Can i switch energy suppliers

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Nicky,

It depends on NPower. I have had some customers switch over with me [EDIT] with debts that they then clear over a period of time, and others whereby the current (outgoing) supplier has refused to let them switch until the debt is cleared. It is also possible to have the debt transferred apparantly, although this is not something that i have had any experience with.

Good Luck, and have a look at my website to see how competitive the prices are.

Neil.

[it is against the forum rules to post links to commercial sites.]

No customers are allowed to switch utillitys providers, whilst there is an outstanding debt listed on their premises.

NeilP should know this fact already as he should be an accredited agent through Energysure and legally shouldnt be advising you to switch through his website to a company he gets paid commission from.

Again sorry to bear bad news hannahsmygirl but you gotta clear your debt before you can leave Npower.

I agree with Uriel, you cannot change while you have any outstanding Debt.

I would also add that in my experience, never swap with an agent. Stick to the bigger companies and sit tight. In the end they are all as bad as each other! - I worked for British Gas for 6 years. I'm with Southern Elec, always have been. It's never worth the hassle of swapping. What you save in one area, you will loose in another!

All i can say is..... WOW!

If i have caused offence, then i do apologise, but as this is a website where people are looking to save money, or rather have it returned (which i have done with the help of this forum) i see nothing here to have caused such replies.

I only speak from my own experience as i did swap energy suppliers whilst having a debt (which i had an agreed repayment plan with them), albeit this was 6 years ago.

Also, saying to never swap with an agent seems a tad harsh. The company which i work with (which i will not mention again as i seems to cause offence) is Europes Fastest growing Multi Utility Company, is a major Plc listed on the Ftse 500 and unlike the 'Bigger Companies' to which Emma refers to, is totally debt free.

Yes, i would make commission on any referrals received - is that a bad thing? This company does not advertise, has no sales salaries to try and cover, but relies on customers like myself who like to recommend it's services to their friends and families, and as a thank you passes on commissions. I only show people one one to save money, if they wish to take it further that is up to them. Everyone is happy. the customer has saved loads on their household bills, the company is happy as it has another customer, and i am happy as i get paid a commission every month - why is this a bad thing demon_x_slash?

Again, i apologies to those i have offended.

What Upset me about your Advertising NeilP was that You diddnt tell your potential customer that you would make a commission off the sale PLUS a percentage of what that customers spends every month.

Are you on the 6% scale or the 8% bonus per customer? have you had the Company boxster for a month yet?

If this site is supposed to help folk out then it involves the members being honest to the posters.

Uwarehouse have a list of complaints with Energywatch longer than almost anyothers Except Bg.

Uw aint the cheapest provider either;)

Uriel,

I wish the percentages that you stated existed! And no i haven't had the Porshe yet - but i'm close!

However, on your other comment about the complaints to Energywatch, i would be interested in finding out more about this as i do not wish to be promoting a company that does not work ethically - i have not heard of this level of problems, so please do PM with me with any information that you may have.

With regards being the cheapest. No UWDC probably is not the cheapest for just electriciy or just gas - who is. With the market fluctuating as it has been over the last 3 years, no one could possibly be the cheapest all the time. The customers of UWDC make savings accross a whole range of services, benefit from just one monthly bill, and are not tied into contract for any of their services, so if they are unhappy - the can leave. Something that the likes of Sky, Talk Talk, Virgin, etc cannot say!

Anyway, this is not helping Hannah - but i am serious, please do PM those details you mentioned.

• 6 years later...

I think that you can switch but I am not an expert. I switched my supplier using Tower Utility and I think that they can answer your question. Just contact them and tell them everything. I can recommend them cause my bills are lower now.

• 1 month later...