Penalty Point Removal?

UtterlyScrewed
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6023 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have 6 points on my license from about a year and a half ago. I am led to believe that these points are only 'active' for three years, but the DVLA leave them on your license for a further year. I don't understand what the meaning of this is. Surely if they are 'inactive' they should be removed, shouldn't they?

The ponts were written on my license by a Police Officer (who for some reason didn't write down that I had also paid an on the spot fine, which I might look into to see if there is a reason for it). I am thinking of informing the DVLA that I have changed my address (and possibly lost my license) to see if I recieve a clean copy.

Has anyone else done this before?

Thanks.

UtterlyScrewed.

An endorsement like the ones you have is for four years.

For 'totting up disqualification' purposes only, the points count for three years.

If you change your address, your licence is replaced for free. If you lose your licence, you pay for a replacement.

You should also be aware that it is not permissible to hold two licences.

You can pay for none serious endorsements to be removed from your licence after three years.

Otherwise you have to wait out the four years for them to be removed for free.

Some insurance companies ask for convictions to be disclosed within a 5 yr period even though they are spent.

No you can't, you have to wait the full term of the endorsement before you can have it removed, and it will still cost you. Remember, this is DVLA we are talking about and their primary function thesedays is to generate as much money as possible.

I have 6 points on my license from about a year and a half ago. I am led to believe that these points are only 'active' for three years, but the DVLA leave them on your license for a further year. I don't understand what the meaning of this is. Surely if they are 'inactive' they should be removed, shouldn't they?

The ponts were written on my license by a Police Officer (who for some reason didn't write down that I had also paid an on the spot fine, which I might look into to see if there is a reason for it). I am thinking of informing the DVLA that I have changed my address (and possibly lost my license) to see if I recieve a clean copy.

Has anyone else done this before?

Thanks.

UtterlyScrewed.

When you say that they were written on by a Police Officer, this should not happen. If you are unlucky enough to get pulled over there are no on the spot fines in the UK. Only people who do this are Customs and Excise.

Where you given a Fixed Penalty Notice in the form or a yellow ticket which had a £60 if realy unlucky then an enhanced one for £250 fine that needs to be paid within 28 days?

If so you would get 7 days to produce and surrender your licence at a Police Station if you do not surrender this at the scene which is an option given. The FPN is then endorsed to act as your licence until the licence comes back from DVLA who get a copy of the ticket and add the points on. This is sometimes done in writing and has a code like SP30 and 3 points in the points column. (SP30 means speeding in a 30mph zone).

If like you say the Police Officer endorsed your licence there and then this is wrong and DVLA will not have a record of your points.

Valid for 3 years i correct and stay on the licence for 5yrs is also correct.

No need to change addresses just ask for a replacement licence as photo card licence is not valid without the paper part. So you can say that it was washed accidently. Same charge fee for either way.

Baz

(SP30 means speeding in a 30mph zone).

SP30 means speeding other than on a motorway. If you are caught exceeding 70 mph on a dual carriageway, it is still SP30.

Valid for 3 years i correct and stay on the licence for 5yrs is also correct.
For speeding and other minor offences, the points are valid for totting up purposes for 3 years and remain on the licence for 4 years

No need to change addresses just ask for a replacement licence as photo card licence is not valid without the paper part. So you can say that it was washed accidently. Same charge fee for either way.

Baz

Change of address is free. Any other method means paying for the licence.

For change of address, you need to be able to surrender the old licence.

• 3 months later...
SP30 means speeding other than on a motorway. If you are caught exceeding 70 mph on a dual carriageway, it is still SP30.

Disagree there SP50 = Speeding on a motorway, just because DVLA get it wrong and enter the wrong code , and theres more if you want them as they should appear:

SP10 = exceeding goods vehicle speed limits

SP20 = exceeding speed limit for type of vehicle (excluding goods or passenger vehicles)

SP30 = exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road

SP40 = exceeding passenger vehicle speed limit

SP50 = already covered above

SP60 = Undefined speed limit offence.

If you need anymore FPN(E) offence codes just feel free to shout or any other Road Traffic Question Answered.

For speeding and other minor offences, the points are valid for totting up purposes for 3 years and remain on the licence for 4 years

Change of address is free. Any other method means paying for the licence.

For change of address, you need to be able to surrender the old licence.

Feel free to ask away.

Bazza

I don't understand

A) how what you have written in red differs from what I said

It doesn't, he probably just wanted to confirm that you were correct

B) why you have resurrected a thread from July.:???:

a bit slow working it out - he didn't want an SP30