Woodwa5 v Natwest

woodwa5
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have decided to claim against Natwest. I already have a claim against the Shabbey which is ongoing and I am waiting for them to reply to my LBA at the mo'. I sent off my SAR for Natwest on 25th June and to my surprise got all of the statements in the post this morning (I asked for my Abbey statements on March 8th and I still have 18 months missing). I have worked out how much they owe me and it's just over 3.5k.

A couple of quick questions,

1. They have charged me a default notice fee of £30, can i claim this back?

2. When they closed my account in 2005 they charged me a card recovery fee of £250 for my wife and i's cards, can I claim that back?

Be lucky,

Woodwa5;)

Hi Woodwa5, welcome on board the nat west forum!

Clink on the link below (on my signature) for nat west claimants - you'll find details of what you can and can't claim on that thread.

And given that they defaulted you for only £30, IMHO you should pursue the default removal as part of your claim - particularly as you're overall claim is over £3.5K. Cheeky s*ds they are!

Best of luck - keep us posted! :)

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thanks Hedgey,

the info on the links on your page were excellent. Due to the information contained there my claim is now nearer 4k. I am going to send my prelim today (no time to lose). I just hope they don't muck me around as much as the Abbey have done,

Woodwa5:D

Great stuff............. although you may find nat west and cobbetts just as annoying as Abbey! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I got a letter for the Natwest in response to my prelim saying they will consider my claim and get back to me in 6 - 7 weeks at the latest. LBA will be sent on the 1st August:rolleyes:

Nice one woodwa............. pays nicely to ignore their standard letter!! Best of luck x ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hmmm.......... at this moment in time I can almost write the drivel for them! Be prepared to file N1 at court on the 15th day! ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Well time to start looking at this again. I seem to remember earlier on in the test case that the Nat West T & C's between 2001-2003 could be regarded as penalties and therefore we could still go the common law route.......is that the case or have I read that wrong.

• 3 weeks later...