claim started

Stuart Shields
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

just a quick email to let you all know that i started the ball rolling with HSBC on June 12th for the return of punitive bank charges. Have already successfully reclaimed from Alliance and Leicester so HSBC should be straightforward. will keep you all up to date with my progress.

best

stuart

• 2 weeks later...

cheers for that hsbcrusher ... but that's my passport picture :wink:

onto the real business ...

a quick up date - had an offer of 70% of my claim from Colin Langdale over in Leeds on friday. have just printed out my rejection of this as settlement and my intention to pursue hsbc for the full amount.

best wishes

stuart

I have absolutely no doubt ... already successfully completed against Alliance & Leicester! paid off my over draft (spooky coincidence or what) and closed the account.

if the banks had a case then they would have already taken one of us to court. wouldn't it be great if they did - can you imagine the publicity around any case. the whole fee thing is a way of making easy money and it's time we all stopped letting the banks take the proverbial.

hmm, monday morning rant over ...

stuart

• 3 weeks later...

well, got to the end of the 14 days and of course nothing from HSBC. so I filed my claim at Moneyclaim online a few minutes ago. I'm still assuming that they will go to the wire - wouldn't it be nice if they just paid up!

update as and when HSBC get in touch

stuart

have just printed out my rejection of this as settlement and my intention to pursue hsbc for the full amount.

Would you happen to have a copy of a letter I can send, HSBC have offered me £600 but claiming £860.00 so want to do the same but can not find a template letter. Maybe blind!!!!!

Many thanks.

you're not blind, there is no official template letter, however something along the lines of

dear mr bank dude

regarding your offer of £xxxx in letter dated XXXX , i accept this amount as a partial settlement only , and i will be pursuing the remainder of £xxxx as stipulated by my original timetable

regards

me

should do

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

No problem with the letter Michellemc – I used the LBA template but inserted the following paragraph at the start.

Dear Mr bank dude

Thank you for your letter dated 22nd June offering a partial refund of my total claim. I am willing to accept the part payment offered by you for £xxx, however please be aware that I will still pursue the remaining amount and that as a matter of principle I am fully prepared to go to court over this issue. Please do not consider this an idle threat or a frivolous act. I have already successfully conducted a claim against Alliance & Leicester PLC. I also note that on June 13th you charged another set of unlawful punitive charges (£50) to my account which I will be adding to the claim.

and then the LBA details again giving them 14 days to respond.

this is what I sent

I thank you for your letter dated 13th June 2006.

I wish to accept your offer of £XXXX as an installment towards the full amount owing, XXXX.

Only when the £XXXX is paid in full will I cease my court action against HSBC.

I am entirely confident that the charges imposed by HSBC are completely unreasonable, and that a court would agree with this statement.

Hi all,

Quick question for you.

Claim issued on July 13th (so deemed to be served opn the 18th). Acknowledge dby HSBC on the 19th. I received letter dated July 14th offering full settlement – however I’m going to be out of pocket £50 MCOL fees, and the 8% interest.

What do you all reckon, do I accept the full settlement offer and agree to the £50 hit or do I reject /ignore the offer and proceed with claim for full amount, plus costs and interest?

Stuart

HELLO

I AM ABOUT TO START CLAIMING AGAINST HSBC BUT HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHERE TO START. I HAVE A LETTER ALL SET UP AND HAVE A LIST OF ALL MY CHARGES BUT CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE TO SEND IT TO ON THIS WEBSITE? CAN YOU HELP? OR SHALL I JUST POST THE LETTER BY PIDGEON INSTEAD?

THANKS

kIM

X

HELLO

I AM ABOUT TO START CLAIMING AGAINST HSBC BUT HAVENT GOT A CLUE WHERE TO START. I HAVE A LETTER ALL SET UP AND HAVE A LIST OF ALL MY CHARGES BUT CANT FIGURE OUT WHERE TO SEND IT TO ON THIS WEBSITE? CAN YOU HELP? OR SHALL I JUST POST THE LETTER BY PIDGEON INSTEAD?

THANKS

kIM

X

send ir to your branch, it all goes to the same place anyway!