Lowell Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have been recieving letters from Lowell financial saying they have bought my debt from HSBC bank, it alleges that i owe them £735. I had an account with HSBC and had an over draft on that account when i was 18. Am i able to send a CCA letter to Lowell finacial to stop them chasing me.. the last letter i rrecieved advised that within 7 days of the letter they were going to take further steps to recover the money owed by applying to a court ,instructing a baliff or deducting it from my wage. Is this possbile.. PLEASE PLEASE HELP

i am now 25 so believe it has been at least 6 years and i have never acknowledge the debt is mine..

IS the anything i can do

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Welcome to CAG. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162367

for the CCA which will almost certainly sort the problem. You can, indeed you must, CCA otherwise you could get sued and they could do those things if they won.

"Why CCJ when you can CCA!"

thank you for your help.

does it make any difference if the debt has been passed from DCA to DCA as have recvd letters in the past from other agencys but they were sent to the wrong address and have been forwarded to me.g

just send your CCA to the last DCA ,it's for them to gather together the info you require no worries.

suggest you use a postal order, cheques have to be signed if you know what i mean..not as if any DCA would ever consider copying it :)

also just print your name at the end of the CCA request ;)

good luck

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number

With reference to the above agreement, I would be grateful if you would send me a copy of this credit agreement.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), I am entitled to receive a copy of my credit agreement on request. i enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

Under no circumstances does the £1.00 postal order form any part of payment on the above account.

I understand a copy of my credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

I understand that under the Consumer Credit Act creditors are unable to enforce an agreement if they fail to comply with a request for a copy of the agreement under these sections of the Act.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

Thats great thanks so what happens if after 12 days i haven't recvd the info i have requested.. is the debt written offor do i need to do something else.. the whole thing is starting to get me very worried

Dont worry after you send the CCA it's for them to prove that the debt exists i.e. providing a true copy of the original CCA. if they do manage to get it post it on here , rory has a keen eye for mistakes in them . lol... send it recorded or special delivery you can then gain proof of receipt and obtain a signiture on the royal mail website.

i dont understand ?

He means don't offer them any information, they know the rules.

A debt becomes unenforceable under the CCA if a creditor does not supply a true copy of the signed credit agreement within 12 working days of it being requested. After a further month the creditor has committed an offence. This offence can be reported to the Trading Standards Authority (in the creditors area, not your local one), or the FSA and also the Information Commissioner's Office. :)

I wouldnt worry too much about litigation depertments where Lowlifes are concerned.

Take a look at the address of the following companies,

Lowell financial,

Lowell portfolio 1

Lowell portfolio 2

Hamptons Litigation

Red Debt UK

Well well, lookey here, they all seem to share the same address, what can that mean?

Lowell Group

Enterprise House

1 Apex View

Leeds

LS11 9BH

Of course I will pay you everything you say I owe with no proof.

Oooh Look....Flying Pigs

To all of the above people who have posted on this thread i thank you very much for all your advice.. i will keep you updated..

Still feel very very worried about the whole thing but heres hoping in 12 days + 2 that it will all be over

Mowgli, send the CCA TODAY.

This letter you have received is complete and utter crud.

Pre-litigation is another scare tactic of these "people".

Now is the time to make them do some work and PROVE that they can legally collect on this debt.

Remember the CCA is a normal business letter so you must identify yourself in it, so your address IS needed on it as well as there reference, etc.

As has already been mentioned they have 12+2 WORKING days to respond otherwise the debt is in default and any payments can be stopped as they have no legal right to enforce it.

After a further month they commit a summary criminal offence and are in serious trouble.

If they DO produce a valid CCA then you must resume any payments to them.

Make sure you document and log ALL your activities with these "people" as it will be needed later on if they continue to demand payment.

Be VERY careful whose advice you listen too