BillyNeon vs HSBC

BillyNeon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yeh, for some reason HSBC seem to be releasing the DPA requests without taking the cash - they sent my cheque back too!!

Wonder why?

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Yeh, for some reason HSBC seem to be releasing the DPA requests without taking the cash - they sent my cheque back too!!

Wonder why?

Playing it safe, I reckon. Really, a stack of paper for a tenner is a bit of a joke, but they are legally obliged to it - however waving it makes them look like they are doing something nice.

Playing it safe, I reckon. Really, a stack of paper for a tenner is a bit of a joke, but they are legally obliged to it - however waving it makes them look like they are doing something nice.

I personally think this is the case, it's to put you off the scent (hopefully)

All the best with your claim!

Crusher :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well, had the standard 'Thank you' letter this weekend saying that my statements will start arriving in batches "shortly".

However I decided to use some free time today to trawl through my online statement records - and have worked out that they've charged me close to £1,500. So I'll be sending the first request for the cash back tomorrow, and am about to draft the letter now.

I'm particularly shocked because many of the charges were from the last year, and I just didn't notice them - you think you're just spending all your cash and paying off your bills, not that they're whacking a massive £100 or £125 on your account every month when you go a few quid over the red line. I'm sure the feeling of anger and frustration about it is something we all share - I'm grateful that this place exists to show me how to channel that into something productive!

Quick question before I send the letter, though: I seem to remember reading here that the online statements don't show all the charges? Am I mistaken? I tried doing a search, but to no avail. Does anyone think I should wait for the printed statements?

[quote=

Quick question before I send the letter, though: I seem to remember reading here that the online statements don't show all the charges? Am I mistaken? I tried doing a search, but to no avail. Does anyone think I should wait for the printed statements?

I would have thought that very unlikely. You can send the prelim letter, and if the statements don't tally with the online ones, you can adjust the figure in the LBA or when you submit a claim to court.

as above, however i think that you may be getting mixed up a little with those people that have asked the bank to produce for them a list of charges only, which when checked against statements didnt tally up ;-)

HSBC- £4995, settled payment in full

if you found this post helpful, please click the scales (top right of post), ta ;)

if you're not sure what to do?, Read the FAQ's

Unsure about what to claim, or confused about overdraft interest? Charges explanation

Handed my letter in at the local branch. They said they didn't have any way to give me a confirmation of delivery, but promised to pass it on to "the team handling this matter".

What was funny was that they insisted in opening and slowly reading the letter in front of me, remarking warily "Oh, I guess this has something to do with something you saw on TV". I replied: "No. It's got to do with my rights as your customer."

Anyway: T-minus 14 days...

Handed my letter in at the local branch. They said they didn't have any way to give me a confirmation of delivery, but promised to pass it on to "the team handling this matter"..

Don't like the sound of that, i think I would have asked them for a complimenary slip at least, signing reciept, they may just say they haven't recieved it..

(not that I don't trust the banks or anything.....)

HSBC

09th June 2006 - Data Protection Act Request

21st June 2006 - Acknowledgement from HSBC

30th June 2006 - 33 letters arrive - 6yrs statements

01st July 2006 - Preliminary request for £2868.24.

12th July 2006 - HSBC offered me £1995, I declined.

17th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £2970

01st August 2006 - MCOL for £3778 (inc 8% + fees)

08th August 2006 - HSBC defending ....

31st August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - Wooooooohoooooo.

Halifax

09th June 2006- Data Protection Act Request

22nd June 2006 - Acknowledgement from Halifax

08th July 2006 6yrs statements arrive.

10th July 2006 - Preliminary request for £1393.08.

21st July 2006 - Halifax offered £115, I declined..

24th July 2006 - LBA sent, now £1421.

08th August 2006 - MCOL for £1822 (inc 8% and fees)

16th August 2006 - SETTLED IN FULL - woooohoooo

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the people at the local branch definitely passed on the letter... because today I got a letter offering me all but £100 of the fees back. I'm going to accept, as I feel I've made my point, and a small part of me does acknowledge that the fees were incurred as I was going over-overdrawn (that wouldn't have happened in the first place if they hadn't started charging me £125 every month from last March, but that's another argument ;).

I am really, really chuffed - and am very grateful for this site's existance. I'll be telling everyone I know to check this out, and will make a donation/do the survey once I've had my money paid in.

The letter I received, BTW, was the standard letter saying that they're offering me the money as they will incur costs, but are confident that they would win if it went to court, etc. All lies, of course. Interestingly, there was no request that I keep this confidential. I am supposed to send the letter back, signed, which I shall do tomorrow - but is there also a way to fax it back? I've seen that mentioned before.

Thanks again, Consumer Action Group!