A & L court bundle delivered

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6115 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We've reached the final part of the process with A & L. We are claiming £3000 since January 07, they initially offered us £900 then with the help of a "nudge" letter last week where we offered to settle for £2600 they offered us £1800 in full and final settlement, as well as us having to agree to their T & Cs for all future charges. We obviously refused this and have now sent them the court bundle claiming the full amount (charges, interest and all expenses).

The court date is 14th August at Oxford C C - is anyone else going to be there on that day? The court tells me all the bank claims are going to be dealt with on that day.

Nat West have been easier to deal with. We had to go down the court proceedings route but once we got it allocated we sent a "nudge" letter to Cobbetts and they agreed to settle the full amount (£1655). :)

I live in oxfordshire - but I have been allocated to Aylesbury court and dont even have a date yet.

Is yours a directions or full hearing - how much time has been allocated?

the last couple of claims settled here have been very close to the hearing dates - like the day before!

I thin we all had a few wobbles at one stage but most of us have agreed to make one nudge offer at something acceptable to us - not them - and then if they dont accept (unlikely) then we are ploughing on.

Best thing is to keep reading our threads you will see a pattern emerging:cool:

jan:)

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE

Will be watching this thread with interest - just had my A&L court date through for 13th August, need to get my bundle together now and pay the fee - how do you do that by the way? just take it in to the court before the deadline?

Will let you know how I go and if they settle beforehand. I've not sent a nudge letter to them yet, do you think it's worthwhile at this stage?

Do you have a copy of the one you sent?

Many thanks

pinky :p

Yep, take the fee into the court if you can and ask for a receipt (I sent a copy of this to Wragge with a nudge letter).

You'll find nudge letters in here :-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Mimi

A-Z CAG links to all documents you'll need for

your claim

(Thanks to Michael Brown for all his efforts)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

• 5 weeks later...

:-o:confused: Hi. Im new to this site and I noticed you was on line, so I thought I take a chance and ask you for some advice, Im sorry if i am doing this all wrong. If you know of another member who would be able to help me i would be really grateful! I was sent a "General Form of Judgment or Order" from my local court. They have asked that I follow these 4 directions by this friday at 4pm, but to be honest I dont totally understand what they are asking for! Below is the 4 directions I need to take..

1. the claimant shall file and serve a statement setting out particulars of the breach of contract and any explanation (if such breach is alleged). The statement shall exhibit a copy of the relevant bank terms.

2. The claimant shall file and serve a schedule showing how the amount claimed has been calculated by reference to the undividual item by description, amount and date.

3. In the event that the claimant is seeking to claim for charges that have accured more than six years prior to the issue of the claim, to identify such sums and to file and serve brief reasons why such charges are being saught.

4. In the event that the claimant is seeking to claim reimbursement in respect of interest charged on any overdrawn amount, the claiment is to identify such sums and set out in brief the reasons why such charges are being sought.

And thats it!! But call me thick... I just cant get my head round it all. If you could help thicko me I would be soooo grateful. Im in panic mode at the min and am thinking of giving up!! Please someone explain this jargen to me before A&L have the last laugh!!!

At the top of the forum you can start your own thread (start new thread)- refer to your other post if you dont want to write it all out and then someone should be along to help

jan

Please note I am not an expert - I am not offering opinions or legal help - Please use all the information provided on the site in FAQ- step by step instructions and library- thanks Jansus:)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/images/icons/icon1.gif

offer from A&L 24/8/07 - after case stayed

"What makes the desert beautiful is that somewhere it hides a well." - Antione de Saint Exupery

PROUD TO BE AN ORANGE