B & Q Home Delivery

Rob S
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6389 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am having fun and games with B & Q. They delivered some bedroom furniture on the 3rd June. However 2 items were missing. This was identified by the driver. I phoned their home delivery service and told them of this and they offered me a delivery date of the 5th July!!:mad: I asked to speak to a supervisor but I was told none were available. I told the lady to get one to phone me the next day. You can guess what happened.

I've taken this up with their customer service team and they have managed to bring the date forward to the 28th June. About as much use as a chocolate fireguard to me. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do next? I'm tempted to phone up the credit card people and dispute the payment.

Thanks in anticipation.

I would contact them and tell them if they don't get the missing bits out pronto - as in in the next few days, you'll cancel payment and then can come and collect the rest of it, at their expense, at a time that suits you. cheeky sods

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

The bummer is that my partner and I searched long and hard to find the furniture items we wanted, so we are loath to get them to come and pick the stuff up, but I think if we dispute the payment with the credit card company, that might cause B & Q to pay attention.:)

• 4 months later...

I'm experiencing much the same difficulties as yourselves with B&Q - do you have an update as your complaint was in June.

On 11/8/06 I ordered AND PAID FOR 27 items and was given a delivery date of 25 October [10 weeks!!] but said OK - plenty of work to do before then, so go with it. What happened on 25 October: 5 Items delivered, no explanation as to what has happened to the remainder and no explanation as to why they didnt tell me when I contacted them on 23 October. Like you I dont really want to ask for a refund, but am going to ask for some sort of compensation as I had a guy there on the day after the delivery date waiting to fit the kitchen doors for me. Would really appreciate if you could let me know your outome.......