Topcat1962-V-Barclays

Topcat1962
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6153 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks,

I've been hovering around this site & Moneysavingexpert for a few months now & have finally got my backside into gear to claim back £2665 plus interest = £3151

Sent of my SARs back in March 07 & received my statements 25/04/07 (With my cheque & a note saying Barclays do not charge for this service!!!!!) I thought this a little odd as they are very keen to charge for everything else.

Set up an excel spreadsheet & input all the charges with interest & sent my 1st letter with statements on 05/06/07 received a polite reply within 12 days stating how their charges were fair but someone would look into my query & I would have a full explanation to my complaint within 4 weeks.

Sent second letter 20/06/07 saying not happy with response & again requesting my money back, yesterday morning received another letter referring to their reply dated 13/06/07 and stating how they disagree with my view & how, when you open an account you are given the T&Cs relating to the use of said account including charges.

They then go on to say however, that without any admission of liability they are willing to offer me £1995 as a gesture of goodwill in full & final settlement (this is with the cost & inconvenience inherent in a further dispute in mind) They very kindly put in a pre printed form for me to sign as well.

They do however state that if I am dissatisfied with there proposal I could refer to the FOS.

My question is, as they state in their letter & the pre printed form that this is full & final settlement, would I be able to write back to say I will accept this as part payment but would still like the rest of my money back or I will take them to court & would giving them 7 days to reply seem reasonable or, should I just start proceedings???

Any advice greatly appreciated

Topcat1962

Hi Topcat

Take a look in the rejection letters section. Link Below

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

If you reject the offer barclays will withdraw it and force you to start court procedings, even if you say you will accept it as partial settlement.