• Tweets

• and it will be also now written off under age related criteria anyway.
    • @dx100ukThanks for this! I'm still not clear if I'm facing more than 6 points on my license though. Can you explain any further please? When I accept the 2nd speeding ticket, will they just charge me £100 and 3 points, or will they be more severe consequences since that offense took place the following day of the 1st offense? Similarly, when I accept the 3rd offense, will they look at my record or just charge me with the £100 fine and 3 points? @Man in the middleI've been searching the forum and you seem very knowledgeable. Would you mind giving a look at my query please? Thanks in advance!!
    • Yes of course. That's why it says cc:: BIg Motoring World at the bottom. Don't imagine that this solves the issue. It doesn't. He not have to force the finance company and big motoring world to accept the rejection to give your money back. I suggest that you get the letter off tomorrow. And let us know what you hear but on Friday you should then send a threat to the finance company.   Have a look what I have said here about your options and read the whole thread as well.  
    • Been perusing the actual figures on the polls above wondering where the '16% claimed for deform comes from? I understand that there are 'weighted' end results based on secret calculations ...   Probably going to repeat this later, but remember that the ukip/brexit/reform/deform party has ALWAYS had poll speculation FAR better than their actual  performance at elections - by large margins. SO: The labor and Tory votes come largely from simply the people who say they will vote for them - sorted Lab 43% Tory 20%, with maybe another small 1-2% coming from the weightings of the 'not sures' Greens largely get what is declared from 'other' , although with another declared green bit from the 'pressed' question   So as the share of the voting displayed in 'other' granted to reform/deform is around 11%, where does the '16% too often being reported come from? Seems that reform has been granted as beneficiary of effectively ALL the don't knows and wont says, who when pressed didn't actually declare for someone else ... effectively adding 40%+ to their reported polling % - rather strange given their consistent under-performance compared to polling - or perhaps that is the cause of the higher rating eh?   Now I admit the possibility (probability?) of wingers being ashamed of declaring their support for the yuckey lemon end of the spectrum ... but surely  that should affect the 'Torys as well? Maybe the statisticians have simply weighted in that deform wingers are simply more likely to lie?   But - without 'weightings' and assumptions that faragits will get everything that isnt declared as a definite and unequivocal 'not that Piers Morgan' - reform is on around 11% it seems.   Add to that the history of polling a lot less than the hype - and the simple fact that faragit wingers seem to be spread across the country (presumably skulking in their moms spare room despite being 45+) and greens and lib dems seem to be community minded - I think two seats will be an epic result for farage. Hardly the opposition - far more raving wingnut party.   and importantly - Has farage got a home in clacton yet?
    • "as I have no tools available to merge documents, unless you can suggest any free ones that will perform offline merges without watermarking" (which you don't) ... but ok please upload the documents and we'll go from there
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

i,m mad help please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6013 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: i had started with a claim company in early febuary,*****yours its nearly july now have tried contacting them they never reply or keep you informed,i gave them an extra month to try and get my statements,that is nearly up so i decided to phone halifax myself and asked them if they had sent statements? they had no knowlege of them asking for any as there would of been a ref number,so i have wasted 5 months waiting for nothing.in this time i have claimed of alliance and leicester and capital one,if any one is thinking of using any of these companies don,t.now if any one could help me where to start as these charges are going back well over 5+ years in to 8yrs also can i sack this company?thankyou :p

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh dear, oh dear - I'm afraid where there's money to be made, the worms crawl out of their little holes.

Strangely enough I got another call on my mobile this morning, from a very rude woman. She was offering to reclaim all my bank charges... I demanded to know who she was and where she got my number...she refused to give me any information, she screamed down the phone at me " well you just can't help some people, and don't take your bad day out on me, I was willing to offer you a service" and then hung up.

I called 02 and demanded they stop selling my number to these people, a kind young man promised me 02 never sell numbers and cannot apologize enough.

He gave me two websites to complain about these calls - I am strong enough at the moment to deal with these asses - my main concern is those folks that don't know about CAG and sign up to these people.

I intend on going as far as I can with this. This is the 3rd call I have had from companies offering to get my bank charges back.

A Warning to all.

• Haha 2

• Haha 1

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Hi katscash, welcome to our forum, there is always someone who can help you with your problems. I don't see why you can't sack this company, you haven't paid them any money yet have youquestionmark.gif

IMHO (sorry Dusary) I would suggest that you write this company a very strong letter, & tell them that as they don't seem to have got anywhere, or even done anything regarding your claim, you have decided to go down another road & pursue the matter yourself, so you will no longer be needing their services.

I totally agree with you sally, anything to do with money, & they seem to crawl out from the woodwork, & everywhere.

Money I hope you manage to find out who's doing this, & give them hell, it'll even make you feel better.

Please keep your thread updated & there will be plenty of us to help guide you whenever you need

• Haha 1

--------------------------------

If you approve of my Post, please tip my scales.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thank you for the click.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

Any advice or opinion I give, is what I have learnt from CAG, If in doubt, please consult a professional.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks everyone for your support:) dusury, macboy has had a hard time getting his statements from halifax pre 6yrs.do you think i should just give a estimate? i know i owe cabicot £998.00 (debt collection agency)still that works out alone to be nearly £600.00 interest since 1999,i cant remember when i opened account either. but today halifax gave me roll number for my old account:p i,m not really good at writing letters are there any sar pre 6yrs? big thanks again everyone8-)

And if they give you any b*****t about only being able to go back 6 years, then read them the highlighted bit over the phone.

(Make sure you understand it yourself! My understanding is that the Limitations Act applies to the timing of when you begin the *action* - that is, within the 6 years-period that you had discovered the fraud/theft/deliberate concealement.)

Section 32 of the Limitations Act 1980 states:

32.--

· (1) .... where in the case of any action for which a period of limitation is prescribed by this Act, either-

· (a) the action is based upon the fraud of the defendant; or

· (b) any fact relevant to the plaintiff's right of action has been deliberately concealed from him by the defendant; or

· © the action is for relief from the consequences of a mistake;

· the period of limitation shall not begin to run until the plaintiff has discovered the fraud, concealment or mistake (as the case may be) or could with reasonable diligence have discovered it. ....

· (2) For the purposes of subsection (1) above, deliberate commission of a breach of duty in circumstances in which it is unlikely to be discovered for some time amounts to deliberate concealment of the facts involved in that breach of duty. . . .

(5) Sections 14A and 14B of this Act shall not apply to any action to which subsection (1)(b) above applies (and accordingly the period of limitation referred to in that sub-section, in any case to which either of those sections would otherwise apply, is the period applicable under section 2 of this Act).

This is what we use to keep claims in the primary limitation period. However it is not just a case of adding this into our Particulars of Claim and expecting it to get allowed. We need to argue this should apply and the arguements are that we beleive the Banks have deliberately concealed this information from us or the other arguement is that we mistakingly pais the charges believing them to be lawful. You will need to read up on this if you are going to attempt a claim like this. This thread from the start is a good place to start.

Also look here:

Bong v HSBC *Contractual Interest & 13yr claim**WON!!!**

also here:

Do you have charges going back more than 6 years?

Also here:

Limitation Act 1980 s32(1),a,b,c + (2) Actual Case Law

You could also say to them over the phone that you REQUIRE written confirmation of when the history was destroyed and how it had been destroyed. (That's what I've been doing.)

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

big thanks dusary very helpfull information:-D i think i will write a sar and quote this in a letter,i intend going all the way with this also co-op the same thing really,send letter tomorrow to both and one to sack the claims company.im scared though have won against a+l and cap one at mo but theses charges are under six years so they were easy, if ineed to i might get a solicitor at end if i go to court:) thanks again keep you posted

If ineed to i might get a solicitor at end if i go to court:) thanks again keep you posted

You won't!

Glad you sacked that firm!

Everything is here!

So are we!

23_32_7.gif & don't forget that help is always here whenever you need it!

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No probs katcash, anytime.

13/07/07 **WON** Halifax

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i just phoned the halifax and asked them to send me my last 6 years bank statments which they did in 1 week and they didnt charge me the £5 they said it would cost i had won my bank charges back in no more than 8wks

Buffy xx

Good luck with yours

Buffy x

Buffy v Halifax WON all charges refunded

hi buffyoo7 thanks for support:) today i sent letter to ***** yours sacking them, and S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) to halifax and co-op all recorded delivery,can,t wait to see what happens fingers crossed :p if they don,t give me my statements is it the same process do i go to information comissioner still ,even though its over six years?:confused: thankyou

p.s buffyoo7 and congratulations on your winxx are you having a boy or girl ?i bet you cant wait now

hi everyone ;) wow i sent sar to halifax and coop monday have recieved my statments from coop to day, i know this is halifax forum but could someone how long coop holds statments for ? the statments they sent start from june01,i sent with sar limitations act letter requesting all my statment history but i had this account at least 5yrs previous to this.dont know exact date account was opened.dont know what to do now?:confused:

You should start your own thread under the Co-Op subforum ;) - but since you are here - I'll answer.:D

Your S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) asked for your FULL history with them.

Simple!

If they haven't told you (or won't) get onto Information Commissioners Office pronto:

How to access information - Information Commissioner's Office (Information Commissioners Office)

But I think a little popping into the branch should get you the info.

You could send off this as well:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Hope this helps!

Our pleasure!