CCJ Advice needed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6143 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am desperately trying to get back on top of my finances and ordered my credit file from both Experian and Equifax. On the credit file, there is a CCJ for £100 which I don't recognise. It was registered in January this year but to my old address (I moved in October last year). I have no idea who is claiming I owe the debt to and have never received any paperwork about it. Is there anything I can do to get it removed from my credit file? Obviously if I do owe the money I will happily pay it but a CCJ on my file for a £100 debt where I never received any notification of court action seems a little unfair.

Any suggestions please?

You need to send a SAR and CCA request to the creditor who obtained the CCJ. Then once you get this information you may be able to apply for the CCJ to be set aside.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I am desperately trying to get back on top of my finances and ordered my credit file from both Experian and Equifax. On the credit file, there is a CCJ for £100 which I don't recognise. It was registered in January this year but to my old address (I moved in October last year). I have no idea who is claiming I owe the debt to and have never received any paperwork about it. Is there anything I can do to get it removed from my credit file? Obviously if I do owe the money I will happily pay it but a CCJ on my file for a £100 debt where I never received any notification of court action seems a little unfair.

Any suggestions please?

Just write to the Credit Reference Bureau- whichever it is and request further information relating to the creditor who applied the C.C.J. in the 1st place. Then CCA them with the view that you also would request a S.A.R. to see what they have on your file and how the actual C.C.J. came to be.

Any feeling that I`ve helped you today- then add to my reputation and click those scales!