• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Stupid me & First Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6092 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys,

To cut a long one short.....

Have a first plus loan + PPI. After a call with my mortgage advisor, who went off on one with me because of the PPI I have just tried to cancel my PPI with first plus. They refused to cancel it over the phone because I said I felt as if I have been mis-sold the policy.

Can anyone advise me what to do next.

I've read about the SAR letter, is this the best course of action?

Can anyone advise me the steps to take as i'm paying nearly £40 per month PPI and I could really do with not paying it.

Should I cancel my DD because they're saying they need to order transcripts of phone calls and that I won't get my premiums already paid back!

Can anyone advise me please.

Thanks

Lana

Scientia est Potentia :cool:

Story so far:

Halifax - called 02/04/07 refunded £230 07/04/07

Abbey - on hold :(

Cabot - they've given up! :roll:

Capital One - Won including CI :o

I would write to cancel the ppi and send a separate letter simular to bank prelim-should be a letter in the stickys for the ppi section and ask for all the premiums plus interest back. If you want you can do a SAR to request all information held on you by them may give you more proof it was miss sold such as telephone transcripts. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be along soon, but I can't see how they can refuse to cancel the PPI.

Good luck!

ali x

Btw I am no expert just give notes based on what I have read on here and other forums/sites, plus my own experiences and investigations.

All ccj's now dropped off file, 2 yrs to go to clear file.

All old debts either settled or made unenforcable.

RBS MPP-Full offer at 8 wks from first complaint

RBS Overdraft loanguard-full offer at 8 wks from complaint

Citicard ppi-with FOS finally paid 8 months after offer through FOS!

Capital one x2- with FOS

Monument ppi-with FOS

aqua x2 ppi-partialled settled still pushing for the rest

Black horse ppi-offers made and accepted except for one early loan they say no info held-still pushing for payment

Thanks Ali,

They refused to cancel it because the lady I spoke to said I would only get a portion of my premiums back, and I then said I would take the matter further to get all my premiums back, she then escalated it to a complaint and said she now couldn't cancel it because there would be an investigation......they know what they're doing, all the while, keeping my money and charging me more interest ffs

Told you I was stupid :(:confused:

Story so far:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

after my initial telephone call to cancel the PPI, they sent me a letter stating they would investigate and I would receive a reply no later than 3rd August.

I've since sent the letter requesting premiums and interest back......can anyone advise me how long to wait and what the next steps are?

Thanks

Story so far:

If you took the loan pre 2005 they know its been miss-sold and they will pay you. I got back 7.5k and first plus admitted not even listening to the tapes because pre 2005 they know that their scripts were wrong

Hello Lana,

Please read this link

Consumers to benefit from PPI refunds agreement

Now write a letter telling them to cancel the ppi now, immediately and before the 3rd August. stating the oft statement.8)

Then write to them asking them to refund the whole premium, plus the interest they applied to it and then the contractual interest from the date of the loan. :p

If you need help just ask

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that fury but i'm still so confused :confused: and sorry its taken so long to reply.

I finally got a letter from them today after badgering them on the phone since 9th July. Below is part of what they are saying

'If you wish to cancel the insurance we are prepared to make a refund of 866.48 in respect of the premium paid and this would be credited to your loan account.'

Then they say that my monthly payment will reduce by only 11.51 per month.

On the original agreement my monthly payment includes 37.81 per month PPP plus interest.

I'm totally at a loss and think i've been well and truly shafted.

Apart from the fact they said they posted this letter to me on the 27th July when in actual fact the franking clearly shows it wasn't posted until yesterday.

Hope you can help me as i'm now at my wits end, specially as it looks as it they're taking me for a ride.

Lana

Story so far:

Thanks for that fury but i'm still so confused :confused: and sorry its taken so long to reply.

I finally got a letter from them today after badgering them on the phone since 9th July. Below is part of what they are saying

'If you wish to cancel the insurance we are prepared to make a refund of 866.48 in respect of the premium paid and this would be credited to your loan account.'

Then they say that my monthly payment will reduce by only 11.51 per month.

On the original agreement my monthly payment includes 37.81 per month PPP plus interest.

I'm totally at a loss and think i've been well and truly shafted.

Apart from the fact they said they posted this letter to me on the 27th July when in actual fact the franking clearly shows it wasn't posted until yesterday.

Hope you can help me as i'm now at my wits end, specially as it looks as it they're taking me for a ride.

Lana

Hello Lana,

Well the ride they are taking you on is a roller coaster, there will be ups and downs bit scary at times, but when you get off at the other end, you will be buzzing and want to do the whole thing again.

Ok now you have cancelled the ppi, and they still have your money, so we start the process of reclaiming it back. They will deny mis-selling and refuse to repay you, but we keep at it and they will give it back.

You now need to send your prelim letter to them, and start the ball rolling.:grin:

If you need help with letter just ask:grin:

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

That sounds better lol

Do I just send the prelim letter like the bank charges one?

I have to agree to their figures to cancel first though, they want my acceptance to the letter they sent me, regardless of the fact that i've already requested it in writing :(

They're driving me up the wall and what makes it worse, i'm due to pay the whole thing off soon with a re-mortgage and their settlement figure is terrible :mad:

Thanks for getting back to me though, really appreciate it

Lana

Story so far:

That sounds better lol

Do I just send the prelim letter like the bank charges one?

I have to agree to their figures to cancel first though, they want my acceptance to the letter they sent me, regardless of the fact that i've already requested it in writing :(

They're driving me up the wall and what makes it worse, i'm due to pay the whole thing off soon with a re-mortgage and their settlement figure is terrible :mad:

Thanks for getting back to me though, really appreciate it

Lana

Hello Lana,

This saga and the outcome will depend on whether you want an easy life or not. Personally I like the good fight and like to argue and question everything:lol: Its important to let them know that you are no push over. They do like to feel that they are in control, but they must abide by the law:eek:

Did you send a SAR?? and have you got all the info you need.

Did you do a CCA request to have a look at the credit agreement you agreed to????

Do you have the terms and conditions of the loan and the ppi?????

Can you let me know:grin:

Don't worry about a prelim letter I have a few that you can amend :grin:

I didn't do a SAR because the loan has only been going since October 06, all my original paperwork has the figures on and everything.

I didn't do the CCA cos i have all the copies with my signature on :(

The main reason I didn't do those was because i knew I was about to re-mortgage, my credit file is clear and I didn't want them messing with it to ruin my chances of a decent mortgage finally after all these years :(

I'm really a novice when it comes to these things, get worried easily and being a single mum, need all the spare cash I have and am especially worried now as their settlement figure is huge, so will my new mortgage be :(

Story so far:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, urgent help needed with this,

Have just got a copy of my credit file and first plus have made an entry saying payment not received and i've never ever missed a payment.

Story so far:

sorry, hit wrong button.

Is there anything I can do please?

Story so far:

Finally have got my credit file corrected thanks to help from Equifax and now to start the fight ..... with a little help from hellhasnofury if he's not too busy.

Hope you're around and can still help me out.

Thanks so far :)

Story so far:

Hello Lana

And before you say anything Hellhasnofury..lol I have not left the planet, I have been tied up with other things, eg My fight with GE..lol. ( I will Pm some stuff later Sandbro..)

Right onto Firstplus..

To be honest when I submitted my SAR to them , they were prety quick to supply all the Information, and even provided evidence for me that GE had tried to obtain Information regarding my account, Tut Tut GE...But that matter is in Hand.

Strangely though when I again wrote to Firstplus to confirm some Information relating to GE Money they seemed to totally shy away from any positive answers (something I will follow up very soon).

Now this I found a bit strange to be honest, But perhaps they have got wind of the PPI claims that are going to be hitting their complaints department ?.

I have had a couple of set to's with Firstplus so if you need contact names etc PM me and I will provide you with the Info.

As an Example of PPI rebates, I dont know why they call them rebates though..lol, When I cleared my loan the rebate on the PPI was a whopping £86 odds .. Not bad for a product I was charged £3388.00 (plus interest of 7.9% APR over the 15 year term of the loan), it only ran for 30 Months of the 5 year term.

Good Luck

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hello Lana

And before you say anything Hellhasnofury..lol I have not left the planet, I have been tied up with other things, eg My fight with GE..lol. ( I will Pm some stuff later Sandbro..)

Right onto Firstplus..

To be honest when I submitted my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to them , they were prety quick to supply all the Information, and even provided evidence for me that GE had tried to obtain Information regarding my account, Tut Tut GE...But that matter is in Hand.

Strangely though when I again wrote to Firstplus to confirm some Information relating to GE Money they seemed to totally shy away from any positive answers (something I will follow up very soon).

Now this I found a bit strange to be honest, But perhaps they have got wind of the PPI claims that are going to be hitting their complaints department ?.

I have had a couple of set to's with Firstplus so if you need contact names etc PM me and I will provide you with the Info.

As an Example of PPI rebates, I dont know why they call them rebates though..lol, When I cleared my loan the rebate on the PPI was a whopping £86 odds .. Not bad for a product I was charged £3388.00 (plus interest of 7.9% APR over the 15 year term of the loan), it only ran for 30 Months of the 5 year term.

Good Luck

Ian

Hello Reidnet,

So glad to see you back on form, I have missed you. Thought the aliens had got you or ge money:shock:

Had a vision of you in a little dark cell, with a dripping tap, no food, bright lights shining on you 24/7, being interragated for your wisdom and sadly and slowly being brainwashed to sign a contract to work for ge money selling useless extortionate ppi policies.:o That truely would be your worst nightmare:eek:

Had a vision of you in a little dark cell, with a dripping tap, no food, bright lights shining on you 24/7

Sounds like a Travel Inn..lol , Now a dungeon and whips ..mmm :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Hi Reidnet,

Thanks for that, SAR on its way, got it ready yesterday as I was still angry about them messing with my credit file.

Will keep you all posted and probably shout for help when all the stuff arrives.

Good luck with your fight though and thanks for taking the time to pop in on my little problem.

Good luck

and thanks again

Lana

Story so far: