Me vs (Un)Preferred Mortgages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5802 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello folks,

I ha a mortgage with Preferred from 2002 to 2006, when I re-mortgaged, and left them.

Got £25.00 back from a MEAF charge, and used this correspondance to request a Statement for the account.

Sent first request for rpayment of Unpaid DD/Arrears Management/Default Fees 18th June with a 14 day deadline.

They have not as yet, responded to this; I phoned them on Friday 6th July, and they explained that the charges were fair, and when I asked why they had sent no response as yet, and that they had 5 days to acknowledge my letter under FOS guidelines, the lady apologised and said that they had marked the letter as a query, but would now treat as a complaint, and I would receive a response in the next few days.

Sent 2nd letter on 6th July giving a further 14 days for repayment.

Is it better for me to refer this to the FOS, and give them time to deal with it, as I don't really want to go to Court?

Am I likely to get any of these charges back?

Have a feeling that Preferred will be messier than most?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

D

• 2 months later...

Hi there sorry I cant help you on this one but I would be very grateful if you could give me Preferred Mortgages full postal address.

I redemeed a mortgage with them last year and was charged 3413.83 early repayment charges and was going to claim these back. The address I had for them last year is the old one as they have moved premises since then.:rolleyes:

Thanks!!!

Hello folks,

I ha a mortgage with Preferred from 2002 to 2006, when I re-mortgaged, and left them.

Got £25.00 back from a MEAF charge, and used this correspondance to request a Statement for the account.

Sent first request for rpayment of Unpaid DD/Arrears Management/Default Fees 18th June with a 14 day deadline.

They have not as yet, responded to this; I phoned them on Friday 6th July, and they explained that the charges were fair, and when I asked why they had sent no response as yet, and that they had 5 days to acknowledge my letter under FOS guidelines, the lady apologised and said that they had marked the letter as a query, but would now treat as a complaint, and I would receive a response in the next few days.

Sent 2nd letter on 6th July giving a further 14 days for repayment.

Is it better for me to refer this to the FOS, and give them time to deal with it, as I don't really want to go to Court?

Am I likely to get any of these charges back?

Have a feeling that Preferred will be messier than most?

Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

D

Hi there, any news on this ?

• 2 weeks later...

I came across some papers to do with my redemption with preferred and it is on headed paper from Capstone Mortgage Services, PO box 1075, High Wycombe, HP11 2WX.

I have been looking through the forums for preferred mortgages to see if I can find a template but have had no joy!

Does anyone have a draft letter they have used to request redemption fee be refunded.

Thanks!!:)

• 1 month later...

Good afternoon, I can help out with any issues/addresses with capstone mortgage co, who acquired a company called spml. I don’t know anything about preferred though, but can’t wait to find out.

Just a brief of aggro what this totally incompetent company has caused me.

I have a 5k plus arrears with them, since 2003. Only last Friday did they try to evict myself from home.after the usual nonsense. I requested a court hearing to suspend the eviction and I represented myself.even though I’m quite uneducated. They opposed this in court and after the judge heard my remarks, he suspended the eviction and allocated the original mortgage repayment with a very small arrears payback each month.

This company is company that lies, misrepresents, doesn’t answer their phones for 30, mins plus and when you do get through. The lines are to busy to take your call or they ask you to leave a message, to which their never get back or reply. If you send and email to their customer dept or litigation dept they don’t reply.

Now I will hold my hands up, I did miss early repayments, however got much more into difficulty with repaying that debt, due to their over charges.

Therefore I’m asking if anyone has sued for unlawful charges.

The last twist in my tale and believe this is so ,because they didn’t get what they wanted, with the eviction and to add more extreme costs on the equity in the house in quick fire sale.

I had asked for all statements since 93, which I was told would cost me 25 quid, about three months ago. Today I received a letter stating that they want 25 pound for each year’s statements. Therefore their they want 100 pound for probably about 50 pieces of paper, if that, which all is computerised, so theirs no labour costs apart from at least 5 mins work.

Therefore my questions are as follows

Has any one ever claimed against preferred/spml/capstone mortgages?

What can the consumer claim now against mortgage charges, is it the same as bank claims?

Can I invoice them for my court costs/time etc..

looking forward to hearing from anyone else who has dealt with this so-called nitemare of a company

dick turpin was a robber, but at least he had the decency to wear a mask

Hi, Tony

Yes - you can claim back charges from a mortgage company.

Unlawful charges are unlawful charges, whether levied on your bank account or mortgage account.

There have been some problems when people have tried to claim back ERCs, (Early Redemption Charges) as the court can award costs against you which run into thousands, with some mortgage companies willing to send in barristers to do their dirty work. So I would not advise you to go down this route!!

However, if you are claiming back charges like arrears charges or late payment charges, you will stand a good chance to get refunded. Be aware that these companies will drag their feet and try every trick in the book to get out of paying, just like the banks have been.

BAE

• 2 weeks later...

any more advise please, spml morgages are at it again

last week when i sent them a letter asking for yearly mogage statements for the 6 years ive been with them, they wrote back and stated i needed to send them 25 pound for each year statemnt, the next week i recieved a full list. i eventually got a payment book after nearly 14 months of asking and on the 13th of this month they tryed to evict me for arrears. we went to court and i won.

The judge ordered that i pay 1000 of my arrears imediatley and the fully monthly sum plus 70 pounds of my arrears each month, starting from 1st dec.

what happens next last week 23rd i recieve a letter stating that they have not recived payments as under terms of the agreement and failure to maintain this court order is likely to result in in baliffs being instructed

what are they doing?

Are they trying to put me in an early grave with worry and stress. any advise please as i'm at a point of suing them. since i have checked my arrears , which is £4383,98, their fees charged are £3,053, which most of them are unlawful fees

any legal advise would be helpful

just spoke with spml/prefererd after an hour waiting too get through, they said it was an error as it had over lapped, basically blaming it on the computer and printer, shouldnt these type of threatning/serious letters be signed and read by senior managers before they go out.

unbeliveable, what would have happened if some one in a delicate state because of debt , had recived this, anything could have happened. but eh the companys owners lehman bros couldnt care less as long as they get the highest percentage profit from their clients.

• 1 month later...

It is very interesting to hear the numerous stories regarding this sham of a company. I was actually evicted from my property in April 2007, and I had to pay just under £10,000 within 3 weeks in order that I get my property back. I had to borrow this money from a family member and in May 2007 I was allowed back into my property. Since then I have had nothing but problems with them. I have asked for a breakdown of the amount the claimed I owed them on numerous occassions, and only received it just before christmas after I had to give them the full sob story of my mental illness. The upshot of this is that it seems that more than half of the £10,000 was charges and interest!!!!. Also my mortgage payment jumped £138 pounds in September due to a .88% libor rate increase, they agree that this seems excesive but low and behold cannot explaine to me why. Yesterday I received a letter from them saying that I owe them £984 in arrears, which is totally untrue as I have paid by direct debit since getting my property back.

What is it with this company, I feel like they are trying to send me round the twist. HELP!!!

• 5 months later...

Hi all :)

umm came by this site accidently but hey it's a good 1:)

i had Perferred mort. ppl ring me for my house contents insurance docs. i was going to fax but they only gave ma an address... (For Irishchick)

Perfereed Mortgages Ltd...Performance house...Unit 8..Anderson Court..Sullart Street..Cotkermouth...Cumb...CA13 oEG.

but w8 i rang Capstone Mortgages services for the fax num of perfered, and was told that Capstone does all the admin work for perfered.. and this is the 2nd phone call they've had this week about insurance docs. And was advised not to send it, Capstone is looking into it as they haven't heard of that address..

Dunno if this helped at all