Claiming £1500 In Scotland From Bank Of Scotland

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I need some help from anyone going through / gone through a claim with the Bank of Scotland.

I live in Scotland and have sent all the appropriate letters from the site to the bank. Their 14 days to respond to my LBA has now passed and so in theory I am at the stage where I need to file a claim.

After reading up on all the info on claims in Scotland, my question is this :

What excactly do I need to do and where do I bring the claim?

I understand you can still go normal N1 route through the english courts if your bank has an english registered address. From what I read, the BOS registered address is in Scotland so I'm really confused as to where I now go???

Any help would relaly be appreciated!

Re: The Address

Bank of Scotland

Customer Relations

Trinity Road

Halifax

HX1 2RG

That's where you should be writing and citing as the address.

They are now HBOSplc.

Have a look at Kenny's thread.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/94286-kennythecelt-1-halifax-bos.html?highlight=kennythecelt

And mine:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/halifax-bank-bank-scotland/81108-dusary-bank-scotland.html?highlight=kennythecelt

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Great - thanks.

My cousin has won 2 claims with Natwest and so knows all about how to proceed when they dont reply to the LBA so she can help me!

I just wasnt sure wether I could follow the same track as I know it's all different for us living in scotland.

Thanks again for your help - I'm off to fill in an N1 with the courts!!

Just you go straight ahead!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Do you know which court I am to send the N1 in to ? Usually it is your local court ( if you live in England ) but I assume I send it in to the court local to the HBOS registered english address in Halifax??:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Nope!

You can file in ANY court - Berwick-upon- Tweed, Carlisle, Newcastle - anywhere you fancy!

I only gave you those examples cuz they're close to the Border!

But you won't have to go to Court!

AND YOU'LL BE ANOTHER WINNER!

Look what happened to me this week!