test Case is being handled!

I like it MacBoy - 5 easy steps, thats what people like, easy, and only five steps - wonderful.:-D

• Haha 1

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

Cheers kog :D

Write to your MP and

Now, now, DoS.... ;)

Write to your MP and

Well, I'm calling it a day! Not one Mod decided to reply to me and yet I have had 17 threads deleted as unapproved ( this one will be next)

Sick of having to pick dummys up that have been thrown out of the pram.

Good luck to you all and I hope all works out. Thank you very much everyone who has put some hard work into this and I hope the letter gets results. I will still post questions for help on my forum, but I think the helping has had its day for me.

DoS - check your PMs - and chill.. ;)

Write to your MP and

DoS we've only just started - we don't need the Mods, we have the tools here, we have like minded people visiting this thread and I'm sure there are people who are complaining.

You are just frustrated because you want an instant result. Its not going to happen, it takes time.

The waiver is being revued in a month or two so we have at least that much work to do to drum up more complaints for them to influence the outcome.

KBO

The Waiver is an FSA Conspiracy with the banks against the consumer - Complain to your MP and the FSA about their shameful act!

On the news this morning- Trutex who make school uniforms had a petition for people to sign to take to No 10 to stop adding VAT on school uniforms...........3,000 people signed it.........3,000!!

And what do we get for trying to help people? How many have we got?

Mind you we can look forward to the Charter- that'll have them worried :rolleyes:

OOPs! is that a robot I hear coming???

• Haha 2

You won't get CAG-Botted for that :lol: I've also had a few barbed words to say about that whole charter nonsense too and I haven't been snipped y........

;)

Write to your MP and

On the news this morning- Trutex who make school uniforms had a petition for people to sign to take to No 10 to stop adding VAT on school uniforms...........3,000 people signed it.........3,000!!

And what do we get for trying to help people? How many have we got?

Mind you we can look forward to the Charter- that'll have them worried :rolleyes:

OOPs! is that a robot I hear coming???

:lol:

From the FSA website

The main practical effect of this waiver is to allow the firms to stop resolving complaints about unauthorised overdraft charges. We have reserved the right to revoke the waiver after two months if the county court and the FOS stays sought by the firms do not happen, or if we believe continuing with the waiver is inappropriate. We will renew it after 12 months if we are satisfied the criteria for granting the waiver are still being met and we think continuing it is not inappropriate (see Section 7 of the modification direction).

From the FSA website

The main practical effect of this waiver is to allow the firms to stop resolving complaints about unauthorised overdraft charges. We have reserved the right to revoke the waiver after two months if the county court and the FOS stays sought by the firms do not happen, or if we believe continuing with the waiver is inappropriate. We will renew it after 12 months if we are satisfied the criteria for granting the waiver are still being met and we think continuing it is not inappropriate (see Section 7 of the modification direction).

I won't hold my breath!

LOL Mac :D

The above clause is a getout clause, its been put in because the FSA are quite prepared to remove this waiver if the conditions apply.

It is up to all of us on here to create them conditions through our complaints to the FSA and our MPs.

kog you're absolutely right - I'm thinking perhaps we should get a protest together at Canary Wharf soon too, if the MP thing starts to gain some traction...

Write to your MP and

Hi all, just found this thread. You are all doing a great job!

As some of you already know I have already started a dialogue with my MP Evan Harris and am in the process of writing to Hector Sants, John Fingleton and Walter Merricks using versions of the template.

I had one successful claim through the FOS (£9,320 from Lloyds TSB) but have had a second put on hold (£4,380 also Lloyds - it was a very tough few years!). My wife received a letter from Lloyds announcing that the complaint was on hold within three days, boy they can be quick when they want to be! No communication at all from the FOS about it.

The day the FOS suspension of complaints was announced I called the FOS to complain and was escalated two levels of management. Both had their answers off pat (apparently from the same crib sheet so they had been briefed) spouting the FSA line. Both also tried to discourage me from writing to my MP - cheeky b*****ds. This encourages me to push this campaign as hard as possible as this might be something they are concerned about.

Power to us all!

Muggy.

LTSB £9,356 settled in full through the FOS

SIGN the petition to make banks deal with charges

COMPLAIN to your MP about the FSA waiver and the ANTI-CONSUMER way in which the OFT

Test Case is being handled.

Has anyone had any reply from the FSA - I have't heard a peep from the rabble. They've battend down the hatches, has anyone complained to the FSA, I did but not a peep.

kog

this is what I received yesterday from the FSA when i emailed them.

]many thanks for your email which has been passed to the Chairman of the Consumer Panel, John Howard[

Jackie Allen[/

Consumer Panel Secretariat

Has anyone had any reply from the FSA - I have't heard a peep from the rabble. They've battend down the hatches, has anyone complained to the FSA, I did but not a peep.

I received a reply to my complaint within a day. Two of the points of the complaint were totally ignored. The other 2 were dismissed.

Basically the tone of the email was that they are entitled to introduce any rules they like and that they do not have to investigate complaints based on "dissatisfaction" with their decisions:evil:

They can do more wriggling than a rattlesnake grabbed by the tail!

duncan_disorderly - do you think you could reply to them, keep at them, pester them ask question, prod them. We need to keep building up the pressure. Tell them you are not satified by their reply, they have not answered two of your concerns and the two that they have are unsatisfactory.

From their site

Anyone directly affected by the way in which the FSA has exercised, or failed to exercise, its functions (other than its legislative functions) under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) may complain about the FSA's alleged misconduct using the FSA Complaints Scheme.

Great stuff:D

They've caused our heads to bleed its time for us to cause their heads to bleed.

Anyone directly affected by the way in which the FSA has exercised, or failed to exercise, its functions (other than its legislative functions) under the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 (FSMA) may complain about the FSA's alleged misconduct using the FSA Complaints Scheme.

I have bolded the section in brackets above. The reply from the FSA quoted the following:

You have complained that the FSA's decision to grant a waiver to firms from the complaint-handling rules that apply has caused you detriment. Having assessed your complaint in accordance with the rules in COAF, we have concluded that the matter complained of is excluded from investigation under the rules of our Complaints Scheme.

Our decision is based on the following:-

Complaints about FSA's rules and guidance are excluded from investigation under the scheme by virtue of COAF 1.4.2.(3) which states:

1.4.2.(G) Each of the following is excluded from the complaints scheme:

...(3) complaints in relation to the performance of the FSA's legislative functions under the Act (including making rules and issuing codes and general guidance);

In addition we have concluded that your complaint is based on your dissatisfaction with the FSA's exercise of its regulatory discretion, and, therefore, we would not investigate it under our scheme by virtue of COAF 1.4.2.A which states:-

• 1.4.2.A Circumstances under which the FSA will not investigate:

• The FSA will not investigate a complaint under the complaints scheme which it reasonably considers amounts to no more than dissatisfaction with the FSA's general policies or with the exercise of, or failure to exercise, a discretion where no unreasonable, unprofessional or other misconduct is alleged.

I have asked them to send me a transcript of my complaint as completed on the online complaint form. I did not keep a copy, and will refer them to the points not addressed once I receive it.