Colour-me-happy v Halifax - SETTLED IN FULL

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm another who has found this site thanks to Martin Lewis :D I have just been through my online statements for the past 12 months and the charges are close to £1500 which has obviously spurred me on to do something!

I just want to ask: when I send my DPA letter do I need to enclose any payment for the statements? I've read a few threads and £10 has been mentioned several times...

Any help would be appreciated.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

I have sent my 1st letter today the the Halifax requesting my statements, I am a bit concerned after reading a few threads on here today....

I have 2 bank accounts with them, and while I'm not bothered about them closing them if they want to get nasty, I am worried as I have my mortgage with them and because of debt problems I probably would not be able to get another mortgage elsewhere, can they do anything about my mortgage account because of what I am doing re: the bank charges?

Also is anyone else convinced they are going to be the one that actually gets to court.... I know I am! :oops::(

Well, I have just gone through the leaflet for Halifax Secured Loans, and I would assume same applies to mortgage, and the answer would be no, they can't cancel your mortgage out of spite, only if you default, go bankrupt, that kind of things.

It makes sense, these are fixed term loans. In the same way, I doubt they could call in a personal loan, as long as you have kept your payments up, of course.

Hi colour-me-happy,

:lol: No, you're not the only one convinced they'll be the one Halifax take to court! I am convinced too! See my post "Nervous"!!

Good luck, lets hope we don't meet in court! :?

Penny Less

Q) Why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?

EDITED.

Do everything by email, fax or post. That way they can't try to bully you as they can over the phone or in person

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

:D

ispartacus75, I like the idea of getting nasty back! So far I have been able to hold my own if they've got "ansty" with me!

colour-me-happy, I have a fear of crumbling and crying too! God, I sound really flaky! :? :shock: But I know exactly how you feel.

richardc, Good tip to only communicate via post, phone or email. Anyone managed to get an email address yet?!

Penny Less

Q) Why is there always so much month left at the end of the money?

EDITED.

I see that you already have a running on this claim. There is no need to start another thread. It only confuses everyone.

I have received a reply to the letter I sent.....

Thank you for your recent letter.

So I send you the information you have asked for I will need to recover archived information. When this has been done I will write to you again.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

I will look into your concerns as quickly as possible, but if you need to speak to me meanwhile please telephone me.

Jennie Wright

Is this a standard reply? I sent the template letter and didn't actually mention a complaint?? :?

I'm sorry but you already have threads running on your claim. I've asked you to stick to one thread before and have even locked one of your threads.

Please will you continue in the thread which is already starting. It only makes it very time consuming and confusing to have to assmeble threads together to see what is going on

I have received a reply to the letter I sent.....

Thank you for your recent letter.

So I send you the information you have asked for I will need to recover archived information. When this has been done I will write to you again.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

I will look into your concerns as quickly as possible, but if you need to speak to me meanwhile please telephone me.

Jennie Wright

Is this a standard reply? I sent the template letter and didn't actually mention a complaint?? Confused

I have just phoned the lady who signed the letter (because it only states the 1 account number on the letter and I asked for details of 2 accounts) and also to check about the £10 payment as they have not taken this and she said it is being dealt with informally because it would cost me too much (she quoted the £5 per statement) and it will be dealt with quicker this way.

I asked her to confirm that they would comply with the 40 day DPA request....she said yes.

The phone call was recorded 8)

Please help!!

I have received reams and reams of paper from the Halifax this morning, and its just data, I really don't have a clue how to deciper it, can someone point me in the right direction? Please!

Also the letter enclosed says if I still want my statements to let them know.

The have also said that they are not legally obliged to give me information regarding the manual information due to the "disproportianate effort" on their behalf.... is this right?

she said it is being dealt with informally because it would cost me too much

Really? And what is her take on £30 charges, if a £10 fee for DPA disclosure "...will cost you too much..."

Honestly, I think these people are now at the stage where the only reason they open their mouths is to change feet...

Alecto, Magaera et Tisiphone: Nemesis on Earth is come.

All advice and opinions given by Spiceskull are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would imagine that what you have recieved is an investors report.

Check out this thread where I detailed how to organise and then translate it all.

http://www.bankactiongroup.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2441

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

The feeling seems to be that if there is indeed a disproportionate effort required then they are not legally obliged to provide it.

However the fact that you asked for it in your letter and that they denied access in their letter means that if the subject of manual intervention came up in a court case the bank would look very silly for not providing the information in the first place

How can the banks claim for something that they refuse to provide details of after all.

Paul

Halifax Status

LBA Sent 11/04/06

1/3 offered by phone 20/04/06 - Rejected

BCT Status

Statements Recieved 31/03/06

Capital One Status

Recieved Lie/Reply 24/04/06

I have spoke to the Halifax again today to confirm I still want my statements as I am finding it difficult to wade through the investors report, the guy told me that there is a charge of £5 per statement as they are not covered under the DPA, I know I have read on here previously that that is not true.

I have tried to find the relevent case to quote to them but for the life of me I cannot find it today (is it just me or is the library empty?)

Please help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks