Hi... would really like info on bank charges!!!

louise78
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6136 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks good, but I'm not sure that I'd quote the Hull County Court order as this hasn't actually set a precedent yet. With regards to the settled claims, leave this is in as this is easy to find. You go to the Litigation section on the main forum page and enter the following details - claim number, bank (national westminster), amount and date. Select font size 8 and enter the details. A spreadsheet will open up in a new window - print this off as this is a sample list of settled claims.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please have a look at Michael Browne's

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

Thank the lord!!!!! I can stop jumping threads now!!!! ;) xx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

I do not answer queries via PM. If you send me a PM, please include a link to your thread - any advice I am able to offer will be on your thread.

The bit I took out was this:

The Claimant believes that if the Defendant has the serious intention of defending this claim at trial as is indicated by its defence, that it is incumbent on it to disclose such information. Further, the proposed directions are already routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as in small claims track cases in Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, Northampton and Mansfield County Courts.

As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, the Claimant believes the outstanding issues to be of fact. Accordingly, the Claimant respectfully requests that this claim be allocated to the small claims track, and estimates that the hearing of the claim should last no longer than one hour.

I'm not sure where my right lay on this one! I have no idea what they are talking about when they refer to the proposed directions are already routinely ordered in claims of this nature in the Mercantile Court in London, as well as in small claims track cases in Leicester, Derby, Chesterfield, Northampton and Mansfield County Courts.

OR : As the law relating to contractual penalties is long established, the Claimant believes the outstanding issues to be of fact.

I hate to be thick and ask for so much from you.. but the solicitors scare me! Although my desire to "screw" them (pardon the expression) kinda makes up for it!

Any advise would be VERY gratefully recieved!

xx :)

You want to leave all that stuff in.

Essentially, it's saying that you don't think the defendant, ie the bank, is serious about its intention to defend its claim and that in the light of this and what's happened in previous similar cases - at the Mercantile Court in London, as well as in a number of other courts - you believe you're entirely justified in asking for the bank to disclose its costs.

Basically, this is your opportunity to try and put the frighteners on the bank, as opposed to the other way around! ;-)

• Haha 1

NatWest: seeking unlawful charges + interest incurred as a result of those charges of £4,292.82 and contractual interest (compounded) of £4,559.41. Court claim issued 16.01.08; acknowledgement of service filled by Cobbetts on 30.01.08

Your threads merged again.

Please keep all posts regarding this claim in this thread.

If you're running a numbr of threads at the same time, it is impossible to follow your claim and could jeopardise our attempts to advise you.

Rooster.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Good for you! Fingers crossed that either cobbetts cave in or the court grants the draft order. Keep up the good work! xx:D

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Hi again guys,

Just a thought after reading lots of threads! What do you think of writing straight to Nat West and "nudging" them. I have sent a "nudge" to Cobbetts... Or is it best to leave it in the solicitors hands now?

Any advice greatly appreciated! xx

I don't really think it's worth it Louise, it's in Cobbetts' hands now hun........... and you've already 'nudged' them. Keep up the nudges with Cobbetts though (every 14 days) - if nothing else they may get that fed up with you that they'll settle!! ;):D xx

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Awwww............ what you like!!

Don't worry - if you need to do 'the bundle' there's plenty of help available! When you actually read it though, it's not that scary. It's just a case of 'doing as it says on the tin'!!!

Chill out! You're doing a grand job! xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. News reel..!! I have just had some contact with the court. it is "Notice of Allocation or Listing Hearing" to the claimant's solicitor.

District Judge XXXXX has considered the statements of case submitted in this claim and has decided a hearing is necessary before a final decision is made about allocation can be made.

Reasons for this hearing are as follows:

The court needs to identify whther this particular case is suitable for hearing as a Fast Track.

District Judge XXXX order you to attend at XXXXX.

Also, there is an attachment saying:

"The court has identified a number of cases which all raise the same issues and defence. In an effort to manage them appropriately the court has listed the cases for consideration of allocation or in some cases reallocation. The court has endeavoured to lsit cases onvolving the same lending institution at the same time in the hope that only one representative need attend"

Do I need to do anything? Or just turn up at the allocated time? And it this good ish news?

Thanks for anyone's comments! x

Louise, how much are you claiming (I'm too lazy to track back through your thread!)

This is an allocation hearing - have a look through this thread GOT A COURT DATE? A guide to the later stages for everything you need to prepare and take with you on the day. Get everything ready in good time and make sure that you understand all the documents.

What date is it???

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

£3,300??? - I'd have thought that would be small claims track (maybe the judge has just lumped you all together though!!)

3rd Sept? - my hubby's birthday! I'll be thinking of you while I sip my wine in my fave Italian restaurant!! ;)

Have a good read through the link that I gave you above though louise, it'll help you to get everything ready to take with you.

Move quick your court don't they! :D

• Haha 1

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks so much Hedgey! I thought that the courts were moving quite slowly...! I've been at this one way or another since the beginning of the year!

Well, happy birthday to your hubby! Thanks for the link, I always get scared when I first read through the threads.. it takes a couple of reads to get it into my head..!

By the way, is there a quick way of finding my thread? If I don't have any news for a while it'll take me ages to look through them all?! Am I just being thick?!

Thanks again xx

When you first log on, go straight to the blue control panel (near to the top of each page/forum) and click on 'quick links' then scroll down to 'subscribed threads' ................ you'll be able to find your own thread quite easily from there xx ;)

A-Z Guide

*** PLEASE NOTE ***

Thanks again hedgey! I'll bet you're bored of reading that off my tread!!! ~ bit worried about the latest news ~ OFT taking 7 major banks to court. Not sure how that will affect us??!! Anyways.. just keeping my fingers crossed!

xxx

Hi You are not alone they have done this to me too and I need help too. Not sure of where to turn at the moment it has taken me over 6 months to get this far so if you get a response of how to go on can you pass it on to me please thank you so much. bjtfp