I need clarification regarding some serious disrepancies

carolineiam
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6185 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I do not want to be a pain but the Penalty Charges Forum advocates one 14 day letter rather than two. Furthermore they state that the 6 year period is from the date of the N1 not from the date the bank received the first letter requesting the money. The have helped claim about £4000000 pounds so far and they got me clearly confused. The sending two letters strategy would cost me 400 pounds in lost charges if the Penalty Charges Forum is correct in asserting that that the 6 year period is from the date of the N1 not from the date the bank received the first letter requesting the money.

I find this quite confusing can someone help me please . I really do not want to screw up

Welcome Caroline,

You can actually claim back further than six years so don't worry about that. What I would suggest is that you have a good read around the FAQ's. Take a couple of days to read around, take a deep breath and then start again. Have you sent any letters so far?

HFC Bank - First letter claiming £196/LBA sent/£75 offered/rejected/Claim filed

HFC Bank Take 2 - Statements received

A & L - Prelim sent/LBA sent

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Abbey (for my Sister) - ***Won***

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

HSBC - (for my brother-in-law) ***Won*** 8-)

Welcome Caroline,

You can actually claim back further than six years so don't worry about that. What I would suggest is that you have a good read around the FAQ's. Take a couple of days to read around, take a deep breath and then start again. Have you sent any letters so far?

I have sent a prelim letter. Are we sure about this further than 6 years thingy or is it like the contractual interest pipe dream ?

Okay many people have managed to claim back further than six years. The arguement is that the bank has deceived you by taking money for charges that you, at the time, thought were lawful. You are now aware that these charges are considered unlawful. I would say it is a personal decision as to how far you go back, but personally, I am claiming back 6 years from the date of the request for the statements. There is a little bit more of an arguement required to go back beyond six years but like I said, if you read around, you will see what is involved. I would suggest that you recalculate your charges, using the spreadsheets on this site and use the template for the Letter Before Action. Everybody will tell you that there really is no need to use a third party to claim back the charges. There is more than enough information and support on this site to get you through from start to finish :)

Barclays (for my Dad) - Awaiting statements/LBA for S.A.R. sent/Statements received/Prelim sent/LBA sent

A & L (for my Son) - Awaiting statements/Statements arrived Prelim letter sent/£280 offered and rejected

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***

Okay many people have managed to claim back further than six years. The arguement is that the bank has deceived you by taking money for charges that you, at the time, thought were lawful. You are now aware that these charges are considered unlawful. I would say it is a personal decision as to how far you go back, but personally, I am claiming back 6 years from the date of the request for the statements. There is a little bit more of an arguement required to go back beyond six years but like I said, if you read around, you will see what is involved. I would suggest that you recalculate your charges, using the spreadsheets on this site and use the template for the Letter Before Action. Everybody will tell you that there really is no need to use a third party to claim back the charges. There is more than enough information and support on this site to get you through from start to finish :)

thanx for this. The forum i was refering was the original self help forum that brought the case of unlawful charges forward. It is titled penaltychargesforum.co.uk

I've never seen it so I can't really comment, although I must admit I thought you were referring to somebody doing it for you, but it's late (that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it ;) ). I originally started off on Moneysavingexpert and then defected onto here, and I've never looked back. This site, in my humble opinion, is the best thing I've ever come across

Barclays PPI claim

Studio - ***Won***