Is there a thread on this site that deals with child tax credits?

sitcom123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5865 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help. My friend has had a letter from the Child Tax Credits saying she has been overpaid by £6000 and they want it back! She says she has phoned them at least a dozen times in the past 3 years to say she thought they were overpaying her and they have assured her time and time again that the payments were correct.

She doesnt know where to turn and i thought this site might have a thread as i have heard on tv that it seems to have happened to a few others. Can anyone advise me

In 2005 I was told that I had been overpaid by £3000+ even though I had given the correct info to them. It was actually one of the advisors who had given me the wrong info. My husband receives a private pension which they told me doesn't count as income, then 18mths later decided that it did.

I wrote a letter of appeal to them explaining the conversations in detail that I had with them, I had no names or dates(just rough timings) and told them that as I was not trained in their line of work that what I was told by them I had to believe was right. I didn't hear anything for 4mths and decided to phone them to be told that I should have received a letter (I hadn't) informing me that it was still recoverable. I couldn't even get a copy of it as no one seemed to know which dept sent it.

Anyway, I dug my heels in, as I knew I was in the right, and wrote a letter to the Inland Revenue Directors,Tax Credit Office, Preston PR1 0SB explaining everything in detail again. A few weeks later got a phone call to say I had won my appeal. From what I could gather they must have tracked down a recording of the conversation that I had with the advisor.

So, even if you don't have any record of names/dates it is worth writing to them, just give as much detail as possible.

• 8 months later...

Can anyone post up / show link for / PM me a SAR to obtain all data held in regard of Tax Credits please ? Just starting out on my journey of dispute. Thanks.

3 Active Claims:

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Sole account) - Applied to lift court ordered Stay

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) - Awaiting court date

Barclays Refund of Bank Charges (Joint account) Pre-6 yrs- LBA sent.

3 Wins :

Barclays t/a The Woolwich (Data Protection Act breach costs & compliance)

HSBC (on behalf of brother)

Settled Out of Court - £3,874.76

Alliance & Leicester (on behalf of friend)

Settled Out of Court - £723.41