• Tweets

• I have just read the smaller print on their signs. It says that you can pay at the end of your parking session. given that you have ten minutes grace period the 35 seconds could easily have been taken up with walking back to your car, switching on the engine and then driving out. Even in my younger days when I used to regularly exceed speed limits, I doubt I could have done that in 35 seconds even when I  had a TR5.
    • Makers of insect-based animal feed hope to be able to compete with soybeans on price.View the full article
    • Thank you for posting up the results from the sar. The PCN is not compliant with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. Under Section 9 [2][a] they are supposed to specify the parking time. the photographs show your car in motion both entering and leaving the car park thus not parking. If you have to do a Witness Statement later should they finally take you to Court you will have to continue to state that even though you stayed there for several hours in a small car park and the difference between the ANPR times and the actual parking period may only be a matter of a few minutes  nevertheless the CEL have failed to comply with the Act by failing to specify the parking period. However it looks as if your appeal revealed you were the driver the deficient PCN will not help you as the driver. I suspect that it may have been an appeal from the pub that meant that CEL offered you partly a way out  by allowing you to claim you had made an error in registering your vehicle reg. number . This enabled them to reduce the charge to £20 despite them acknowledging that you hadn't registered at all. We have not seen the signs in the car park yet so we do not what is said on them and all the signs say the same thing. It would be unusual for a pub to have  a Permit Holders Only sign which may discourage casual motorists from stopping there. But if that is the sign then as it prohibits any one who doesn't have a permit, then it cannot form a contract with motorists though it may depend on how the signs are worded.
    • Defence and Counterclaim Claim number XXX Claimant Civil Enforcement Limited Defendant XXXXXXXXXXXXX   How much of the claim do you dispute? I dispute the full amount claimed as shown on the claim form.   Do you dispute this claim because you have already paid it? No, for other reasons.   Defence 1. The Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXXXXX  2. It is denied that the Defendant entered into a contract with the Claimant. 3. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. 4. In any case it is denied that the Defendant broke the terms of a contract with the Claimant. 5. The Claimant is attempting double recovery by adding an additional sum not included in the original offer. 6. In a further abuse of the legal process the Claimant is claiming £50 legal representative's costs, even though they have no legal representative. 7. The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all. Signed I am the Defendant - I believe that the facts stated in this form are true XXXXXXXXXXX 01/05/2024   Defendant's date of birth XXXXXXXXXX   Address to which notices about this claim can be sent to you  
    • pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’.  Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time.  You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID.  You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.<<**IMPORTANT**  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .get a CPR 31:14 request running to the solicitors https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?486334-CPR-31.14-Request-to-use-on-receipt-of-a-PPC-(-Private-Land-Parking-Court-Claim type your name ONLY no need to sign anything .you DO NOT await the return of paperwork. you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Eyespy Vs Abbey

eyespy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I too am with the dreaded Abbey. Incurred further charges on Wednesday.

Im so furious with them now.

I had just last month destroyed most of my statements, so when I heard about this site I was so pleased to see I can get back copy statements done.

Telephoned this morning and asked for statements, felt nervous, was told (very matter of fact) that I can have the last years sent to me for free. If I needed more I can pay A fee of 10.00 GBP and have what I wanted.

I ordered my freebies (coz Im skint) and she said they will be here in 7-10 days.

I have made notes of the converstation I had with them.

Shall I wait for these to come first then ask for the previous 5 years?

Will you wonderful people have the patience to help me throught this?

Administration and organisation are not my strongest skills. I have started a file, where to keep it? I think under my keyboard, because I am determined to get my money back and I see myself doing many (fun) hours of research here.

Just read the Whizzkids account from start to wonderful finish, brilliant.

Any help appreciated, its taken me hours to find how to post a thread, I think my account hadn't activated or something?

kind regards Eileen

Sign the Phil Whitmore petition: http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/PAYUSBACK/ :)

Abbey Current Account claim for charges £1307.11

26/01/07 Awaiting court date

25/01/07 Courts lost my file!! Said it will be sorted soon

23/11/06 Defence recieved from Abbey

20/11/06 Statements a full 6 years received

16/11/06 AQ completed & submitted

30/11/06 Claim number 6SQ06250 recieved from courts

24/10/06 Claim submitted to courts x3 copies

21/08/06 Prelim letter asking for it back, sent to Pam Speed. 14 days up 05/09/06.

21/08/06 Data Protection Act non compliance letter sent. 7 days up 29/08/06

11/07/06 Reply to Pam Speed Data Protection Act fob off letter.

10/07/06 Data Protection Act fob off letter received from Abbey. dated 06/07/06.

29/06/06 Data Protection Act statement request sent

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rather than asking the bank for duplicate statements for the last 5 eyars, you'd be better off submitting the DPA request, and paying the £10 fee for that.

The DPA request puts you on a legal footing, they have to comply within the 40 days. If you request copy statements, they can take their own sweet time about it.

I'd suggest having a good read of the FAQ and the Step-by-Step guide before you go any further - it will answer most of the questions you'll come up with at this stage.

Good luck :)

• Confused 2

... a little

Mahala is a powerful thing ...

If you like my advice, please click the scales.

All advice is offered informally. If in any doubt, seek professional advice.

Barclays:claiming £908. Defence filed

Simply Be: settled in full

Abbey: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

GE Capital: Claim issued for DPA compliance order

Aktiv Kapital: Failed to comply with CCA disclosure. Debt unenforceable.

If this site has helped you, please make a donation to help keep it going.

Welcome and welcome again..

good to see you have been readin - tis the best form of research on here!! And the Whizz case is a very good example to us all.

Bear in mind the FAQs and the guidance notes, as well as getting used to the templates in the library and what they all mean - you will find a lot of other helpful threads both within the abbey forum and of course elsewhere.

Good for getting the intitial batch of statements - try and get hold of the rest ASAP. Note, there is nothing to stop you embarking upon a claim based upon the first amoutn you calculate from the 1 year statements, whilst you await the remainder.. as long as you do not settle in full and final agreement should you be offered anything in response to the initial claim..

but read around a bit more and use the fantastic resources that are available to you.

Keep your file ON the computer - not under the keyboard - copy all your letters and correspondance to a dedicated file on your computer - and of course keep copies of all paper corresppondance from the bank..:)

• Confused 1

"BA Group. The World's favourite CA Group"

HSBC 2 claims amalgamated. £1195. settled in full prior to filing claim.

BARCLAYS settled in full 2 days prior to submission of defence by Barclays

CAP ONE settled in full on day 14 of LBA (£210)

Hi Again

thanks to mahala & Don Quioxte for my welcome and the advice given.

printed off all the info in the step by step guide, will digest and aim to get my DPA request in ASAP for the 5 years statements I do not have at home.

opened the Natwest step account (advice found on this site) and I am awaiting to see if my online application to First Direct has been accepted. I hope these banks don't all conspire against us and stop us from getting another bank account.

can someone tell me, if and when abbey start to get unfriendly with me, ha, will they give me notice to close my account. I have a £1500 overdraft and worry that they may demand immediate repayment of this. What with the charges they have just taken from me and twin teenage daughters 16th birthday next week, I shall be pretty poor again next month.

oh by the way how do you put your statistics on the bottom of your posts ie the amount you are claiming for and who with etc. Im not used to this forum lark, please bear with me.

eileen

21/08/06 Prelim letter asking for it back, sent to Pam Speed. 14 days up 05/09/06.

10/07/06 Data Protection Act fob off letter received from Abbey. dated 06/07/06.

hi epespy!!

welcome to the forum.

*i found that i received a letter from abbey saying that they "may decide to close the account if they feel the relationship with me has broken down"

when you put in a request for back statements giving them 40 days, they usually send you a letter saying that it has been archived and does not come under the dpa so you will need to pay extra for copies of them.

that is when you send the letter giving them 7 more days.

they usually reply with the above* but says also that only if it goes to court.

once you have your parachute accounts up and running which you do have with the natwest ? then maybe making sure you have money going in that account in case they try to take your overdraft off you at short notice.

now i was wondering how everyone has that thing at the bottom of each post they do, saying where they are upto, so ill be looking at posts to see if anyone dilvulges the info.

good luck lisaxx

• Confused 1

if i have helped you at all click please the scales on top right!

ABBEY

11/4 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) SENT OFF

1/6 LBA SENT

22/7 LETTER SENT REQUESTING THEM TO REFUND CHARGES

15/7 STATEMENTS RECEIVED (ALL 6 YEARS WORTH)

20/7 CLAIM ISSUES IN OLDHAM COUNTY COURT.

8/8 CLAIM ACKNOWLEDGED GIVING THEM TILL 21/8.......

SETTLED IN FULL!!!!!!!

T MOBILE i won!

16/6 Data Protection Act SENT OFF

5/8 t mobile have failed to comply with the Data Protection Act/S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) reques ....BRING IT ON BABY!!

7/8 LBE SENT GIVING THEM 7 DAYS TO COUGH UP MY CASH

7/9 FULL REFUND BEEN SENT!!

The bits at the bottom are your signature and created in 'User CP' (User Control Panel).

Welcome Eyespy, keep us posted with things as they develop. We are all here to help one another.

• Confused 1

Hi

Welcome to the forum I'm on page two at the mo under "Hello All" read through my thread as it will give you anwers to some of your queations like how to add things to the bottom( don't worry I asked the same thing ), to make it easier for you it's the top window and you click on usercp then click edit signature and away you go.

I would like to reiterate don and lisa advice and that read as much as you can I've only been on here 2-3 weeks and feel really confident with what I'm doing as you will be as well

So good luck and you are in the right place there's loads of friendly people here who are in the same boat as you, that is we're screwing the banks.

Andy

• Confused 1

N1 forms delivered to court for Barclays

50% rejection letter sent to DLA

( Abbey )

Yeaheyhey

thanks for all the posts guys - feeling that support already.

will keep you all posted with my abbey drama.

speak soon Eileen

Hi all

awoke this morning dreaming :-x about my pending correspondance with abbey.

jumping on pc whenever I can, this site is just amazing. :eek:

Im giving myself the weekend off and will get back to you all bright as a button on Monday.:)

have a great weekend everyone.

Eileen

See I can't keep off here, no sun :( so Im back in from the garden.

Forgot to say I have applied for parachute accounts at Natwest and A&L.

Just got this from A&L this morning::grin:

Thank you for applying for an Alliance & Leicester Premier Direct Current

Account.

I am sorry, but we are unable to offer you a Premier Direct Current

Account at this time. We would, however, like to offer you a Current

Account, with all the benefits of a cheque book and Visa Electron card

which you can use at any cash machine in the UK.

Your agreement papers will be sent to you within the next available first

class post. Once you have checked and signed your agreement papers please

return them to us in the prepaid envelope provided.

This message is for information only; there is no facility to reply to

this message directly by email.

Claire Tomlinson

Senior Manager - Current Accounts Direct

Hi Eileen, and welcome! Just one little point... I wouldn't be at all bothered about A+L turning you down - they are about to be bought by Abbey! Steer clear!:D

Abbey - 547.00 settled in full.

Second claim: £204 WON.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Capital One Concluded £148

Kinda disappointed I've no more banks to go after now...

Hi LondonPam & give me it back

thanks for messages.

Oh I didn't realise about the A&L being taken over by the abbey grabbey.

I just need to get another account!

HAve you any advice on who may give me an account and honour my 1500 GBP overdraft. (My pound sign is not working on my keyboard).

I shall be sending my DPA application for my previous 5 years statements on Monday, then I shall be looking for a little hand holding from everyone when it gets to the court stage.

I am telling friends and well, everyone I know about reclaiming the monies that have been taken from us all. I wonder if the whole banking system will eventually crumble under the strain?

speak soon comrades Eileen:rolleyes:

If you have a look on Moneysupermarket site, it allows you to put in what is important to you (eg overdraft facility etc) and compare who is best for you.

I'm now looking at Nat West.

Barclaycard - 142.88 incl interest due WON BY DEFAULT as they didn't even bother entering a defence. Barclaycard paid up £184.88.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Hey GMIB

thanks for the info on bank choice Ill look a that tomorrow. its amazing how many hours you can spend on this site.

just like to say :o CONGRATULATIONS:o

to NeilP

excellent result, also thanks for taking the time away from your own troubles to answer me.

:D Hi All

Sent my Data Protection Act letter to the Abbey today requesting my last 5 years statements.

Opened up another bank account with First Direct who are offering me an 800 GBP o/draft instantly.

As soon as my salary goes in I get a 50 GBP new customer reward! NICE!!

I shall be tranferring all my banking transactions over to them and will leave my Abbey account open. My overdraft at the Abbey is 1500 GBP (sorry pound sign not working on me keyboard) so if they force me to close my Abbey account I shall offer them 20 GBP a month to repay this. Do you think they will go for that?

Used the Excel spreadsheet from Vampiress to log all the charges I know of so far.

Will let you know how I get on. Can I change the title to my posts or does that create a new thread? Sorry bit dim on the forum rules.

Battle begins!

Bookworm

thanks, so glad u are out there. DId you see I had changes my title on last post?

Im concerned that if I keep the been reading site for two days title how will people know that I need help?

can u explain simply for me, DOH im not with it tonight.

You can change the title of each post (look above), but you can't change the title of your thread. For that, you need a mod.

We normally advise a simple title you can keep throughout, like eyespy v evil bank, kind of thing.

If you need help, all you have to do is post a new post on your thread, doesn't even need a title, just click "post reply", and type your query/update.

Next time s/one clicks "new posts" in the blue bar up there, all the new posts come up in their threads. Or, if it's of special interest to 1 person, they would have subscribed to your thread, (like I did for yours earlier), so that when you posted, a notification came up to tell me there was a new post on your thread, you see? I have a few subcribed threads, about cases I'm following from close up, so as soon as s/one posts in that thread, I can check it out.

If we're very busy, sometimes, your post will not get noticed in the deluge of new posts. If you haven't had an answer after a few hours, or the next day if not urgent, post a reply again, saying "bump" or "help" or "anyone?" or anything you like, it will then bring your thread back up to the top of the new posts.

So now, all you have to do is tell me what title you want! ;)

Hi Bookworm

thanks for the info, I have just heard that Im looking to be made redundant!!:shock: **** so its a little hectic for me at the moment.:mad:

Ill stick with my original thread title. thanks.

I have sent my DPA request for my 5 years statements and will keep you all informed with my claim.:)

Sorry to hear that Eileen. Good luck in finding a new job.

MBNA - Concluded £634.31

Hi

Thought I'd keep you all updated with my claim.

I have just spent 40 minutes on the telephone to Abbey with no results.

There will be a further 110 pounds charges to be taken from my account on SATURDAY 22 JULY my salary goes in on the Monday 24th July.

I ask if they can help me out, a nice female says we can up your overdraft to cover it, but after checking Im informed that Im at my maximum overdraft limit.

I knew that already.

So she says don't worry Ill put you onto debt management, they will help you.

I ask debt management if they can take out charges on Monday, very rude woman says NO, ill tranfer you back to telephone banking!!

I did't even get time to ask her name.

Back to tel banking, I ask (very friendly) Indian operator if they have any indication on my account history of my Data Protection Act request for 6 years statments, he said no but give me an alternative number to ring. No reply on number given.

Rang telephone banking again spoke to second very polite Indian guy, he said I need to speak to the Duplication Statements Department on 01274 369246

Number constantly engaged!!

DOES ANYONE HAVE AN EMAIL ADDRESS FOR THE STATEMENT DUPLICATION DEPARTMENT? OR IS THERE A NUMBER FOR THE MICROFILM RECORDS DEPARTMENT?

MANY THANKS EILEEN

Oh by the way looking at the few old statement I have at home I have noticed that my charges always used to come out of my account on the 24th of each month. Then they were changed to the 22nd, my pay goes in on the 24th!!!

Have they done this deliberatly? Is the 22nd the standard charges day for all Abbey customers?

To Give me it back.

thanks for the message.

Im having a run of it, on the final 10 mins of the England game on Saturday my 10 year old son crashed his bike into husbands parked car. So it was up to A&E to get his leg steri-stripped back together and bandaged. Had to watch final of game with the A&E team before the doctor would look at it. LOL

Then last night my twin 16 year old daughters rang from their first ever trip away from home, (staying at a youth hostel in Wales) to say they had missed the last train home!!!! AAAAAAARGH THE STRESSSSS.

Eileen

I'm absolutely convinced abbey time their charges to the most inconvenient day. I had a joint account where my wage went in on the 30/31st of the month and my charges were timed to come out on the 27th however my wifes single account had her charges come out on the 24th again to coincide with the fact she was paid on the 27th of the month. So it doesn't appear as if there is a standard charges day other than 3 days before you get paid.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider