• Tweets

• Can someone please advise on how to upload picture.  I’ve taken a photo of the first page of claim form and converted to pdf but it saying file too big. It’s only one page
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • you IGNORE THEM. stop being had blind nothing anyone can do to you. dx  
    • 3 threads merged for complete history of your debts. i suggest you re read from post 1 again. what are you doing still blindly paying a DCA on a historic debt?  
    • Hi, I have an old outstanding debt from 1994 due to MBNA for £20,000. The debt has been passed to various DCAs and is currently with PRA Group.  I sent them a CCA letter in January 2024. They acknowledged this letter and stated they would come back when they had more information, however the information did not arrive within the 12 working day scenario.. I have just received a copy of the agreement which goes back to 1994 from them. In their response letter they have stated " Please find enclosed documentation received to date: we are waiting further documents in order to complete your request. We have currently deemed this debt as unenforceable which means we are not able to take court or further action against you to recover the outstanding balance". They then go on to state "we are still legally entitled to:  1.Contact you to ask and repay what you owe 2.Pass your details onto a third party collection agency 3. Continue to report your account with the credit reference bureaux (as appropriate)". I'm at a loss as to what I should do next and would appreciate any guidance on this matter. I am currently paying £5.00 pcm. TIA      
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Sole trader v Lloyds TSB

maddison
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6522 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, we are new to this site and we have been reading through the threads posted and have to say it has been very heartwarming to hear of the successess people have achieved. Albeit many are like us just learning how to go about this process.

My husband tried so very hard to stay self-employed for over 6 yrs but the bank made it totally impossible for a 'small fish in a big pond' as they put it to make any kind of living after expenses.

They would not allow us an overdraft at all and there was no le-way with them on DDM's or suchlike. If monies was not in the account they would always take their money and leave us with practically nothing. Charges always susperseded any monies left in the bank. We, like many, struggled to keep our heads above water for many years. I could decorate 2 rooms with the amount of paperwork they kept sending telling us we were overdrawn. They last straw came when my husband had a row with them on the phone and they requested in writing the return of the cheque books and accompanying cards!!!!

They couldn't get it round their head that when you are are self-employed money doesnt arrive in the bank as a employed persons wages does!!!!!

We are going to read as many FAQ's etc as we can and reading through this may help the process to go through without too many 'hiccups' before we start.

It does make us wonder how on earth we got through it at the time as he has now been employed for just over a year and what a relief it has been, never never again.

We are looking forward to this and we are not afraid to go to court if thats what it takes to retrieve the amount of money they have taken from us over the years. Maybe thats why we have never been able to afford a holiday but I bet they have theirs in some exotic place with all their bonuses handed out yearly.

Anyway sorry for going on but will stay on this site and keep you all informed of the progress.

With thanks.

Welcome to the club maddison and hubby. We're all here for you if you have any questions on the process, but it sounds as though you've done the right thing and read through the FAQs etc :)

I sympathise with your situation. Went through a period of about 2 years myself, self-employed IT contracting. Unfortunately about 3 months after I started the market took a huge dip, and I couldn't find much work. Then the charges started hitting... nuff said.

Good luck with your claim, and keep us informed!

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Good afternoon Reload, thank you for taking the time to read and reply.

Going to look through the library now and have a good read not looking forward to any of it but hey nothing ventured nothing gained and we like everyone else thought it was 'dead' money.

Cant thank you enough for the support and thanku for the welcome.

Will keep you informed.

Kind regards.

Hi Reload,

Thanks for the answer to my question it sounds positively simply, although we know its not but honestly that is a great help giving us 4 simple rules to follow. Will do.

Thanks

No worries :)

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

Don't wish to come across bossy, just thought I'd save one of the mods from saying it :D

A couple of logical reasons for doing so though, keeps things tidy for your own benefit if nothing else, giving you one place to refer back to etc - and saves confusing other people's threads too :)

My hubby is a sole trader and banks with LTSB too. You can't tell me anything about the lack of support for sole traders, as we suffered at the hands of Barclays before that. They do not understand that you cannot guarantee that money may not be in on the 1st of the month when the bills are due, or that cheques will be in the account a week before the 1st to make sure it clears.

Our kids are 19 and 17, and last year we took them abroad for the first time. We couldn't afford it, but it was a family wedding and we thought if we didn't go, we would probably never go abroad as a family now they are getting older. We are still paying now, but hopefully the claims will sort some of the problems.

Anyway, enough of my rambling. Good luck.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hello Caro,

Thanks for your post regarding same. Im happy that someone managed to have a holiday last year albeit under financial pressure Im sure.

It sounds like things are just about to get better for you both financially and why not. You both obviously know to well what its like to feel your drowning and theres no way out, until this site!!!!

Going over and over FAQ's and reading as many questions and answers before I put the DPA in.

Good luck and kind regards

Hi maddison

Same thing happened to me.

My buisness failed I lost my home and everything,

The powers that be would not even let me claim JSA because I had been self employed.

they wanted accounts which I did not have and so refused to pay me any money.

I had to go temping in ordear to live.

They somehow thought I had thousands stashed away in some secret bank account.

The whole system stinks to me you try your best to get on in life things go wrong and nobody wants to know.

Anyway good luck.

Hi Paul, we are so sorry to hear that the bank left you high and dry with no way to turn and consequently you lost your home etc.

Believe you me, we have been very close to it on many occasions but struggled through the best we could. No going out socially, no holidays etc it was horrible.

We are going to go for this, you are right the system stinks they werent looking after our best interests at all only theirs. I also agree with having thousands stashed away, when we said we were skint we meant we are skint!! Im sure the bank thought we were telling porky pies.

I hope this all works out for you. Keep your chin up and we ook forward to hearing how it is going for you.

Kind regards

Can u help with regards to the sample spreadsheet I want to be prepared when I get to this stage but I am having trouble trying to get into www.Bank Action Group helpwith...ank charges.xls

It says windows cannot open this file. Windows need to know what program created it?

I am no computer expert and I don't know what I am looking for or doing wrong.

Thank u in advance.

Is it correct that if you had a business account for 6yrs you are unable to send a DPA and you have to physically go through the bank statements yourself or is this incorrect?

thanks

Guest Zooman

I am reading this with interest as I had been busy over the last week totting up my fee of 4 yrs with Lloyds TSB with a ltd company accout and it is a pretty fee. I told my bank manager that I may be reclaiming fees and he reminded me that they have first charge over the building (wink wink) so it looks like I can not do it, never mind. Getting back to why I posted.

Is it correct that if you had a business account for 6yrs you are unable to send a DPA and you have to physically go through the bank statements yourself or is this incorrect?

thanks

Incorporated companies do not enjoy the benefits of DPA but Sole traders & Partnerships do.

I presume that what you are saying the answer is yes I have to go through 6yrs worth of bank statements and tot them up myself and then present them.

However, there is I noticed a template letter re: business is that the one I would use first then.

Is it more difficult then to reclaim your charges if you have been a sole trader?

With thanks

Guest Zooman

Sole Traders (and it variations) are individuals and as such can use the DPA.

Ltd (and it variations) companies are personages in their own right and controlled by its officers, as such cannot use DPA.

I guess what you are saying is yes proceed as it was not a LTD company.

What about the letter do I need to send would it be the one on the templates re: business action?

Kind regards

Guest Zooman

I just sent one to RBS where I had a sole trader account and I sent the personal one because they are holding the information about me.

Looking through the templates, there doesn't appear to be a sole trader-related SAR (Subject Access Request) letter, so I'd go with the standard DPA SAR letter :)

As Zooman says - it's personal information about you (or rather, your husband), so it should be fine.

Goodmorning everyone

Am I being really 'thick' or what, how do I download the first letter requesting for 6yrs of statements to my computer or am I missing something 'obvious'.

With thanks

I just copied and pasted into a word document and filled in my own details.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.