Thompson vs Lloyds TSB

moggy1968
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6339 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go then, hold on it's going to be a bumby ride!

Lloyds returned three DDs in march even though only one would have put me over my overdraft limit. the branch agreed to refund the charges, but didn't, causing me to go over my limit again and more DDs to be returned - total cost about £400. They refused to return the charges, even though the spiral was started by their error. I was having a whine to someone about it and they refered me to this site, so now, because they refused to reasonably refund £400 I am going to pursue them for the last 6 years worth, oh, if only they had been reasonable in the first place!!

I'll keep you posted, great site, it's good that someone (or some people!) are out there to help.

Welcome aboard moggy

We will watch out for updates / questions - please post them here if they are in any way related to this claim.

Good luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hello Moggy1968, we are new to this site and have found nothing but a sympathetic ear and understanding its great to know that someone is out there looking out for your best interests.

I am about to start the process of over 6yrs worth and not looking forward to it but this site by way of replies has given us great encouragement to do so.

I hope you achieve your aim in recovering what is rightfully yours.

Look forward to seeing how you get on and take that great leap forward we are going to.

Good luck and Kind regards

Too blxxxxxy right they have had it there way for far too long!!!

If we kept our money under a mattress (haha) we would know exactly where every penny goes, wouldn't we but heyho this is modern times.

Kind regards

I have sent the DP letter as above but I do have the last three years statements. Going through those 3 years ago I was charged £20 for unpaid DDs, now it is £35, thats a 75% increase in charges (I think) I find it hard to believe that Lloyds costs have risen 75% in that time!!

If it was my business and my costs had increased 75% in 3 years I would be mighty concerned!

• 4 weeks later...

Got my statements through the other day, so have now sent my prelim letter (on 18th) so we await developments. Lloyds seems to be a harder nut to crack than some, but all will be revealed in the fullness of time!! To all those reading this forum I am following the step by step guide and using the library letters and, up to now, it has all been very easy and straightforward.

HSBC £3566 LBA sent 20.07.06.

Lloyds £1334.50 prelim latter sent 18.07.06.

MBNA £who knows! LBA Sent

• 3 weeks later...

well, Lloyds wrote back on the 3rd August saying sorry but tough. They said write to the banking ombudsman. personally I would rather p... in my breakfast cereal, and it would probably be as useful!

They just bounced another three payments, but processed one to themselves that appeared on my statement after the others and was bigger than all 3 put together. Bouncing that one would have left enough to pay the other three but of course that wouldn't have maximised their charges would it!!

so today my LBA goes

If anyone is any doubt as to whether to claim the interest, it is a lot of hassle after all for 8% then look at how much difference it has made to my claims, I was gobsmacked! Using the template in the library it is actually very easy and I would advise doing it initially for your scale of charges, even though you don't need interest calculations at that stage, as it saves re-entering the data later.

MBNA £999.00 + £708.15 interest @24% LBA sent 11.08.06.

Lloyds TSB £1409.50 + £194.03 interest @8% LBA sent 11.08.06.

HSBC £3602.50 + £727.88 interest @8% Moneyclaim completed 11.08.06.

• 1 month later...

good luck. i'm watching these spaces very carefully pending my own claim.

If we kept our money under a mattress (haha) we would know exactly where every penny goes, wouldn't we but heyho this is modern times.

i wish, but in my neighbourhood, my mattrass would get stolen:D

lloyds are one of the tougher nuts to crack, but you will crack them, and the harder they make it, the more likely you are to have to issue proceeedings against them, which means you can then add interest and get even more money out of them!! Remember that each time they send you a letter trying to put you off, do not be distracted, it's a win win situation, you just have to be patient and stick the course.

follow the step by step guide on the forum, use the template letters, and you can't go wrong!

good luck, although luck has nothing to do with, just tenacity and perseverence

Andy

• 1 month later...

Lloyds seem to be playing the tough guy, I have had acknowledgement from their solicitor but nothing else as yet. their 28 days since registering on moneyclaim are now up, does this mean, as I suspect, that I can now issue a default on them through moneyclaim. Does anyone have any experience of how far they will push this? this is, I think, the final hurdle before it goes to court. has anyone else been down this road yet?

I'm geting a bit anxious now so any help is appreciated

Hi Moggy

If their 28 days are up then by all means file judgement against them. Unfortunately in many cases, my own included, they file there defence late and will just have the judgement set aside. **** are VERY busy now an have a policy of leaving it to the last minute, expect them to file defence by end of week then its A/Q time

Victory over Lloyds £890

Click!

Victory over Vodafone: default removal

click!

Victory over Lloyds PPI claim £2606 click!

Barclaycard lazygoing - £580 + £398 contractual int at 17.7 % click! (Received partial payment £110 21/11/06)

The GF's battle against RBS click! stayed awaiting the end of the world

The thing I don't really understand is that this seems to be a standard tactic by them, looking through this site. they push it as far as then can without ever intending to go to court. surely that makes them guilty of contempt and wasting court time? why does the court continue to allow them to do this?

answers on a postcard please!!

I think something has to happen quite soon regarding this, I would assume that the courts are getting fed up of these piles of litigation from customers piling up their desks, in the meantime you need to crack on I am afraid! Not fair - no! but happening - yes!

• 2 months later...

I have now received a court date from |Lloyds (Gulp!) and a letter asking me to send in all copies of documents on which I intend to rely at the hearing,

Can anyone advise me as to what I should be putting in with my letter to the court,

cheers in advance

You need everything from the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html in the templates library, all correspondence between you and Lloyds, your statements or account information, a schedule, the McNamara interview (templates - soundfiles) and edit this to suit your claim and add it to your bundle too - GaryH v Lloyds TSB - WON !! UNCONDITIONALLY !!!!.

You need 3 copies of everything. File one at the court, serve one to Lloyds sols and keep one for yourself (this should include the originals).

Get this all off and then ring SC&M and ask where their documents are. They should then say that the settlement is in the post.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

No problem. Make sure you take notice of the date it all has to be submitted by and get it sent in plenty of time.

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Good work. Should'nt be too much longer before you receive a settlement now!